Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Jacoby Brissett on signing his rookie deal: ‘It’ll get done’

If this drags on at all it doesn't make this kid look like the leader he supposedly wants to be, especially with all the other rookies signed. It's not like he was a first-rounder, let alone the team's first draft pick. If he really wanted to impress people he already would be under contract.

I don't see this as any indication of anything other than he chose to Rep himself so it probably takes him a little longer to understand and negotiate the fine details. He might even be waiting on some lawyer to do him a favor.

Now if it's not done by camp then you might have a point.

It's a slotted contract. There isn't much wiggle room or the like. It will get done soon.
Perhaps so, but being a QB shines a bigger spotlight on his situation. Little things like this contribute to creating an impression.

But not to early to question his leadership?
His not signing yet could be minor to completely irrelevant -- or, ultimately, a major pain in the arse. The point is that out of the gate he has left the door ajar for the latter. Being the only rookie to report unsigned AND being a quarterback are noteworthy. Hopefully it's over and forgotten by tomorrow.

I'm fine with him representing himself but I just hope he doesn't have a lawyer who knows nothing about NFL contracts reviewing this for him and bogging this down and he isn't trying to negotiate something that a seasoned agent would have resolved in 2 minutes

His not signing yet could be minor to completely irrelevant -- or, ultimately, a major pain in the arse. The point is that out of the gate he has left the door ajar for the latter. Being the only rookie to report unsigned AND being a quarterback are noteworthy. Hopefully it's over and forgotten by tomorrow.
Noteworthy to us sure but I doubt many in the locker room have a clue he is still unsigned so no reason to think this would affect his ability to lead. Until he misses action I think your reaching.

Jacoby Brissett on signing his rookie deal: ‘It’ll get done’

If this drags on at all it doesn't make this kid look like the leader he supposedly wants to be, especially with all the other rookies signed. It's not like he was a first-rounder, let alone the team's first draft pick. If he really wanted to impress people he already would be under contract.

On what planet does taking time to sign a contract translate into not looking like a leader to his team mates?

Maybe on unrealistic fan planet, but these guys are adults and a lot of them get that it's a business so him taking his time getting his contract worked out isn't an issue.

Doesn't matter as long as he is in with the other rookies and he is here working out.

This is a non story IMO.

Hopefully this is the last time Brisset is news on this board for at least a few years.

Perhaps so, but being a QB shines a bigger spotlight on his situation. Little things like this contribute to creating an impression.

I'm going to say this very clearly...

they hate their third string quarterback.

NFL safety Abram Elam is advising Brissett in the proces

Same Abram Elam who played for the jests and whose brother plays for the Ravens??

On what planet does taking time to sign a contract translate into not looking like a leader to his team mates?

Maybe on unrealistic fan planet, but these guys are adults and a lot of them get that it's a business so him taking his time getting his contract worked out isn't an issue.

Yea I'd actually realistically expect it to take a bit longer for him than most because of the fact that he has no representation.

It really is very intriguing, and obviously without knowing this young man personally its impossible to make any judgements or determinations based on the fact that he didn't hire an agent for his rookie deal. That having been said, I'm going to do exactly that.... He could be a smart kid with a solid head on his shoulders and has a business acumen to him, so his rookie contract would be a great kick-starter and learning experience into that side of the business. You can't royally screw up a rookie deal with the cookie cutter contracts and rookie pay cap.

I won't hold it against him for wanting to get his deal done right from a business perspective, but I really hope he gets it done before mini-camps kick off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back