PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Well known cheap shot artist Kevin Mawae as new NFLPA President? - wtf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
http://community.comcast.net/comcastportal/board/message?board.id=NFL&thread.id=83545

You think the NFLPA could have picked a better player to replace Troy Vincent and one who is not known as a cheap shot artist or a guy who has perfected the chop block to a new level.

I know this sounds like a homer like attitude but a guy like Tedy Bruschi or Jarvis Green is the type of guy I would have liked to have seen represent the league's players.

What idiots who have voted or whatever it was that took Mawae up to the top of the ladder.

IMO He is a bum and far from a guy that should be looked upon as a leader of this organization.

Kevin Mawae should be NFLPA President like Charles Mansion should be US President

Last edited:
do you want a nice guy or an ass?

depends on the job. what does nflpap do?

Kevin Mawae is indeed one of the biggest, dirtiest scumbags in football. Eff him to hell.

According to NFLN three players were also elected to fill vacancies on the NFLPA executive council, one of those was Mike Vrabel.

With labor problems on the horizen it's probably a potential pain in the ass job for an active player to juggle, let Mawae do it, his team isn't going anywhere.

Titans C Kevin Mawae has been elected President of the NFL Players Association.
The 14-year veteran edged out Colts C Jeff Saturday to replace Troy Vincent, whose term expired. Broncos DB Domonique Foxworth, Saints QB Drew Brees, and Patriots LB Mike Vrabel were new additions to the executive committee.

This linked article in PFT was interesting... I'd missed that the first time around

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...e_eric_mangini_cut_me_for_spea-2.html?ref=rss

Titans C Kevin Mawae knows why he was released last year by Eric Mangini: He's outspoken and probably would've clashed with the new coach.

"The last thing you want is a guy that knows all the rules in there and I definitely would've been one of the guys to call him out on it," Mawae, formerly the Jets' union rep, said Wednesday on a conference call. "It all boils down to accountability. You want a player to be accountable and the player wants the coaches to be accountable, and I think that may have been an issue there."

Mawae, 36, who made six Pro Bowls with the Jets, believes left guard Pete Kendall was jettisoned for the same reason.

"They wanted to get young and get guys that weren't going to speak out against the staff, and obviously Pete didn't fit that mold," said Mawae, adding that he's heard second-hand that certain veterans on the Jets are unhappy under Mangini.

Not that I'm surprised there's dissent against MangIdiot.

Last edited:
Specialty taught to youngsters on Day 1 at the Kevin Mawae Summer Football Camp: After blocking against your defensive lineman, now dive to the ground, and proceed to roll into your targeted opponent (Richard Seymour etc. or QB), making sure to start the low hit just below his knees, with your shoulders inwardly crunching his calf and ankle areas until you the tearing of ligaments or snapping of bones.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back