PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Well that sucked ... (i.e., Pats - Broncos post-game analysis from a Denver fan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RYObroncosfan

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Can't believe our D put up that lousy of a performance. They knew going into the game what they'd be in for and were just overmatched from the second drive.

The score didn't indicate the type of game it was...there was definitely only one point of the game where Pats fans were nervous, and that was after Thomas' 4th down and 1 catch, where we could've made it a 3 point game with over 5 to play. Other than that, we were never in the game, and we weren't on the same level the Pats were.

Having said that, while most of his passes WERE the short passes people have been saying, I hope you guys see that Peyton is fine. Hopefully he gets some arm strength back as the season continues, but I have no doubt in my mind that he's enough to get this team to the playoffs. We play San Diego on Monday night and then the schedule gets immensely easier.

I predicted a Broncos win, but I also said going into the season I expected them to be 2-3 after 5 weeks, so at least I got something right. If I'm a Pats fan, I'm more excited to see the running game put up 150+ yards each week then I'd be to see Brady put up 300+. If that stays consistent, it's going to take one hell of a defense to beat the Pats this year, which makes me think you guys have your best shot of a championship since...well, I honestly think this might be the best offensive attack you've had, considering the record breaking year was much more one dimensional.

I think we'll make the playoffs, and usually I'd say I hope we meet again, but that's probably the last thing I'd want. If we make the playoffs, I want someone to knock you guys out first, because we certainly can't beat you.

Best of luck the rest of the (regular) season. :rocker:

re: Well that sucked ... (i.e., Pats - Broncos post-game analysis from a Denver fan)

The hyper drive offense is what threw the Broncos out of whack....Manning is still Manning...the Broncos are a playoff team. As we all have seen, it's anybody's game in the playoffs. Thanx for your input , as usual.

re: Well that sucked ... (i.e., Pats - Broncos post-game analysis from a Denver fan)

You're right. The final score didn't indicate what type of game it was.

Interestingly the O looked great w/o AH and the D w/o DH. I actually think the Pats can get better.

Last edited:

The hyper drive offense is what threw the Broncos out of whack....Manning is still Manning...the Broncos are a playoff team. As we all have seen, it's anybody's game in the playoffs. Thanx for your input , as usual.

Take a look at the results of the last three games vs Denver...its more then just the hyperdrive O. That said Peyton still has it as I expected and that team will get better as the year goes on.

What sucked? It was fun for me :cool:

Heh, you're a good sport and a class act. Best wishes to your team until we meet again

Glad that game was in NE, not sure the Pats could have put up that pace in Denver.

What sucked? It was fun for me :cool:

Heh, you're a good sport and a class act. Best wishes to your team until we meet again

Ha ha. Fooled me completely. I was sure that was a new style Pats "fan" disgusted that we won by less than 100 points and our D didn't pitch a shutout.

I'm waiting for the inevitable signing of Earthwind Moreland since we don't seem to have anyone in our secondary who can play at all.

That Von Miller guys is pretty good.

Not for nothing but...Anyone notice that our D went flat the second our offense couldn't stay on the field?

Completely overmatched D, or a little tired?

I think this defense played OK given the cirumstances and I actually think we have more potential on the defensive side then we've had in quite some time. Haven't our best friends from New York proven to us it's not about the secondary, it's about whats up front? Just my 2 cents.

Can't believe our D put up that lousy of a performance. They knew going into the game what they'd be in for and were just overmatched from the second drive.

The score didn't indicate the type of game it was...there was definitely only one point of the game where Pats fans were nervous, and that was after Thomas' 4th down and 1 catch, where we could've made it a 3 point game with over 5 to play. Other than that, we were never in the game, and we weren't on the same level the Pats were.

Having said that, while most of his passes WERE the short passes people have been saying, I hope you guys see that Peyton is fine. Hopefully he gets some arm strength back as the season continues, but I have no doubt in my mind that he's enough to get this team to the playoffs. We play San Diego on Monday night and then the schedule gets immensely easier.

I predicted a Broncos win, but I also said going into the season I expected them to be 2-3 after 5 weeks, so at least I got something right. If I'm a Pats fan, I'm more excited to see the running game put up 150+ yards each week then I'd be to see Brady put up 300+. If that stays consistent, it's going to take one hell of a defense to beat the Pats this year, which makes me think you guys have your best shot of a championship since...well, I honestly think this might be the best offensive attack you've had, considering the record breaking year was much more one dimensional.

I think we'll make the playoffs, and usually I'd say I hope we meet again, but that's probably the last thing I'd want. If we make the playoffs, I want someone to knock you guys out first, because we certainly can't beat you.

I agree with you. The Broncos will be in the playoffs, and FWIW in one of my fantasy leagues I just traded RG3 for Peyton. He's close enough to 100% that he's one of the top QBs in the league.

Best of luck the rest of the way for your Denver Broncos. Peyton Manning still looks sharp.

By the way, the Broncos need to beat the Ravens later this year. ;)

That Von Miller guys is pretty good.

Von Miller is a efffffing beast ... seemed like he kept them in the game.. He almost had a pic too ..

Take a look at the results of the last three games vs Denver...its more then just the hyperdrive O. That said Peyton still has it as I expected and that team will get better as the year goes on.

Well that was the reason I thought we stood a chance...we got torn apart last year, but I figured that had more to do with an absolutely unproductive offense. If we can't score, and you know we can't score, it gives you more room to take chances.

Turns out our defense just can't stop that period.

RYObroncosfan, keep your head up, that's one helluva team you have there, and the Broncos definitely put a scare into the Pats. I've always liked the Broncos going back to the Elway days (except in the 1986 playoffs when Denver beat us, and also 19 years later in the 2005 playoffs). I was at my first Patriot's game in 28 years, and I was nervous as hell when it was 31-21. You have some amazing players, Vonn Miller, Demaryous Thomas, Elvis, Peyton, just a good group of talent. You guys will be dangerous this year, Peyton looks great. That team scares me. Best of luck for the rest of the year.

I came across this yesterday and thought it wasn't worth starting a new thread, but was still worth sharing. Since we're talking with Bronco fans this seem like the right place.

A little snarky at times - it's almost as if he was disappointed that Pats fans didn't pick a fight with him - but it's interesting to get the perspective from someone on the outside looking in (even though he loses points for feeling compelled to throw in an obligatory 'Belicheat' comment in the column).

Mile High Sports | Fan blog from Foxboro: Patriots fans aren’t so bad

I’d love to tell a story about them throwing beer bottles and death threats, but there was a respect for the Broncos that I didn’t know existed outside of Denver. The second half was a downer all and all, but the Patriots fans were worried, because they had seen this show before, reminding me that Manning once came back from 27-0 in a playoff game to beat them on this very field.

Last edited:

reminding me that Manning once came back from 27-0 in a playoff game to beat them on this very field.

My memory is crap, but I can't for the life of me remember something even close to this happening. The closest I can think of was coming back down 21-6 at home.

that was after Thomas' 4th down and 1 catch

Having said that, while most of his passes WERE the short passes people have been saying, I hope you guys see that Peyton is fine.

Not sure how you can see that Thomas pass and his other deep throws and not see that there is an issue. The only reason why that Thomas pass was complete was because the ball was almost going end-over-end and came up about 10 yards short of the target. It was so short that Thomas had stop, come back and still go to the ground to make the catch.

And please don't join the mediots in saying that was an intentional back-shoulder pass. Nobody throws a back-shoulder fade 30+ yards downfield. It has become such a joke that every woefully short downfield pass that happens to be complete is a masterful example of precision passing.

I don't think his arm strength is the issue. The issue seems to be with his ability to spin the ball. Looks OK when he is on top of the ball on short throws. As soon as the release point is higher/earlier to get the ball with any kind of arc, it loses any semblance of a spiral. If I had to guess, I would say it is more associated with grip strength.

The first deep pass to Thomas looked like a punt and the last one looked like a shanked punt. Aside from the upcoming SD game and maybe the Carolina game, the weather is only going to get worse from what he saw Sunday (which wasn't too bad). Not saying Manning can't improve this over time, but if it doesn't get better there are still a handful of potential losses on their schedule...and they can really only afford 3-4 more and still make the playoffs.

And going from a Tebow playoff team to a Manning non-qualifier probably wasn't the plan.

EXXXXXCELLENT post by the OP. Congrats on landing Peyton -- he is nowhere NEAR "done." I think the Broncos are a team to worry about over the next few years. Thanks for being classy enough to come back. Hope you stay -- we need guys like you from other teams.

My memory is crap, but I can't for the life of me remember something even close to this happening. The closest I can think of was coming back down 21-6 at home.

It's the proverbial fish tale, where the size of the fish grows each and every time the story is re-told.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes