PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Werder: Resentment towards Gronk in Pats Lockerroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Pats still have a winning record ( by some margin), he'll clearly be there in full swing for the second half of the season ( and the postseason). That's what is important. It would be a shame to get this far and rush it.

Pats still have a winning record ( by some margin), he'll clearly be there in full swing for the second half of the season ( and the postseason). That's what is important. It would be a shame to get this far and rush it.

But if he looks so dominant with his arm in practice, how different is that from game day? Basically grpnk is "holding out" if this was any other player they would get lambasted.

What are the chances he plays next week or even the rest of the year if he can't play now?

I got lambasted by some posters when I said it must be frustrating for teammates who are out there playing with torn groins, hamstrings, deep thigh bruises andgronk is perfectly healthy just deciding not to play on sSunday..Brady himself has played with bruised ribs, separated shoulders, sports hernias...you can imagine he is one of those frustrated

This sounds like a derrick rose issue to me...we may not see gronk this yearbecause of whatever bad advice his agent and father are giving him

It isn't as if doctors are all saying "You are ready get out and play!" but he is saying "NO." They are recommending he not play. So this is just ridiculous...

I want them to err on the side of caution with Gronk....

If he is erring on the side of caution, that is something we should applaud and encourage, not resent.

This is just some typical SN ***** stirring.

If he is erring on the side of caution, that is something we should applaud and encourage, not resent.

The question is, at what point if ever does he return? What is going to change with his arm in a week or two weeks?

But if he looks so dominant with his arm in practice, how different is that from game day? Basically grpnk is "holding out" if this was any other player they would get lambasted.

What are the chances he plays next week or even the rest of the year if he can't play now?

I got lambasted by some posters when I said it must be frustrating for teammates who are out there playing with torn groins, hamstrings, deep thigh bruises andgronk is perfectly healthy just deciding not to play on sSunday..Brady himself has played with bruised ribs, separated shoulders, sports hernias...you can imagine he is one of those frustrated

This sounds like a derrick rose issue to me...we may not see gronk this yearbecause of whatever bad advice his agent and father are giving him

But you don't know that. You are simply stating your opinion, and that's your right. However, according to NESN, Dr James Andrews has recommended that he not play this week. The article is here:

Report: Rob Gronkowski Reccommended Not to Play Sunday Against Saints by Dr. James Andrews | New England Patriots | NESN.com

Personally, I think the whole "teammates irked at Gronk" meme is made up and just more fodder for the talk show and blog circuits. It's trolling by the media to see what kind of a storyline they can generate and keep flogging.

I'm happy to wait until Gronk is fully healthy and able to play. We'll need him in the 2nd half of the season.

You stay out as long as you need to Gronk. DO NOT trust the Patriots medical staff. They're the ones who screwed up your arm to begin with.

The question is, at what point if ever does he return? What is going to change with his arm in a week or two weeks?

Lemme guess. You're not a doctor but you stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

But if he looks so dominant with his arm in practice, how different is that from game day?

You can't be serious. You think practice with teammates vs. spontaneous game action are the same thing??

You stay out as long as you need to Gronk. DO NOT trust the Patriots medical staff. They're the ones who screwed up your arm to begin with.

Wrong.

The medical staff is incompetent is true.

However you conveniently forget his Las Vegas backwards body slams in an arm cast last February
Two parties are at fault. Gronk needs to grow up when it comes to his health.

My problem with that is, we can't be "saving him" for certain part of the season forever. He eventually is gonna have to play. And from all reports him and his camp were eyeing this week. Now that the week's here, they want to hold him off longer, despite all reports saying he's looked real good in practice .....for WEEKS! Its just getting to the point of bull**** already. There's clearly a divide between player/his camp and the team. And situations like this always end ugly.

I've said this all along, Gronk camp clearly protecting the brand, and the star of the brand is Rob, which is their right, but what they should know is gronk at his most worth when he's doing all the crazy **** off the field, but catching passes and breaking records on it.

There are people in the organization who question whether Gronkowski intends to ever play this season.

"Whatever is holding him back now isn't going to be healed in two weeks, because there's nothing wrong with the arm," the source said.

Btw this is NOT coming from the players. This is the Patriot FO namelessly sliming Gronk in the media. Nice, eh??

I'm not saying that Werder is right, but if Gronk is in practice playing full speed (big IF), then it's natural to guess that teammates might resent him not playing. Hell, I'm sure a lot of us have stories about "that one guy" on the high school football team who sat out with an injury, saving himself for hockey or whatever. It does generate resentment.

However, I think this dude is grasping at straws, taking wild guesses. Maybe he should go check and see the latest on Hernandez or something...

I am sure the players are confused because his practice sessions have looked great. I am beginning to wonder if BB puts him on IR so he doesn't become a distraction.

Has he officially been ruled out?

lol, that is kinda the point. The coaches, his teammates, the Patriots front office, etc. all feel that Gronk SHOULD be back right now, i.e. NO ONE is asking him to "rush it." Everyone feels at THIS point, that he is just being unreasonable and making this ALL ABOUT GRONK. You do realize how Belichick and Kraft feel about players who make things ALL ABOUT THEM, right?!

Has he officially been ruled out?

they don't have to rule him out officially until 3 hours prior to game time. we'll know soon enough.

Like Shmessy says, Gronk's behavior is stupid. He is cautious of coming back too soon but does handstands with a sling on his arm at the bar?

per WCCP-FM, Walt Deptula NFL podcast:

Tight end Rob Gronkowski's continued absence from the New England Patriots' lineup has escalated tension among teammates who have begun to regularly confront him about why he's not playing and left some wondering if he intends to play at all this season, according to multiple sources.

"There's a lot of resentment, and he's creating it by going out and kicking ass during the week in practice, taking a lot of hard hits, and then he decides that he doesn't want to show up on game day and help the team win," one anonymous player said.

Gronkowski is expected to miss his sixth game Sunday because of multiple offseason surgeries on his fractured left forearm. He has not been cleared by third-party physician Dr. James Andrews, whose involvement suggests trust issues exist between the team and player over his medical condition and readiness to play. The team's medical staff has cleared Gronkowski to play, but he has insisted upon obtaining clearance from Andrews before returning to the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down