Welcome to PatsFans.com

Well, we know who the punt return unit is

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Fencer, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Fencer

Fencer Rookie

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -13

#12 Jersey

Generally, it's a great article with punt return formation details. By Mike Reiss, of course.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2007/09/24/high_yield_returns/

I presume Mike Wright is missing from that crew, but even so there's not a lot of pass rush talent there. Thus, if they want to go for the block with much likelihood of success they have to signal it with a different personnel mix.

But of course they're going for returns instead, as a much higher-percentage play.
  2. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +582 / 6 / -9

#75 Jersey

Pierre Woods
  3. Fencer

Fencer Rookie

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -13

#12 Jersey

Yeah, I know. But still not a lot.
  4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

What I like about Belichick is he always thinks about "all three phases of the game" (offense, defense, and special teams). Special teams are just as important to a game as the offense or the defense, even though they use only a fraction of the time on the clock. Look at Devon Hester of the Bears: the guy turned the momentum of many Bears games last year; it could be argued he's just as much a factor for their success as Grossman or Urlacher. Look at Ellis Hobbs and the threat he brings. But these great return men are only as good as the guys and scheme in front of them, and BB has properly put the attention to that area that it deserves.

//