PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Well hopefully by wed or thurs we can turn on EEI

Status
Not open for further replies.
weei talks football all the time :confused: .they do a great job of talking about both.:rolleyes:

You must be listening to that "other" EEI. When you can actually hear what they are saying, the majority of time it's baseball which makes me particularly crazy when it's December and baseball is long over and they are talking about the starting rotation.:mad:

You must be listening to that "other" EEI. When you can actually hear what they are saying, the majority of time it's baseball which makes me particularly crazy when it's December and baseball is long over and they are talking about the starting rotation.:mad:
i drive for a living and i listen all day.they talk about the pats plenty.

...Manny Ramirez is one of the hardest working MLB players...

That statement is an insult to hard-working MLB players. The only thing at which Man Ram works hard is his hitting. His fielding at Fenway is average; on the road it's below average. His baserunning is a disgrace. Even his hitting skills are declining.

Read this, and enlighten yourself:
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7352692

You're welcome.

Anyone who thinks the Pats/Colts regular season game is more important than the Sox winning the FREAKING WORLD SERIES... Is not from Boston. (Not that there is anything wrong with that ;) ).

That statement is an insult to hard-working MLB players. The only thing at which Man Ram works hard is his hitting. His fielding at Fenway is average; on the road it's below average. His baserunning is a disgrace. Even his hitting skills are declining.

Read this, and enlighten yourself:
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7352692

You're welcome.

He's not a bad fielder because he doesn't work hard, he's a bad fielder because he's just not good. Plenty of guys just aren't good fielders. And he's worked hard at being OK in Fenway, which is why he can play the wall well.

The biggest knock on Manny on the field is his baserunning. Aside from an occasional lollygag, his mistakes usually come when he just F's up.

Manny Ramirez will go down as one of the greatest right handed hitters to ever play the game. His numbers, from year to year, are so consistent it's scary. Yes with Manny come some headaches, but you deal with it because he's just that good. I mean his swing is just beautiful to watch.

Anyone who thinks the Pats/Colts regular season game is more important than the Sox winning the FREAKING WORLD SERIES... Is not from Boston. (Not that there is anything wrong with that ;) ).
i coudnt agree more .:rocker:

He's not a bad fielder because he doesn't work hard, he's a bad fielder because he's just not good. Plenty of guys just aren't good fielders. And he's worked hard at being OK in Fenway, which is why he can play the wall well.

The biggest knock on Manny on the field is his baserunning. Aside from an occasional lollygag, his mistakes usually come when he just F's up.

Manny Ramirez will go down as one of the greatest right handed hitters to ever play the game. His numbers, from year to year, are so consistent it's scary. Yes with Manny come some headaches, but you deal with it because he's just that good. I mean his swing is just beautiful to watch.

If the game of baseball was just a guy swinging a bat and nothing else, you'd be right on about Ramirez. The problem is, that's all he thinks it is and it's all he cares about. The second he steps out of the batter's box, his brain -- what little of it actually exists -- goes on vacation. Sure, he's won plenty of games with his bat, but he's also cost his team games because of his childish attitude and vacant mindset. The guy never has been a team player and I've never been convinced he has a burning passion to win.

Last edited:
If the game of baseball was just a guy swinging a bat and nothing else, you'd be right on about Ramirez. The problem is, that's all he thinks it is and it's all he cares about. The second he steps out of the batter's box, his brain -- what little of it actually exists -- goes on vacation. Sure, he's won plenty of games with his bat, but he's also cost his team games because of his childish attitude and vacant mindset. The guy never has been a team player and I've never been convinced he has a burning passion to win.

I just don't think it's all that deep or complicated. I've never thought, and none of his teammates or former teammates or managers have ever said, that Manny is malicious or a team cancer. He's a space cadet, that's pretty much it.

And a "burning passion to win"? No, he probably doesn't have that, but if we're honest, most likely a lot of players don't. They just collect a check and don't live and die with each game like the fans. And anyway, the guy has been a World Series MVP, and he has at times absolutely carried the team on his back offensively, so I'll take that "burning passion" any day of the week. He is a huge reason why this team has won as much as it has. When he's not in this lineup anymore, then people will realize how huge a part of this team he was and how he's irreplaceable.

thats what you call a front runner.five years from now he will be on another band wagon.

I actually prefer rooting for underdogs. That's not quite the definition of a front-runner.

I was following the Patriots long before they started winning, and I'll follow them long after Belichick and Brady are gone.

Since baseball has almost completely lost my interest, I doubt I'll ever take up following the Yankees (or the Sox) again.

When he's not in this lineup anymore, then people will realize how huge a part of this team he was and how he's irreplaceable.

Not "he," you mean, "it." It, being, his bat. A clubhouse cancer would almost be preferable to that idiot's selfish antics. Yet his apologists and enablers (like yourself) are so mesmerized by how he swings a bat they willingly look the other way. Admit it: He's an awful baseball player/teammate and great at swinging a bat. The fact somebody like Ramirez can do what he does and get away with it because he does one thing right doesn't speak well for the organization or the sport itself.

Last edited:
As far as I know he's been well-liked by his teammates throughout his career. Lawrence Taylor never had enough respect for BB's defensive meetings to actually not sleep through them. BB got over that because Taylor produced on the field and didn't try to pull other players into his way of doing things. Look at Manny as a less violent LT.

Save time and brain cells...turn off EEI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes