PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Were Donkeys going for TBs knees?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumby

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
On the von miller sack and again toward end of game when woodyard (?) got after him to cause the fumble; it seemed like they made an extra effort to target TBs knees.

Particularly the von miller sack. he went after TB and it seemed to me he didn't need to go low; but he did and then reached up high (around the collar) and then pulled TB back down so that he (v m) would be on top of the lower legs while he pulled the upper body over vm's chest. I didnt think that was a normal approach or how our guys would tackle a qb.

Then on the brady fumble it looked like the guy was giving some extra-curricular torque to brady's rt knee and that was when the ball came out.

Just wondering if anyone else thought they saw it that way too; or it's just my homer-conspiracy mind at work.

On the von miller sack and again toward end of game when woodyard (?) got after him to cause the fumble; it seemed like they made an extra effort to target TBs knees.

Particularly the von miller sack. he went after TB and it seemed to me he didn't need to go low; but he did and then reached up high (around the collar) and then pulled TB back down so that he (v m) would be on top of the lower legs while he pulled the upper body over vm's chest. I didnt think that was a normal approach or how our guys would tackle a qb.

Then on the brady fumble it looked like the guy was giving some extra-curricular torque to brady's rt knee and that was when the ball came out.

Just wondering if anyone else thought they saw it that way too; or it's just my homer-conspiracy mind at work.

They probably were, but I'm glad that Brady is no longer worried about it. The first couple of seasons after that injury, I could tell that he was worried. He isn't worried about it anymore and that's a good thing. Desperate teams will do dirty ***** to win sometimes. It doesn't always work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes