PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're done, stick a fork in us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just the facts Jack. Wish they were different but all the wishing in the world won't change things.

You wouldn't know FACTS if they came up and beat you to bloody pulp with a 2x4.

You know, I often wonder why Boston sports fans get such a bad press in your country, I see themcriticised on various different shows and by various different articles. Even one of the Brit guys on TV over here often lays into Pats fans.

Then I see posts like the initial one in this thread, and everything becomes clearer.
Would you have us judge all fans of your home soccer team by the acts of one or two loudmouths whose goal is simply to cause a fuss?

Anyway, this guy is not a Pats fan. There is a group of people who are afraid to say what team they are a fan of, and come here pretending to be Pats fans so they can say, "We are doomed" instead of "you are doomed." Somehow they think that people will take them seriously. Obviously no one does. The problem lies in allowing them to stick around, but the site owner is a fine and gently person, much more noble than I, and is extremely tolerant. When you think of Boston sports fans, think of Ian, not the guy who started this thread.

Last edited:
My ignore list is getting quite full.

Would you have us judge all fans of your home soccer team by the acts of one or two loudmouths whose goal is simply to cause a fuss?

Anyway, this guy is not a Pats fan. There is a group of people who are afraid to say what team they are a fan of, and come here pretending to be Pats fans so they can say, "We are doomed" instead of "you are doomed." Somehow they think that people will take them seriously. Obviously no one does. The problem lies in allowing them to stick around, but the site owner is a fine and gently person, much more noble than I, and is extremely tolerant. When you think of Boston sports fans, think of Ian, not the guy who started this thread.

oh boy here we go with the "anyone that criticizes the pats is a poser" BS. thats been thoroughly debunked countless times. being a realist is not posing, it's calling it like it is.

wow. i think we all realize that is sucks for the pats, for Brady, for the fans but come on. why don't you act like a man. I'm not done and the pats are not done.
"hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."

Being a fan should never be confused with being honest. As of now we're officially a rebuilding team. We have holes all over the defense, we need a real RB and we may need a QB depending on Brady's rehab. But just like when I called it 2 years ago Maroney wasn't the quality RB we need and had to be replaced, I received a ton of grief. But now of course everyone realizes this and the coaches are clearly trying to upgrade. So fine vent on me all you cuz u don't like what I say. But don't confuse that with "fan" status. If calling out a team our player for lacking meant you're not a supporter, then every coach in the league at one time or another doesn't support their team. Think about it

You wouldn't know honesty if it came up and beat you to a pulp. Just like you wouldn't know facts.

You were WRONG on Maroney. Just like you are WRONG now.

oh boy here we go with the "anyone that criticizes the pats is a poser" BS. thats been thoroughly debunked countless times. being a realist is not posing, it's calling it like it is.

No. Here goes the "Real fans are sick and tired of garbage turds like NTC and NSA and other bandwagoners spewing their idiocy on the boards."

You aren't and never have been a realist. A liar, yes. A moron, most definitely. Someone who has to spew garbage because you can't get attention any other way? 100% truth.

>>>"I don't like our RBs <----- FACT"

It may be a fact that you don't LIKE them, but that's your OPINION.
Realistic criticism is accepted but anybody who claims the defense is getting older without looking at the draft and FA pickups is either ignorant of the facts, naive or not a fan. That's not an ad hominum attack just as you posted, a statement of fact.

I think a real fan notices other teams have problems too.

I think a real fan probably isn't expecting a super bowl, but thinks this team may do something.

Look, I'm as down as anyone. This sucks. This really sucks. This team would have probably been the best team by far in the AFC with Brady. That said, if the defense is much improved I don't see why we can't do something. If Cassel can manage a game and not turn the ball over he certainly has the tools around him. He damn sure has the defense to help him out.

Look at the Jags and Steelers of years past. One of those teams won the super bowl. Why? Strong running game, good defense and a QB who doesn't **** up. Hell look at the Giants. Eli Manning is a very mediocre QB yet they beat the best Pats team ever. Why? Tough defense, good running game and a good defense. This team still has a chance.

Brady made them the best, without him they're a good team, just not a great team. I'm not expecting much more than a playoff run but damn I'm not that hopeless. Wouldn't that say something if everything fell apart all because of one players? I think this team is stronger than that, we'll see.

I'm curious, Newton Tom Cat, do you consider yourself a Patriots' fan? What do you think it means to be a fan? I think it's to delight in the team's success, suffer when it fails, and hope for the best, no matter what. This requires commitment. It requires loyalty. It requires at least some confidence that you never know who's going to step up or how it's all going to turn out.

We've been hurt by Brady's injury, but we've also been handed an opportunity for heroics by others. We've been handed an opportunity, as fans, to see that the Patriots are not just number 12, however great he may be. They are a team and they are still capable of great things. And I suspect there will be no more talk of Superbowl hangover.

Your "glass is half empty" attitude is not only a downer for other fans, there's a significant chance that you're outright wrong. I will consider every Patriot victory proof that you don't know what you're talking about. We've already proved that whatever you are, you're not a fan.

This is the part of hte thread where as a moderator, I should remind poster to be civil to the OP and to stop name calling.

I really have to go now.

- We have a great WR (Moss) and a very good situational WR and return man (Welker)
- I don't like our RBs
- We have a good TE (Watson)
- Our QB is unproven and his only memorable appearance was getting a quick hook after nearly blowing a big lead against Miami last year when spelling Brady
- We have an Oline that seems to be getting weaker (wasted in Super Bowl, allowed season ending hit on Brady)
- We have an aging defense that let them down big time in the Super Bowl and AFC Championship 2 years ago
- Our kicking games are adequate, but nothing special
- We have excellent coaches however they are targets for the league and media

Oh well, at least we have the Red Sox and Celtics.

WR - I wouldn't call Welker a "situational WR". I'll bet every team in the league would like to have him as a starter. Gaffney is pretty good too... he beat out Stallworth last year.
RB - You don't like our RBs? I think we have great RBs! We don't have one LDT... I guess that's why you don't like them, but as a whole, it is a strong group IMO.
TE - I think Watson and Thomas are good
QB - I am not happy either. Injuries happen though.
Oline - Weak argument. They were outschemed and overpowered in one game last year. Unfortunately it was the SB. The injury to Brady was by a player who was assigned to be picked up by Morris... who did a pretty decent job, but the guy got close enough to hurt Tom.
Aging defense? What a moronic statement!!! We are a lot younger on defense than last year.
I noticed you failed to break down the D like you did the O, probably because it doesn't help your inane chicken little post....

DLine - One of the best in the NFL. 3 first round picks that live up to their draft status and J.Green to boot.
LBs - Thomas, Bruschi, Mayo, Vrabel - a very solid group. Thomas looks very good this year and Mayo is fantastic for a rookie LB. Bruschi is getting old, but it still servicable and Vrabel is great.
CBs - Losing Asante and Gay was a loss, but O'neil looked pretty good and we drafted to YOUNG guys that look good so far. Hobbs is a solid CB, although not elite.
Safeties - Harrison, Meriweather, Sanders - nothing to scoff at.

Kicking - What is wrong here? Ghost is been pretty darn good IMO. I have never liked Hanson and even I think he has looked better than last year and is solid enough not to complain about.

I think you are just a complainer!

- We have a great WR (Moss) and a very good situational WR and return man (Welker)
- I don't like our RBs
- Our QB is unproven and his only memorable appearance was getting a quick hook after nearly blowing a big lead against Miami last year when spelling Brady
- We have an Oline that seems to be getting weaker (wasted in Super Bowl, allowed season ending hit on Brady)
- We have an aging defense that let them down big time in the Super Bowl and AFC Championship 2 years ago

he gave up ONE td while we were up by like 5....the words nearly and blowing shouldnt even be close to describing that

- I don't like our RBs

I hope to hell that you are joshing. This Patriot's team can go
one of two ways. They can give up the ghost like you have and
have a losing season or they can band together and try like hell
to get into the playoffs.
They have lost a great player for the season but still have lots
of good players on their roster. The Pats still have excellent players
like Light, Mankins, Koppen, Moss, Welker, Vrabel, Wilfork, and
numerous others. Its time for Bill Belichick and the players to
circle the wagons and prove all the critics wrong again.

You know, I often wonder why Boston sports fans get such a bad press in your country, I see themcriticised on various different shows and by various different articles. Even one of the Brit guys on TV over here often lays into Pats fans.

Then I see posts like the initial one in this thread, and everything becomes clearer.

Yah, it's what Fitzy calls "rahtaahdid".

(Apologies to the ******ed folks who read here.)

My hope is that all pseudo-fans of that ilk lose interest and we're left with real football threads.

Wow.
What a bs thread.
The op should stop confusing facts with opinions.
And by the way, in regards to our kicking game, how long was that punt by Hanson yesterday?
Yeah, I thought so.

This is the part of hte thread where as a moderator, I should remind poster to be civil to the OP and to stop name calling.

I really have to go now.

Civil would be banning the piece of turd so we wouldn't have to listen to his bandwagon garbage.

Get the hell outta here dude, don't get too hurt falling off the band wagon.

Gosh, I had that same thought when Drew Beldsoe went out hurt........exact same thought. Not that I think Cassel (or anyone else) will be close to Brady, but I feel our season is not done by any means.

I agree...but I have no reason to think Cassel can't be the next Brady.
I am not saying it will happen (miniscule chances) but Matt Cassel has the potential to continue to improve and become Tom Brady circa 2001.

Pardon my ignorance, but what do you guys mean by OP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes