PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're All Colts Fans on December 30, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colts will win win. Pagano gets his feel good return win. We get our bye.

NFL gets Luck/Manning match up.

Manning gets his "revenge" and shows the "rookie" who's boss.

We advance and meet Manning next.

NFL gets Brady/Manning match up.

Even ESPN is in on it....

It has been decided. Sit back and relax ;)

LOL. Maybe Goodell will help us. The NFL and their TV partners must be salivating over the prospect of these match-ups.

In 2001 strangely enough it was the Jets beating Oakland to help us get a first round bye. And a myriad of other games in the last couple weeks of the season went exactly as they need to. The only time I can recall we truly had good fortune depending on other teams to win.

But yes since then we've had very bad luck with this.
2002 - **** you Brett Favre
2004 - Steelers simply wouldn't lose a game down the stretch, #2 seed despite being 14-2
2008 - **** you again Brett Favre

Just thinking about that game still makes me mad. Of all the games that season, Favre picked the last one of the year to "pull a Favre"...

LOL. Maybe Goodell will help us. The NFL and their TV partners must be salivating over the prospect of these match-ups.

Follow the money and the ratings when it comes to the playoffs. That's my motto.:D

Follow the money and the ratings when it comes to the playoffs. That's my motto.:D

A NE VS Denver AFC championship game will be Goodell's dream come true. While there are other AFC teams who may think other wise. He sure don't want the Texans or Ravens anywhere near the SB (MONEY WISE). I bet he's praying for NE or Denver VS GB in the SB!

A NE VS Denver AFC championship game will be Goodell's dream come true. While there are other AFC teams who may think other wise. He sure don't want the Texans or Ravens anywhere near the SB (MONEY WISE). I bet he's praying for NE or Denver VS GB in the SB!

Texans vs Ravens AFC Championship game would stink. No Ray Lewis to help drive ratings either so you really have Generic NFL team #1 vs Generic NFL team #2. My interest factor is a 0 and I bet a lot of other people feel the same way. I would not watch and wouldn't even care who makes the Superbowl out of those 2. Even Bengals vs Colts would be better than that snooze fest to the national audience.

Texans vs Ravens AFC Championship game would stink. No Ray Lewis to help drive ratings either so you really have Generic NFL team #1 vs Generic NFL team #2. My interest factor is a 0 and I bet a lot of other people feel the same way. I would not watch and wouldn't even care who makes the Superbowl out of those 2. Even Bengals vs Colts would be better than that snooze fest to the national audience.

i can bet lewis would play in that game...he deff would

Well, this is the game to root for to get a bye

There is no way the Chiefs are going to try to get the #2 pick - the "need" the loss to secure the top pick. So I see 0% chance of the Broncos losing.

Colts fans on Sunday need to get loud!!!! I mean real loud!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just thinking about the standings; and actually I think the Dolts have A LOT to play for. Essentially, they will dictate how the playoffs shake out this weekend.

check this out: They have to be assuming that they will beat Ratbirds in rd 1 and thinking (as I think most are) that Cincy will lose to whoever is the 3 seed. That means they would have to play the 1 seed in Div round no matter what they do in wk 16.

If they lose (gm 16): that means in rd 2 (div rd) they go to Houston - a tough physical game that could be a bad matchup since they know each other well and they have the younger team / lesser D (more prone to mistakes).

BUT
If they win (gm 16):
a: they go to Den and play a lesser D; with a better QB, but overalll an O they can probably keep pace with. (80% chance of Den beating KC).

b: they go to NE and play a not so good D and a great O (20% chance of Den choking vs KC)

so the odds are IMO 80% that if they go all out in wk 16 they get a better matchup DOWN THE ROAD in the divisional round.

Meanwhile in both these options Houston is beating up on either NE or Den; so if they do beat Den or NE in Div round; the AFCCG vs Hou/Den/NE is potentially more winable than the Div game vs Houston would be.

So I think they have a solid grounds to go all out even though it wont change a thing for wk 18 WC round.

Win or lose, Indy came to play today. Hats off to them for sticking to their word! It appears right now we just have to take care of business for a first round bye!

Thank you Colts for the opportunity to earn a 1st round bye - now let's go get it.

Guess we're all back to being just Pat Fans for now, with a side of KC?

Also, how toothless do the Ravens seem and Houston isn't that far behind. Will they be able to "turn it up" for the post season (guess we don't really care :) ).

The last time a rival helped us get a bye was the Jets beating Oakland week 17 of 2001. We all know how that year ended :D Let's beat Miami and continue the script

An absolute huge departure from when Polian was GM -- who always rested his players in week 17 even when they had a first round bye -- and f'ed up their undefeated season by resting Manning in Week 16.

Houston is 0-11 in their last 11 in Indy, and one of those games was against the immortal Curtis Painter.

Awesome. I'm really happy for Pagano although it is really strange to be happy about the Colts winning.

The Giants just got knocked out, things are going really well today. Go Patriots.

What a fun team the Colts are. Much more likeable now that Forehead, Rev. Dungy and Bill PoliON are gone. That team is going to be really good for years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes