PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Well it's official Chip Kelly has definitely lost his mind. Guess who he worked out?

Apparently there's a backstory to that, but, yeah, Philly fans are up—er, down—there with JEST fans.

+1

tonyluke.jpg

actual Iggles fan, although you could be forgiven for thinking he's a Jets fan.

Good for Tebow! I'm personally rooting for the guy to succeed.

I'm tired of seeing A holes like Ray Lewis and Warren Sapp get celebrated, and also seeing guys like Rice, Peterson and Hardy get second chances. Meanwhile Tebow the hated/controversial one? Messed up society I'll tell you...

If Tebow really did fix his mechanics, he could be a legit starting QB in the NFL.

Keywords: if, could

Chip will have his pick of college jobs(with higher pay) if this whole thing blows up. Win win situation

My dream is to be a big Hollywood star with the looks of a Robert Redford....

so far, no luck....:(:(:(:(

Stop hanging out with warren sapp and save your money for plastic surgery :p

I hope they sign him just to see the next video of that fat dude that is freaking out on youtube over chip kelly moves.

Seriously, it's interesting to see Chip Kelly giving a big middle finger to the common thinking and cliches, I appreciate that. If is gonna work or not it's a different thing. I just don't get the Bradford move, Foles is much better to run that fast offense and he is a better as a quarterback as a whole, not to mention the health related issue. I get they moved up 10 spots on the draft, but they inherited a big contract too...

We talking about religion in here yet?

Great, another Tebow debate. I'm sure it'll be as productive as the last 327 times his name has come up on this board.

Good for Tebow! I'm personally rooting for the guy to succeed.

I'm tired of seeing A holes like Ray Lewis and Warren Sapp get celebrated, and also seeing guys like Rice, Peterson and Hardy get second chances. Meanwhile Tebow the hated/controversial one? Messed up society I'll tell you...

Except that Tebow is actually incredibly selfish with how he handled and put his persona and religion before his teammates.

Why is it acceptable to be a distraction to your team in the name of religion but not in the name of strip clubs and partying? Perception.

This is the only post I'll be making in this thread.

I'd like to see him back. All he did was win and do it in an entertaining way. I'm not big on the Christian thing but who cares?

The Patriots were the last team Tebow was a part of, which sucked for us because the Tebowmania migration that went from Denver to the Jets finally ended up here and never moved on.

I seriously hope he signs with one last team just to clear the last of them out.

Also lol @ the thought of Tebow fans and Eagle fans in the same stadium. Watch out for batteries.

Agreed. I am a Christ-follower, and I tire of these name-calling antics. My side of the aisle is often lectured on "leaving (your)faith off this forum"...but points-of-view caricaturing my faith seem to be all the rage. Oy.

If Tebow wasn't so vocal about his religion, other people wouldn't be so vocal about his religion. Wilfork is Christian, but do people ever bring it up? No. Because he isn't annoying about it.

Many people here are Christians. Many think it is an unbelievable fairy tale promulgated by superstitious goatherders 2000 years ago. It is best to leave it out of this site, but Tebow is a lightning rod of his own invention, so it makes little sense to complain when people react to that.

If Richard Dawkins played football, we would suffer here through a bunch of comments about his atheism, because he's an a-hole who doesn't know how to shut up about his atheism. Tebow isn't as bad as Dawkins, but you get my drift.

Last edited:
We talking about religion in here yet?

I actually quoted a verse, but figured it's mention of "Eagles" would get a laugh and not make anyone uncomfortable.

Another thread has Arron Rodgers stating God is not concerned about who wins....Tom Landry said he prayed for his team to do it's best (job? :D) - not to win. Cold hard football fact: on any given Sunday, half the teams lose. ;)

I see this as can Tebow ever play in the NFL? He should be grateful he can fall back on a sports media job. I see Tebow like Kurt Warner, but Kurt did not have this level of controversy because he could play. So it's really can Tebow ever be an NFL QB?

Last edited:
If Richard Dawkins played football, we would suffer here through a bunch of comments about his atheism, because he's an a-hole who doesn't know how to shut up about his atheism. Tebow isn't as bad as Dawkins, but you get my drift.
You make a good point - what if the late Pat Tillman was that outspoken about his disbelief? I still respect Tillman's play in the NFL and his service as an Army Ranger, paying the ultimate price.

I'm cheering for Tebow just because I'm very curious to see his mechanics now, and if he isn't signed, we'll probably never know.

I can't think of a good reason not to work him out. His mechanics probably haven't been fixed, but there's no cost to giving the guy a workout. If he can actually throw the ball even fairly effectively, he could be a really good fit in Chip's offense.

Pats proshop still selling Tebow stuff. I could see the Eagles making a mint off of merchandise and then cutting him after the final preseason game.

http://proshop.patriots.com/search/?string=Tebow

Any one see the movie Invincible? Maybe Tebow's signing has to do with the director making a sequel. Tebow-errable.

Tebow won a decent amount of games in Denver, including a first round playoff game, something that seems to have alluded his replacement in Denver. IF you want to change your offense you can be successful with him. He could run Kelly's offense.

He didn't have a prayer (pun intended) of making the Pats. For the life of me, I still can not comprehend (other than the owner is a non-Christian) why the Jaguars didn't sign him. Even if he stunk, they would have sold out ever single home game, and every jean short wearing mullet head in Florida would have purchased a Jaguars Tebow jersey.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back