PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We'll be back next year and make another serious SB run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of these threads about getting rid of Welker, BB, or Brady are nuts. Next year is again set up for us to make another serious run. We'll sign some new players, resign some of our own, but the main thing is that BB and Brady are still on the team.

Resign Wes, get a legit deep threat (Brandon Lloyd sounds good), get some secondary help, and look for another pass rusher. We don't need to do anything drastic.

Losing this game sucks, but this is what sports is all about. You're gonna get kick in the nuts every now and then.

I can guarantee you that the players and coaches will take this loss with dignity, pride and character. Unfortunately, we can be pretty certain the entitled fan base will not.

I am NOT saying get rid of him. I AM saying something is in his head that needs to get out.

I think you're wrong if for no other reason than that I haven't given up on him and if you are right it would be too late, at his age, for Brady to get out of his head whatever that might be while he still has time to play at a high level.

Last edited:
Do you know the Rams only gave up a 6th rd pick for him?

We have TONS of picks and didn't offer anything better than a 6th rounder for him. What makes you think we will sign him in Free Agency?

I don't have any idea what the pats plan to do but why do you think the rams traded for him?

The New England Patriots will be back next year if the organization doesn't make bonehead maneuvers in unrestricted free agency and the draft:

Re-sign Wes Welker
Sign Brandon Lloyd
Sign Dashon Goldson

as opposed to trade for Albert Haynesworth and Chad Ochostinko.

There will be a NFL season next year, and I do believe the Patriots will field a team.

Whether we are good enough to make it back remains to be seen... These opportunities are rare, and I just can't see Brady winning the big games to get us back anymore.

It's about time Baltimore got over the hump. I can honestly say that the AFC look sparticulaly weak, and we should have an advantage to getting back to this game. I just don't count on it.

AFC East Champs. Great, we've won 9 of 11.
#1 seed. Good but we haven't won it all during the last 3 times we've had it.
AFC Champs. Haven't converted in our last two.

Next year is going to be strange. What are our realistic expectations? We can win all three of these things and in the back of our minds we'll know they might not matter in the end.

Some of these threads about getting rid of Welker, BB, or Brady are nuts. Next year is again set up for us to make another serious run. We'll sign some new players, resign some of our own, but the main thing is that BB and Brady are still on the team.

Resign Wes, get a legit deep threat (Brandon Lloyd sounds good), get some secondary help, and look for another pass rusher. We don't need to do anything drastic.

Losing this game sucks, but this is what sports is all about. You're gonna get kick in the nuts every now and then.

Einstein said that the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over again but expecting a different result.

I don't know where you've been, but we haven't stopped getting kicked in the nuts for YEARS.

Kicking Tim Tebow and the BS offense in the junk is just fine for an up and coming team like, say, the Lions. The Patriots are beyond the "Stay positive guys!" point. It's like reliving a nightmare every year. Either fantastic chokejobs all around (tonight, 42, against the Colts in 06) or not showing up when we get punched in the mouth (Jets last year, Baltimore in 09).

Their is something wrong with this team to keep blowing games in the last 2 minutes on the larger stages. Ever since that Denver game, Brady has been mediocre to bad in the playoffs with a few exceptions.

I am NOT saying get rid of him. I AM saying something is in his head that needs to get out.

If you're team makes the playoffs but don't win the SB, it's gonna feel like a kick in the nuts. We root for a team that is always going to be in contention and in the playoffs so if and when we do lose, it's always a kick in the nuts. However, I'd rather be in the playoffs and keep my hopes for winning a SB than for our team to go 5-11 or somewhere between irrelevant and the Buffalo Bills.

Next year? That is a long long long way away and you're definitely the most glass half full pats fan out there.

Let's draft perfect this time round, win our division and get No.1 seed first before thinking about another run.

Einstein said that the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over again but expecting a different result.

There's only one team that wins the Super Bowl every year. Think about that...

There's only one team that wins the Super Bowl every year. Think about that...

Yes, and the Giants know what it is...A PASS RUSHER. JPP was a huge part of this game, Brady had to be aware of him all night long. Add in the rest of that line and a decent back 7 and no wonder we lost. The Giants know they have the formula for success with that DL and know adding one or two playmakers on the backside will be enough to put them in a great position every year.

Look, I like Kyle Love and Brandon Deadrick, but liking a guy and knowing a guy is a beast that can change a game are two different things. It must be nice playing the Patriots, you know as long as you can take Wilfork out of the game you've got a pretty decent shot at keeping your QB standing the entire game. Maybe if Wilfork didn't have to work so freakin hard all year and had some help he'd make more big plays.

I am fine with the inside LB's, the CB rotation we have, and Chung. But PLEASE, get some DL men and OLB's that can make a dent in the opposing teams offensive gameplan.

It's the same story it was all year...When QB's have time to wait, route runners will find a way to get open.

Damn ******* straight!

We're the nightmare that won't go away for the rest of the AFC and much of the League.

Next year? That is a long long long way away and you're definitely the most glass half full pats fan out there.

Let's draft perfect this time round, win our division and get No.1 seed first before thinking about another run.

Yeah, the Giants have sure shown us how important that whole "No. 1 seed first" thing is. ;)

If you're team makes the playoffs but don't win the SB, it's gonna feel like a kick in the nuts. We root for a team that is always going to be in contention and in the playoffs so if and when we do lose, it's always a kick in the nuts. However, I'd rather be in the playoffs and keep my hopes for winning a SB than for our team to go 5-11 or somewhere between irrelevant and the Buffalo Bills.

You got that right!

Of course, if your team sucks you never have crushing moments of disappointment like we all experienced tonight, but rather 17 weeks of numb mediocrity. I'll take my chances with crushing disappointment any time.

been a fan since mack herron came to the pats --
i didnt think they would make the SB this season and maybe they lucked in some with the BR blown field goal-

but i think BB got everything out of this team-- really on paper this isnt an overall solid team- fill some of the many weaknesses and this team even with a 35 year old brady could be unstoppable all the way to the end--
why not try like hell to improve the weak areas and not with over the hill players

been a fan since mack herron came to the pats --
i didnt think they would make the SB this season and maybe they lucked in some with the BR blown field goal-

but i think BB got everything out of this team-- really on paper this isnt an overall solid team- fill some of the many weaknesses and this team even with a 35 year old brady could be unstoppable all the way to the end--
why not try like hell to improve the weak areas and not with over the hill players

Unless BB can major MAJOR improvements in WR, DEFENSIVE SIDE, and Playcalling, expecting a 35yr old Brady to keep chucking it 50 times a game is foolhardy. Making it to SB requires luck and breaks including injuries.

I dont know where it all went 180 degrees the other way after early part of the decade where team was built on Solid D, RB(Corey), and smart game management by Brady.......The NE "Colts" of all Offense and bunch of retreads on Defense have laid an egg in playoffs since 2007 season...

Even if we make it next year, you can bet the likes of Giants, Packers, Saints, and possibly even Lions will be the opponent, ready to carve thhis Defense.

NFL has evolved, and simply put A great Defense is one that harasses Elite QB's......look at 49ers, Giants.

Peyton, Brees and Rodgers did not win it for their teams as lone soldier....it was their defense that stepped up in the SB !

I can guarantee you that the players and coaches will take this loss with dignity, pride and character. Unfortunately, we can be pretty certain the entitled fan base will not.

Thank you, Andy. What the hell is going on around here? Some of you people need to act like adults. Dealing with disappointment is one of the key aspects of life. Of course I was upset, went outside and threw something into the ground as hard as I could. This loss will never be cool. But you build, and you don't act like a whiny baby when you don't get your way. The Giants wanted it every bit as bad as the Patriots, and sometimes the other team wins.

I know that Tom Brady and Bill Belichick only have so much time. But this is a unique group, a unique organization that has put itself in all these big games. They have been able to put themself in the position to be gutted so many times these last few years. You should be so lucky as to be able to play in a meaningful game, when you look at all the clown college organizations that are running in the NFL. I'll take losing the Super Bowl year after year over going 8-8 and living an existence without any highs or lows. They will be back next year, and I fully expect Bill Belichick, the finest coach in the history of football, to hand the NFL's greatest owner the Super Bowl Tropy while the greatest quarterback to ever play is being honored with the MVP. But that's me. I don't see why anyone would like to have it the other way.

Last edited:
Jared Allen (Minnesota is **** and is going to be for a long time), Jonathan Stewart (maybe the Pats will use the run game better if a "name" stud is in the backfield) and if push comes to shove Brandon Lloyd would be welcomed additions

Jared Allen (Minnesota is **** and is going to be for a long time), Jonathan Stewart (maybe the Pats will use the run game better if a "name" stud is in the backfield) and if push comes to shove Brandon Lloyd would be welcomed additions

I have a feeling this will be Stevan Ridley's year next season. Faulk will retire, I see BJGE signing somewhere else in a tandem role for overpriced money, that leaves Ridley, Vereen, and Woodhead.

If the Ridley that played against the Raiders and Dolphins comes out, we may have a 1400+ yard/stud back who nows. He needs to fix the fumblitis though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back