Welcome to PatsFans.com

Well I like the (R) Candidates

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by BelichickFan, Jan 10, 2008.

1. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +397 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Paul's a joker, he reminds me of a better Stockdale, Perot's running mate. And Huckabee is too hayseed, smiley boy for me.

But Thompson, Romney, McCain, Giuliani, I like them all. Not all their policies but they're grown ups, well thought, well spoken and would make strong representatives for the country. I think they're a stronger group than the Dems. Obama has almost no resume, Hillary is a yeller who thinks she can marry into the presidency. And Edwards is a one trick pony.

Aside from issues, watching the Republican debate they look like the stronger, more experienced and more capable group to me.
  2. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

My instincts are telling me The next president is Democrat .The last 8 years with the Rep. were a bumpy ride for many.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  3. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Hillary will beat Romney in November.

I don't like any of the candidates out there except for Ron Paul, who is the only candidate I've donated money to.
  4. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Yep , obama or clinton will be the next president . America wants a change , because of many reasons , it will be a 'PUNISHMENT VOTE'.
  5. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +397 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I don't know if he had a bad night but he looked bad in this debate. The time when his answer suggested what the others said was 180 off reality and he said he couldn't hear anything - that was darn near Stockdale-esque.
  6. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +397 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

You're probably right. I was really just saying that while most say it's a strong (D) field and a lousy (R) field, I feel the opposite and was largely impressed tonight even though there isn't a single (R) candidate I'm truly with on the issues.
  7. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

Paul is goner now that his bizarre and racist newsletters are public:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/10/paul.newsletters/index.html?section=cnn_topstories&eref=yahoo

Thank you Ron Paul for reminding people that American Libertarianism tends to attract bigots.

Giuliani in drag, using city services to conceal his affair, telling the media before his wife that he was divorcing her, flipflopping to the right to pander to the religious conservatives.

Romney is Mr. FlipFlop. He lied to get elected in Massachusetts and is probably lying now to pander to the right. He's well polished, but overly so, like the stereotype used car salesman. He' a lightweight.

Thompson is downright lazy, has done a minimum amount of campaigning, and probably would be the same in the general election. Plus he looks even older than McCain. Also, like McCain, he has a trophy wife, something that I think won't sit well if Clinton is the opponent.

McCain is old, the famous hug with Bush is embarrassing, his reputation is swearing and losing his cool is well documented, but he's one I could tolerate.

Huckabee is a bit of a nut. Though pretty good on poverty issues, his belief in Creationism makes him a throwback to another era, and he apparently has no interest in the separation of church and state. Also, check this out from a nice conservative source:

http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=12205
  8. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +397 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Well, as I said, I think they're a good group. You want to throw names out well Hillary is a shrill, pandering flip flopper herself who will change with every poll. And Obama has almost no resume.
  9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +379 / 4 / -2

:rofl:

NEM, you need to stay out of the Arizona sun bud. ;)
  10. Real World

Ratings:
    +379 / 4 / -2

....and Obama is a kid, Hillary is underqualified, and Edwards is an ambulance chasing hypocrite fraud. Wow, wait, I just realized all the candidates have flaws? :eek: Oh my goodness!
  11. mtbykr

mtbykr Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#37 Jersey

So by your standards:

12. Real World

Ratings:
    +379 / 4 / -2

I'm sure NEM would be singing the same tune if we were talking about Barbara or Laura Bush.
  13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Bigot? Are you calling me a bigot? Are you some kind of idiot?
    Is it some kind of trait in partisan as-holes, Democrat liberals or Republican neocons, that makes them say things without thinking about insulting people whose intentions are for the betterment of people but with whose tactics they disagree with? Fakrissakes, people would be listened to more openly if they didn't make broad generalizations about "groups" and we might be able to have a decent discussion!:mad:
  14. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

People said John F. Kennedy would be obligated to the Catholic Church, and that turned out to be not true. By a long shot.

//
  15. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +397 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

In case you haven't caught on yet, Patters is a total hypocrite. He says we can't insult each other but thinks nothing of calling large groups of people bigots. He is a smart guy and probably well intentioned but he is so full of hate that he can't help himself. The last thing a Libertarian is is a bigot - Libertarians are live and let live people - do what the hell you want as long as you don't step on the rights of others.

Patters - Libertarians have no problem with gays, it's OK to not hate them. Live and let live, remember ?
  16. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

That's the problem he has. The gay issue. Libertarians see gay marriage as a non-issue, meaning that the government has no business regulating personal relationships and therefor should have no input on marriage between anyone, gay or strait. So by not having a position in the context of the present condition of the government being in the shirts of every citizen, Libertarians are comitting some sort of "sin of omission" by saying, ironically, "live and let live". Too bad Patters happens to be the variety of citizen who believes the government should be involved in everything! Kinda stuck there, huh.
  17. Real World

Ratings:
    +379 / 4 / -2

Hey, don't chastize Patters like that. Don't you know he comes from that debate and discussion, (in)tolerance preaching party, that accepts all colors & creeds, and doesn't stereotype. Haven't you read the memo or mission statement? :D

Here's a beaut from Chris Todd about last night's debate. This just goes to show you how banana brained this country is, and how institutionalized we've become. Remember, this guy is the lead political analyst for one of the biggest news outlets in the world, NBC. Anyone who watched the debate, like I did, clearly saw both the candidates, and moderators, gang up on him, and try to paint him as some crazy wierdo who's somewhere in space. I absolutely loved it when he said "I'm the most conservative person up here...." and went into a bit about why. In this country, both the sheep, and the press, look at anything outside of the establishment, and status quo as loony. It's truly tragic how moronic the public has become.

And then there's Ron Paul... why didn't Fox stick to its guns and keep him out. He was a distraction for a good portion of the debate and took away from the candidates who have a real shot at the nomination.
  18. Real World

Ratings:
    +379 / 4 / -2

Are you saying that Patters is ultimately a "you're either with us, or against us" type on issues affecting gays? No way! :D
  19. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +649 / 5 / -14

#61 Jersey

I agree 100 percent.
  20. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Al Gore?
    The same Al Gore that lost to the cognitively challenged traitor that anyone else but John Kerry could have beaten?