PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Well hopefully by wed or thurs we can turn on EEI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Since the World Series will be over by Sun.. I hope its a sweep, since although not a big baseball fan, I could tell that the Rockies will not win a game if it goes back to Fenway... Then by wed or thurs EEI could talk about what really matters and what the biggest sporting event will be until late jan early feb... PATS VS COLTS....:rocker:

Since the World Series will be over by Sun.. I hope its a sweep, since although not a big baseball fan, I could tell that the Rockies will not win a game if it goes back to Fenway... Then by wed or thurs EEI could talk about what really matters and what the biggest sporting event will be until late jan early feb... PATS VS COLTS....:rocker:

The Red Sox need to finish them off in Colorado, get their trophy and have their parade...AND GO AWAY!! I WILL BE PISSED IF THEY DON'T SWEEP THAT PATHETIC TEAM.
IT'S FOOTBALL SEASON. :mad:

It is the World Series after all, but I hear ya.

They'll probably be into wall-to-wall hot stove talk on EEI by November 1.

I can't wait! When do pitchers and catchers report?

Another back door Red Sox thread. I admire the creativity.:D

Chill out, it is the WORLD SERIES...tune into patriots.com for crying out loud. The main focus should be on the CHAMPIONSHIP afterall....go figure. But they've still done a bit of football talk too...more then I would have thought. IT's all good.

The Red Sox need to finish them off in Colorado, get their trophy and have their parade...AND GO AWAY!! I WILL BE PISSED IF THEY DON'T SWEEP THAT PATHETIC TEAM.
IT'S FOOTBALL SEASON. :mad:
AMEN,AMEN,AMEN I'm sick of hearing about the red sox constantly on that station. All summer,and fall whenever i turned eei on it was the SOX. I gave up. Since they broadcast the games all they do is pimp them(sox) in 15 yeas of listening its never been that way. :mad:

its red sox 24/7 352 days a year, you think its going to change next week? go find yourself another station

Some of guy's are classic. Boston is a HUGE baseball town. Baseball was king until the pats started winning sb's. They are about even now I guess. To question baseball coverage in Boston when the sox are playing in the world series at Fenway is so dumb it's comical.

Last edited:
IMO its a little silly to complain that a local media outlet is covering a championship team. Even if you aren't a baseball fan you have to understand that a championship is more important than the regular season. Pats SB SHOULD take precidence over C's regular season and so forth.

Baseball was king until the pats started winning sb's.

Hockey was king until the Celtics started winning championships. Then the Celtics were king until Bird retired. Then the Red Sox got popular. Yes, baseball was always the #2 sport in Boston, but it wasn't until the past 5 years or so that its vaulted to a #1 of hysterical proportions. The big three, for the longest time, were the Bruins, Sox, and Celtics, in varying orders. Then the Patriots bumped the Bruins and Celtics out, and now you have the Celtics slinking back in. The Sox are the one constant, but baseball is horrifically boring, and while many were excited in 2004 now its just ho-hum. I'd rather see the Cubs win, to be honest. Many older Bostonians grew up Braves fans, and don't have the childhood connection to the Red Sox, too.

Hockey was king until the Celtics started winning championships. Then the Celtics were king until Bird retired. Then the Red Sox got popular. Yes, baseball was always the #2 sport in Boston, but it wasn't until the past 5 years or so that its vaulted to a #1 of hysterical proportions. The big three, for the longest time, were the Bruins, Sox, and Celtics, in varying orders. Then the Patriots bumped the Bruins and Celtics out, and now you have the Celtics slinking back in. The Sox are the one constant, but baseball is horrifically boring, and while many were excited in 2004 now its just ho-hum. I'd rather see the Cubs win, to be honest. Many older Bostonians grew up Braves fans, and don't have the childhood connection to the Red Sox, too.

There's one key element to Pats vs. Sox popularity that a lot of people fail to take note of: Many women embrace baseball because they understand it and shy away from football for the opposite reason. I hear this time and time again from women, "I'd like to get into football but I don't understand what's going on. It just looks like a bunch of players running into each other, falling down, getting up and doing it again."

If more women understood football -- which is a more inherently exciting, colorful, emotional and action-packed sport -- I'd bet they'd choose football over baseball. The NFL, the Patriots organization and fans like us can and should do a better job of educating women about football. The best female football fans are those who grew up watching the game with fathers and brothers took the time to explain what's going on.

Last edited:
If more women understood football -- which is a more inherently exciting, colorful, emotional and action-packed sport -- I'd bet they'd choose football over baseball. The NFL, the Patriots organization and fans like us can and should do a better job of educating women about football.

I think this is true. Also of note is the generational difference. For the most part, Red Sox fans (and Patriots fans, now) tend to come from younger generations, while the Celtics and Bruins are really only embraced by those who remember them in their glory days of the 60s-80s (or those with a connection to the games of hockey/basketball). Before the Patriots' success in the new millenium, most of our team's fans were those who remembered the days of Grogan, or even further back, the AFL days. The Red Sox often played second, or even third or fourth fiddle for these people, and many of the even older generations grew up Boston Braves fans and only reluctantly embraced the Red Sox after the Braves left not just Boston, but also Milwaukee.

Red Sox talk >>>> BC Eagles talk

Red Sox talk >>>> BC Eagles talk

But that was quite an impressive last-minute comeback by Matt Ryan.

Are folks so mentally impaired that they can't maintain a conversation about more than one sport at a time? There's lots of exciting stuff happening in Boston these days. It's all worth talking about.

I hear that even the local pro football team is doing well.

Last edited:
There's one key element to Pats vs. Sox popularity that a lot of people fail to take note of: Many women embrace baseball because they understand it and shy away from football for the opposite reason. I hear this time and time again from women, "I'd like to get into football but I don't understand what's going on. It just looks like a bunch of players running into each other, falling down, getting up and doing it again."

If more women understood football -- which is a more inherently exciting, colorful, emotional and action-packed sport -- I'd bet they'd choose football over baseball. The NFL, the Patriots organization and fans like us can and should do a better job of educating women about football. The best female football fans are those who grew up watching the game with fathers and brothers took the time to explain what's going on.

I think you would also have to include uniforms into the equation (women in this forum excluded). Football has the padding and more importantly, the helmet. Could you imagine Tom Brady batting in the Sox lineup?

I think you would also have to include uniforms into the equation (women in this forum excluded). Football has the padding and more importantly, the helmet. Could you imagine Tom Brady batting in the Sox lineup?

Tom Brady isn't fat enough to play baseball.

i feel your pain. IMO baseball ranks right up there with watching grass grow or paint dry. If i ever want to take a nap, I turn on a baseball game.

But you cant fault WEEI for sucking up to the legions of sox fans, it is thier revenue base. I'm curious to listen to brady, bruschi, wilfork and harrison on monday when they're sure to be flying below the local media radar at 8-0. My guess would be that they're perfectly happy to play second fiddle to the sox at this point in the season, just like '04.

oh cool, another thread whining about the Red Sox getting all the attention. It is the World Series!!!!

I swear people will always find something to complain about. Why not be happy for the city of Boston and New England in general for having a team in the World Series? That too difficult?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes