PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Well, fellas it's going to be "After Thanksgiving" very shortly....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bella*chick

Addicted to the light
Reaction score
....and we know a BB-coached team knows that "After Thanksgiving" is when we really get going. :singing:

I've certainly noticed that the early season scores of 38-14 have morphed into more of a high forties/fifties type thing. (Of course, the Colts' great effort doesn't count for purposes of this thread, I'm talking more of overall trends). I'm wondering just how much further it can go without the sensitive psyches of opposing teams and fans collectively combusting. I mean, I'm well aware we could have dropped 70 or 80 on the Bills. The irony is we completely let off the gas in the fourth quarter.

So, do we play the "perfect" game? And against whom? By perfect, I guess I mean, score a TD on every possession and also pitch a shutout. Where else is there to go from an execution standpoint?

So, do we play the "perfect" game? And against whom? By perfect, I guess I mean, score a TD on every possession and also pitch a shutout. Where else is there to go from an execution standpoint?

You just know BB is saving this coup de grace for the Jesters, you just know it ;)

You just know BB is saving this coup de grace for the Jesters, you just know it ;)

Yeah, but I think the Jets might be able to score at least a field goal. I mean, they have to KNOW they are the targets....I think they will at least try to show up. They don't have a chance in hell, but they could get a FG or two.

Yeah, but I think the Jets might be able to score at least a field goal. I mean, they have to KNOW they are the targets....I think they will at least try to show up. They don't have a chance in hell, but they could get a FG or two.

Something tells me that BB will be having the Pats practicing onside kicks between now and the Jets game.

If the Patriots win the toss in that game, it's possible the Jets won't ever see the ball. :D

stupid question coming, but does anyone else think that it would be funny if the Pats were up 50-0 at halftime, and then came out in the second half and took a knee on every play?

not only would it be hilarious, but I couldn't picture something more embarrasing for the Jets, AND the hypocritical media would definitely show its true colors by blasting Belicheck for his actions.

The Pats worst loss ever was 52 - 0 to the Dolphins during their perfect year. I'd like to see that one avenged also, especially since Shula ran his mouth a couple of weeks ago.

stupid question coming, but does anyone else think that it would be funny if the Pats were up 50-0 at halftime, and then came out in the second half and took a knee on every play?

not only would it be hilarious, but I couldn't picture something more embarrasing for the Jets, AND the hypocritical media would definitely show its true colors by blasting Belicheck for his actions.

I think that's the optimal scenario right there.

This is the scary part BB coached team do improve more over the ocurse of the season than other teams. With a completely new receiving corp this should be even more true of the O this year :eek: .

The concept of the PAts D relys on all 11 players working together to maximize the team D, The D has been improving consistently IMO. By the time of the playoffs this team will be very special IMO.

I predicted the Pats to be 17-2 before the season. I may have seriously underestimated them. :D

Honestly I would rather see a blow out of epic proportions if they make it to the Super Bowl. That would be more satisfying than blowing out the Jets.

It's actually interesting to think of this...I was reading a game thread at another team's board (the Pats/Bills game) and of course, they were screaming about our classlessness going for it on 4th down, etc. Running up the score, why don't they kick a FG, blah, blah, blah.

Then we punted from our own 31. And people thought that was classless too. That BB was smirking when he did it.

Whatever we do, the jealousy and hate is so rampant, it will never be right. I, for one, hope we score 100.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes