PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wendel's Week 5 NFL Picks (Guaranteed 80% Accuracy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indianapolis @ Houston - Right
Tennessee @ Baltimore - Wrong
San Diego @ Miami - Wrong
Kansas City @ Carolina - Right
Washington @ Philadelphia - Wrong
Chicago @ Detroit -Right
Atlanta @ Green Bay - Right
Seattle @ NY Giants [Lock of the Week] - Right
Tampa Bay @ Denver - Right
Buffalo @ Arizona - Right
New England @ San Francisco - Wrong
Cincinnati @ Dallas - Right
Pittsburgh @ Jacksonville - TBD
Minnesota @ New Orleans - TBD

Wow, even your math is a complete disaster. 8/12 = 66.6%; if you get the two remaining games right you're at 71%. So no, you and your 'fans' can crawl off in shame, as I expected from the second you posted this.

Once again:

2543294067_00f71537b9.jpg

Ummm.... 4 losses does not get you 75%

Yeah, I think someone failed math. There were 14 games this week. He has missed 4 so far (Wendel incorrectly picked Baltimore, San Deigo, Philly, and the 49ers). So 10 for 14 is 71.4% assuming Wendel is right for the last two games of the evening. Right now 8 for 12 is 66.7%.

Nice way to inflate the averages. Getting the lock of the week right doesn't get Wendel extra percentage points.

Last edited:
I forgot the Broncos won and gave myself 9 wins instead of 8, not a math error.

Oh well, 71% is still pretty banging. You throw 10 games at me I'll get 7. That's money.

well indy screwed me, aside from that i went 10-2 in pickems, but who cares , i lost the cash bet lol

Oh well, 71% is still pretty banging. You throw 10 games at me I'll get 7. That's money.

So you guarantee 80% and then deliver 71% at best. Then you brag about it.

I've predicted 75% of today's games right today and if (When) I win my final two games, I will have finished at 79%.

Pretty awesome, my fans will take a one percent miscalculation.

In a best case scenario - you win the final 2 games - you're looking at 70% - 10 for 14

In a worst case scenario you're looking at 8 for 14 (or 1 game better than an untrained chimp) for 57%.

So basically you've got the math skills of an average 6th grader, don't have the best track record picking winners and losers, and the word "guarantee" doesn't mean what you apparently think it does.

Now this is beginning to make sense.

You don't happen to work on Wall Street, do you?

Last edited:
It's still very impressive. It's like telling you I'd hit 8/10 HR's in batting practice but ended up getting 7.

I'll be making this a weekly thread, the first guarantee was an estimate.

And again wasn't a math error, I credited myself an extra win due to mistaking the Bucs as winners.

No, again, it isn't 'banging'. You picked favorites in 10 of the 14 games. In the other 4 the spreads were 1, 2.5, 3, and 4...and in those 4 games you were 2-2. To add on to that, there were 4 games with spreads of 7 or more...you picked the favorite in all 4 and went 3-1 in those games (sole loss was SD). Take away those 'safer' type picks and you're looking at 5 out of 8. And again, if Indy loses that game (which they really should have) you'd be at 7/12 right now and 4/8 in all of the non-big spread games.

So once again, not banging, not impressive, still not 80% which you guaranteed and still an utter
2043-fail-camera.jpg

Last edited:
It's still very impressive. It's like telling you I'd hit 8/10 HR's in batting practice but ended up getting 7.

And again wasn't a math error, I credited myself an extra win due to mistaking the Bucs as winners.

You were picking straight up, not against the spread. Your total was by no means particularly impressive. Also, of note, Gunnails matched your tally. Now, run back to the Jets boards and let the adults post here.

Compared to your total of 0? I'm a prophet in this topic.

No, you're a clown on pretty much every topic I've seen you post on. And, now that you've been fully exposed, you can join the ranks of the ignored.

Many of us are still waiting for you to learn what the word "guarantee" means.

I love these two quotes:

the first guarantee was an estimate.
BWAHAHAHAHA...no comprehension whatsoever.

guarantee - something that assures a particular outcome or condition

I'm pretty sure there wasn't an assurance, and I'm pretty sure you were wrong.

Compared to your total of 0? I'm a prophet in this topic.

Again, no understanding. You started this thread making a guarantee...other people do not have to 'prove their worth' to you by doing the same. You were wrong, you were wrong by a bit (even if you win the next two games you would have needed two more wins to get your 80%) and now you're acting as though your pathetic predictions are somehow impressive? What ever happened to this:

If I'm wrong, then you mock me. If I'm right, then glory be mine.

Face it: picking straight-up NFL games doesn't take a genius...in fact, if you picked strictly favorites this week you would have the exact same 8-out-of-12 record. I mean, seriously, there is NOTHING impressive about those crappy picks or your so-called 'guarantee'.

Last edited:
Wendel if you can't out pick me, then you just plain suck.

shipment-of-fail.jpg

Go away. You know nothing.

Um - no its not.

There's no comparison between picking one of two teams - one of which MUST win and hitting home runs. If you blindly chose teams you'd have a decent chance of getting 50% right - and of course you didn't blindly choose teams - you picked many favored teams and didn't bother with acknowledging the point spread.

And don't count your chickens before they've hatched - Jags are currently losing - if you lose you're final two you're only one game better than 50% - not a big deal to crow about.

You really do work on Wall Street, don't you?

Regardless, thanks for giving every person on the Patsfans board a major superiority complex!

Last edited:
80% eh?

Don't quit your day job.

man, i cant wait for thsi guy to show up next week...

Indianapolis @ Houston - Right
Tennessee @ Baltimore - Wrong
San Diego @ Miami - Wrong
Kansas City @ Carolina - Right
Washington @ Philadelphia - Wrong
Chicago @ Detroit -Right
Atlanta @ Green Bay - Right
Seattle @ NY Giants [Lock of the Week] - Right
Tampa Bay @ Denver - Right
Buffalo @ Arizona - Right
New England @ San Francisco - Wrong
Cincinnati @ Dallas - Right
Pittsburgh @ Jacksonville - Right
Minnesota @ New Orleans - WRONG!!!

2543294067_00f71537b9.jpg

Man, got MNF wrong too. Epic Fail is just about right.

Fortunately, Wendel has SO disgraced himself here that he won't be back.

Man, got MNF wrong too. Epic Fail is just about right.

Fortunately, Wendel has SO disgraced himself here that he won't be back.

An 8-6 record is a whopping 57%. He fell just short of that guaranteed 80%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back