Welcome to PatsFans.com

Well, well, well... Moonie Times tipped off bin Laden?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Nov 13, 2008.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I read the highly inadequate 9/11 Commission Report once before, but somehow this never stuck with me the first time around. I was doing some research, reading parts of it again, and what do I find on page 127? Priceless:

During September and October, the tribals claimed to have tried at least four times to ambush Bin Ladin. Senior CIA officials doubted whether any of these ambush attempts had actually occurred. But the tribals did seem to have success in reporting where Bin Ladin was. [104]

This information was more useful than it had been in the past; since the August missile strikes, Bin Ladin had taken to moving his sleeping place fre-
    quently and unpredictably and had added new bodyguards. Worst of all, al Qaeda's senior leadership had stopped using a particular means of communication almost immediately after a leak to the Washington Times. [105] This made it much more difficult for the National Security Agency to intercept his conversations. But since the tribals seemed to know where Bin Ladin was or would be, an alternative to capturing Bin Ladin would be to mark his location and call in another round of missile strikes.​

Now, i'll be the first to admit this notion that UBL suddenly stopped using satphones because of the U.S. press is ridiculous ... But, what in the world was the Moonie Times doing printing such information? Still, you gotta love the irony in past posts like these.

Volume III, exhibit 21A of the mantra, "different when your guys do it, huh?"
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +362 / 11 / -27

Interesting post, await a rational well thought out rebuttal..
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

I just masturbated, boy we got em this time.

Will you tell Press Cover what I said, he's got me blocked again, thanks.
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

:p:trolls::scared:
  5. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

Why by doing this Moon keeps OBL alive which helps his buddy "W" keep his agenda alive. With the boogy man presance of OBL hiding and plotting.
  6. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I have it on unimpeachable authority that Osama bin Laden canceled his subscription to The Washington Times way back in the mid-80s, after the Times ran some stories on Ollie North identifying OBL as the world's Number 1 Terrorist All-Time.

But, hey, as you say, it certainly IS ridiculous to think that OBL cut his satlink tele because it was printed in the U.S. press. Much more devastating to the American psyche was the constant barrage of bad news, on-screen dead bodies and even killings of people displayed by the MSM, NY Times, WashPast, CBSNBCABC, during the Vietnam war. "Extra, extra, read all about it: 200 more Americans massacred by communist forces at Qang Tri and Khe Sahn, read all about it!!!" "And that's the way it is, I'm Walter Kronkite."

If you ever want to get into a p!ssing match over how many national security secrets the MSM has leaked over the years, then WHOOPIE!! Let's go!!! Word of caution, though: bring your raincoat.

Knowing Bill Gertz and TWT the way I do, the NSA undoubtedly knew already that bin Laden had gone off the satlink before they published. I challange anybody to read the TWT for a month and show me where they EVER even remotely compromise USA national security. Please, go ahead and show us all. PC already admits this "news" was not a factor in bin Laden's case, so.... where's the beef!!!????

Oh, that's right: there ain't none. Just hot air.

Try yoga. I'm tellin' ya, it's great for your hyperventilation problem.

:D

//
  7. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +556 / 7 / -9

That was Abu Nidal that Ollie North was worried about, genius. Don't you guys ever fact-check your rah-rah e-mails? Swear to God, it takes like 5 seconds:

U.S. Senate: Reference Home > Is it true that . . . > Oliver North

The proper historical footnote for the Reagan White House would be the identification of Al Qaeda and other mujaheddin as "like our founding fathers" and "freedom fighters."

The silly right wing on here is so reminiscent of the IngSoc party broadcasts... "We are at war with EastAsia... we have always been at war with EastAsia... Our erstwhile allies in Eurasia have achieved glorious victories all along the Malagasy Front...This just in: We are at war with Eurasia... we have always been at war with Eurasia..."
  8. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yoga: the PERFECT exercise!!!

Free Hatha Yoga Video Class - My Yoga Online TV DVD

Works for guys, too, in case that applies!!

//
  9. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

The press's job is to report the news it learns.

The Washington Post however does not have an office in the NSA. The real question here is not why did the Washington Post or Ross in the other story is publishing this info.

The question is how did they obtain it.

If an NSA or CIA personnel provides top secret info to a reporter and the reporter publishes it don't blame the newspaper, but the NSA or CIA agent has committed treason.
  10. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +556 / 7 / -9

11. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

About to say the same to you. Look yonder at the tree line: thems all blue uniforms surrounding you, Johnny Reb. And mores on the way to these parts. Best go quiet like, to keep a smidgen of dignity, at least.

//
  12. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,044 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

I remember the satphone story ... everything switched to notes by couriers ... or so they said. I still have a hard time believing OBL would be using satphones though ... the guy is too intelligent to have made such a feeble mistake. At that time they had all the GPS equipement that we had ... so they had to know the phones could be tracked.

Oh well ... I still think we could have knocked him out if we really wanted to ... there was more reasons not to kill him ... most people knew this.
  13. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +556 / 7 / -9

Yeah but the thing is, as keeps happening, you're wrong. Oliver North said nothing about OBL, he was talking about Abu Nidal.

Now y'awl Lithuanian reglars go back up north where y'all came from, ah say came from, suh, you ah on unfamiliar territory.

Oh, but on the serious side? Look it up. Or use the U.S. Senate link provided. Your most recent talking-point is yet more bullsh**.

PFnV
  14. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

just for the record, ... it's is documented, coincidence or not, that UBL and his henchmen were using satphones and did indeed stop using satphones in the week following that story...
  15. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

But the problem isn't the Washington Times.

The problem is someone in the CIA/NSA told the Washington Times that we were listening in on his calls on the statphone.

Whoever did that is guilty of treason.
  16. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Perhaps... But that's the opposite rationale Bush Leaguers levied upon the NYT and other media sources for alleged "leaks" of Bush League policy, including wire tapping and bank monitoring... To them, it was all the "media's" doing.

The thread is more about irony than anything else.
  17. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

OBL, Abu Nidal, who the hell cares. OBL still cancelled his Washington Times subscription LONG before 9/11. :rolleyes:

Someday you'll also learn the difference between BS and fillet mignon.

//
  18. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Go git 'em, cowboy!!!! :yeeha:

:yeeha: --------------------- :yeeha: ------------------ :yeeha:

//
  19. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yeah, the "irony" is that anyone would want to even try to compare a meaningless, common-knowledge statement by TWT with years and years of certifiably de-moralizing and enemy-friendly press coverage -- eh, there's another "irony" for you -- by the MSM during the Vietnam/Southeast Asia conflict.

Everyone please note that in subsequent years, after being called onto the carpet by heaven and earth, the MSM toned way down their anti-American coverages of conflicts after the Vietnam era: Grenada, Gulf War I, and Gulf War II were all substantially more "objective", though in fact the media was often kept away from shooting the gore they so love to splash on TV.

Everyone agrees: war sucks, but losing a war sucks infinitely more.

//
  20. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +362 / 11 / -27