PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Well, I just had a little one-on-one with Calvin Lowry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chunkypony

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Calvin Lowry, DB, Penn State.

I just saw him down in the dining commons, and he was wearing the sweatshirt they gave him at the combine ("DB29", with "Lowry 29 " on the back). I asked him if he had interviewed with the Patriots, and he said no. What struck me about him was the fact that I was taller than him (I'm about 6'1, 6'2). He is definetly a smaller DB, which is what BB usually drafts for (in recent history), but from the way he was watching the girls go by and half listening to what I had to say, he doesn't have the best character perhaps. I would say he isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. Or maybe he is, and I should be looking at the girls too....

chunkyponyTE82 said:
Calvin Lowry, DB, Penn State.

I just saw him down in the dining commons, and he was wearing the sweatshirt they gave him at the combine ("DB29", with "Lowry 29 " on the back). I asked him if he had interviewed with the Patriots, and he said no. What struck me about him was the fact that I was taller than him (I'm about 6'1, 6'2). He is definetly a smaller DB, which is what BB usually drafts for (in recent history), but from the way he was watching the girls go by and half listening to what I had to say, he doesn't have the best character perhaps. I would say he isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. Or maybe he is, and I should be looking at the girls too....
From what I have heard see about him, I would think he would be a good late round pick here...any other football players you see there?? Zemaitis??

Yea, I've seen Zemaitis once or twice, but havent spoke to him. I saw Robinson the other day, but he was surrounded by people. I wanted to talk to him about what position he REALLY wanted to play in the NFL, but I couldn't get close enough. Hali is the other guy I've been looking around for, but I've heard he's a bit of a recluse, which may or may not be a good thing as far as his NFL career goes.

chunkyponyTE82 said:
maybe he is, and I should be looking at the girls too....
Too receive such enlightenment so young, you are blessed...:eat3:

I certainly hope you are soaking up more than some of those guys on the football team (e.g. Zemaitis got a 9 on his Wonderlic, Lowry got a 14, and Phillips got a 15).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes