PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Well we now have competiton for any OLB who is cut or traded

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm praying that the JETS sign my man Shawn Crable

They tend to sign someone who doesn't make the 53-man cut to "steal information". Someone should start a prediction thread.

Be careful what you wish for. Ryan has Gholston playing like he actually belongs as a DE. He could motivate Crable into the OLB the Pats thought they were drafting. Anyway, it would not cost him much to give old Shawn a good ole college try. The ratings for Hard Knocks would be through the roof -- especially in curious New England.

Gholston has played fairly well in the second string defense for the Jets. So Gholston has gone from what was supposed to a franchise type edge rusher to a back up DE who may or may not even see the field when the regular season starts. The 2008 seventh overall pick might have finally found his niche as a situational DE. Imagine what he could do with Crabel.

Looking for dribbles in the water glass...

I know I am hardly the Chicken Little that others are. I can't and won't defend the Rams game effort, but I won't go out and slash my wrists either.

Belichick will pound on the Team and all good Coaches are wont to do that, and it is all to the good. They were getting too ****y after humilating the World Champs and the NFC opponent some have designated (Lindy's Season Preview), to dethrone them.

There was little to celebrate about the Rams game, but nonetheless I will look hard at the near empty glass to point some dribbles out.

1) Ron Brace is NOT the Disgrace and Disaster some posters have said. He turned in another great game, producing one of the two sacks that the Defensive line delivered. Longshot Daryl Richard got the other. Brace also had several tackles, and seemed like the ONLY big body not blown off the LOS consistently. Run Defense is good; Pass Rush is unexpected and better.

2) Terry Wheatly has continued his resurection with another fine effort, now that he is healthy. He is looking like the CB worthy of being drafted in the second round, as he was. Incidently the three players least likely to succeed from the 2008 and 2009 drafts all turned in good games. Brace and Richard from last year and Wheatly from the year before.

3) The OLB Pass Rush produced at least three pressures; and as I recall two were sacks too, before the three yellow flags were thrown for roughing the passer.

I offer that somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but the pass rush from the OLB positions DID GET to the passer. As Belichick says "...the plays were close, but if the refs say its a penalty, then its a penalty..." I assume technique can be improved to eliminate the flags, but the fact remains the OLB pass rush pressure was there.

4) Five (would be) sacks for the night is a fine body of work. Even better is that the missing sack production from the DL returned. Do you realize that last night the DL produced half the total number accumulated for the entire 2009 season?

Ryan has Gholston playing like he actually belongs as a DE.

He could motivate Crable into the OLB the Pats thought they were drafting.

When will posts like this ever end?

Tired of reading this "Rex Ryan can turn any failed defensive player into a beast" nonsense.

Just like everyone said AD would turn into a beast once again once we cut him and Ryan signed him. Guy isn't even on an NFL team now.

Last edited:
I hate to see anyone get hurt. Hope his recovery goes well.

I don't feel bad for the rats in general though!

My thoughts exactly :)

BTW, I build some beautiful guitars!

Last edited:
Re: Looking for dribbles in the water glass...

2) Terry Wheatly has continued his resurection with another fine effort, now that he is healthy. He is looking like the CB worthy of being drafted in the second round, as he was. Incidently the three players least likely to succeed from the 2008 and 2009 drafts all turned in good games. Brace and Richard from last year and Wheatly from the year before.

Wheatley left the game with a foot injury...hopefully that doesnt stunt his obvious growth. IMO the injury didnt look good but hopefully we dodge the bullet like it appears we did with Brace but Merriweather is the one I am more concerned about as I am sure we all are and that one was has been eerily quite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back