PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Well one good thing if the Patriots lose...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
No one in Boston will notice it since it will be Red Sox talk win or lose ,all week long.. I dont think the Patriots will lose, but if they do people are more concerned about the red sox, espically on a Patriots Monday on WEEI... So it may fly under the radar..

Taking everything into consideration, a "Red Sox town" or whatever, Game 7, playing a crappy opponent in Miami, just another week in the NFL grind, etc... it would be a HUGE DEAL if the Patriots lost. It would not "fly under the radar," IMO. Unfortunately for this particular argument, the point is moot, since we won't be losing any games anytime soon.

Book it.

It won't fly under the radar, but Red Sox would still get more talk, mostly because hardcore Red Sox fans like to b!tch and moan more than HC Patriots fans.

I don't care if no-one notices, a lose today would be BRUTAL. Has an 0-6 team ever beaten a 6-0 team ?

I don't care if no-one notices, a lose today would be BRUTAL. Has an 0-6 team ever beaten a 6-0 team ?

The Dolphins last year knocked off an undefeated Bears team. I think it was week six. The Fins had either 1 or no loses.

Although I think the Pats will win, they have always struggled in Miami.

The Dolphins last year knocked off an undefeated Bears team. I think it was week six. The Fins had either 1 or no loses.

Although I think the Pats will win, they have always struggled in Miami.

All fair points. We will now kick their ass by more than 2 touchdowns.

No one in Boston will notice it since it will be Red Sox talk win or lose ,all week long.. I dont think the Patriots will lose, but if they do people are more concerned about the red sox, espically on a Patriots Monday on WEEI... So it may fly under the radar..

100 percent disagree. The loss will be talked about, complained about and anger will be there.

I w3as watching the 1979 Steel Americas Games program yesterday and they were either on undefeated or one lose and lose too a 0-6 Bengals team. They turned it over 9 times that game and that helped.

Are you in denial? What Boston fan (born and bred) will not notice a loss by one of the big three? Seventh game prior to the World Series, undefeated season, or B.C. lose #2 ranking (did not play). Not today, not on my birthday.

ps. the Celts lost their first exhibition game, but they held out Pierce and Garnett.

hardcore Red Sox fans like to b!tch and moan more than HC Patriots fans.

This is actually the point of common ground for hardcore Red Sox and hardcore Patriots fans: they both love to b!tch and moan about the Red Sox. :)

Are you in denial? What Boston fan (born and bred) will not notice a loss by one of the big three? Seventh game prior to the World Series, undefeated season, or B.C. lose #2 ranking (did not play). Not today, not on my birthday.

ps. the Celts lost their first exhibition game, but they held out Pierce and Garnett.
Happy Birthday, Scout!
Hope you don't have to work or go visit someone or have to go to your inlaws or some stupid sh-t like that :mad:
Kick back, find some friends, beer, food, and a remote with new batteries. Enjoy!

Just be thankful that you have three teams to root for. I live in Los Angeles, and at this point the NFL does not exist in our city, the Dodgers are average and the Lakers are a soap opera. The only thing that save me in sports in the New England Patriots. I have been a fan since 1993. They need to saty humble, but I believe they will beat Miami.

Say what?
The thread title alone is an oxymoron :mad:

I am a die-hard Red Sox fan and a die-hard Patriots fan. If the Pats lose, I will feel very bad, but they are not in a win-or-go-home situation. A Sox loss would be devastating. A Pats loss would be depressing. Big difference.

You know, I subscribe to a couple of Sox boards and I never see posters ***** and complain about Pats fans or Pats coverage the way posters on this board ***** about Red Sox coverage.

It might be cool for Pats fans to adopt the same attitude.

I am a die-hard Red Sox fan and a die-hard Patriots fan. If the Pats lose, I will feel very bad, but they are not in a win-or-go-home situation. A Sox loss would be devastating. A Pats loss would be depressing. Big difference.

You know, I subscribe to a couple of Sox boards and I never see posters ***** and complain about Pats fans or Pats coverage the way posters on this board ***** about Red Sox coverage.

It might be cool for Pats fans to adopt the same attitude.

If you don't grasp the difference, and that statement clearly indicates you don't, there is likely no sense attempting to enlighten you as to why that is...

don't know how you can start a thread like this and call yourself a Pats fan.

that would be like saying if you lose the positive side is you get a better draft pick.

Oh Please! The Miami Dolphins this year are without Sammy Morris, Wes Welker, Chris Chambers, Randy McMichael, Joey Harrington, Kevin Carter, David Bowens, Dan Wilkinson, et cetera. My god, the Dolphins organization has gutted the offense. Cleo Lemon sucks and Ted Ginn starts at wide receiver today.

Last edited:
What is the Red sox equivalent to the Pats Fans board.

You know large, active, informative, etc? Link would be great.

Actually, the same for the Celtics and Bruins as well. Thanks.

Just be thankful that you have three teams to root for. I live in Los Angeles, and at this point the NFL does not exist in our city, the Dodgers are average and the Lakers are a soap opera. The only thing that save me in sports in the New England Patriots. I have been a fan since 1993. They need to saty humble, but I believe they will beat Miami.

I'm in L.A., too, and it's RIDICULOUS how much nonsense Laker talk spews on the airwaves, especially lately. Pathetic. Also pathetic - the fact that KCBS TV CHOSE to air SD-Oak over N.E.-Dallas. They kept telling callers it wasn't their choice, but one of the local sportstalk guys WORKS there, and he had it for a fact that it was up the local station and they picked the game that WASN'T the highest-rated regular season game on CBS in 15 years. Tools.

What is the Red sox equivalent to the Pats Fans board.

You know large, active, informative, etc? Link would be great.

Actually, the same for the Celtics and Bruins as well. Thanks.

www.sonsofsamhorn.net

they have separate boards for Pats, Celts, Broonz.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye