PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Well, NBC just blew their return to football

Status
Not open for further replies.

richpats

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not a Pink-hater, but that opening theme song has got to go.

I'm sure the NFL thought it was a great idea in hopes of attracting more female viewers, developing a wider audience and making more $$$ - ya know, making the viewing experience for die-hards UNBEARABLE yet again.

Why do the networks continue to shove no-talent, gansta-wannabe hoes down our ears? Today's "pop" music is a cesspool. "Pink" wouldn't know a Tight End from a Wide Receiver...or would she?

captain stone said:
Why do the networks continue to shove no-talent, gansta-wannabe hoes down our ears? Today's "pop" music is a cesspool. "Pink" wouldn't know a Tight End from a Wide Receiver...or would she?

Megadittos

You're doing better than me. I never saw her before nor knew who she was :)

Bob G

bobgeorge said:

Bob G

either ya got a few years on me or pop music's not your thing :)

pink is actually an artist that's not pure crap a la jessica simpson but before an intense primetime battle i think they could have done better

it's just a shame they feel the need to make everything so "hip" now (and I'm 26 - maybe I'm getting old)

When I heard the opening I thought "what a boring into, no way does this stand the test of time like the MNF song."

On the plus side, as huge football players zoomed past her amongst tall buildings, did I see a #12 Brady in there? Not certain, I had expected to see Payton/Eli (i.e. game-specific) figures so I was only half watching and didn't get a great look.

It could be worse, Atleast they didn't hire Paris Hilton.

That opening song is totally poor, and even more unnecessary. Dump it.

Well, it's not like they put that stuff in there to appeal to the football purists. We'll watch the game whether it's broadcast in a monotone or in anime epilepsy-vision. They put that crap in there to appeal to casual fans and domineering wives.

fnordcircle said:
Well, it's not like they put that stuff in there to appeal to the football purists. We'll watch the game whether it's broadcast in a monotone or in anime epilepsy-vision. They put that crap in there to appeal to casual fans and domineering wives.

You're preaching to the choir. Each year the league becomes more and more like a soft drink that the powers-that-be want to push into new demographics. Its frustrating that the NFL has taken fan loyalty for granted.
The flex-scheduling move was a declaration that viewers are officially more important than those who actually attend the games.

bobgeorge said:

Bob G

Thanks Bob. I thought I might be the only one out of the loop on who she was! I thought it was that blonde from Rocky IV at first. Well, like I always tell my wife, they stopped making good music around 1973. :singing:

PatsWickedPissah said:
There, that's where you lost me

Well, we all know Phil is old. I didn't even see it. That's why they invented TIVO. For pink-hating guys like me.

Whats up with the NBC pregame show they need to le Cistas run the show and get collinsworth out of there and kissing the bus's ass it's making me sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back