Welcome to PatsFans.com

Well, at least the party of intolerance is being consistent

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Oct 26, 2007.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

well, at least they are after being called on it...

Right Wing Enraged: Laura Bush Is A ‘Butt-Kisser’ For Wearing Headscarf In Mideast

[​IMG]
    When House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) wore a headscarf while visiting the Umayyad mosque in Damascus in April, the right wing pounced on her, attacking her as “subservient” and calling the act “disgust[ing].” Ironically, the right wing failed to note that First Lady Laura Bush had also worn a headscarf while previously visiting the al-Aqsa mosque in Jerusalem.

During a tour of the Middle East this week, Laura Bush again donned a traditional hijab given to her as a gift by a Saudi Arabian doctor. Subsequently, several progressive bloggers questioned whether similar “opprobium” would follow from the right wing this time. Now we have our answer. The conservative blogosphere has released its seething intolerance, collectively rising up to denounce Laura Bush as “Ms. Pander Clause” for wearing the head cover:

“I find the image from Saudi Arabia so disturbing. … That she would oblige her hosts by wearing a shmata on her head is a tacit endorsement of Islam’s subjugation of women.” — Weekly Standard

“This is Sheikha Laura, yesterday, in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia … Laura Bush [is] butt-kissing Saudi King Abdullah.” — Debbie Schlussel​
  2. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +91 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

Laura Bush is in the Middleast promoting treatments/awarness for Breast Cancer. I'm glad that you think that she should be publically flogged for such a heinous act. Once again, the blind hatred of the left is incredible.

You are quickly becoming the boy who cried wolf, nobody believes anything from your your left wing nut job sites, plus of course, your story is not true, it claims that she wore it "before", when exactly was "before" use some better photoshop too.
  3. FreeTedWilliams

Ratings:
    +91 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

hey, it's the conservative moderator who wouldn't acknowledge my private message! hooray!...

anyhow, what are you talking about? where did i say she should be publically flogged? i mean, do all you guys resort to creating an argument from your opponents that doesn't exist? it's baffling ... no one should be flogged for it... but, i believe the point of the post is to show the right's own intolerance and hypocrisy....

as for your final laughable claim, perhaps if you clicked the link and read the story, you'd see it referenced her previous occassion... the story IS true, not that i'll EVER expect a retraction from you...

regardless, because i aim to please, and prove deniers like you wrong, here we are... Laura in a Jerusalem mosque back in April ... or did we photoshop that one also? ya... that must be it.... lol:

[​IMG][​IMG]

heck, here's condi in 2005... not a peep from the Reich Wing blogosphere at the time, nor since...

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2007
  5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

clearly, you're either missing the point entirely, or being purposefully obtuse... my guess is the latter...

point:

1) the right went bonkers over Pelosi wearing the head scarf during her summer visit
    2) the right completely ignored the fact that Laura Bush had just returned from the middle east, having worn a head scarf on numerous occassions
    3) Laura donned the scarf again, out of respect to her HOSTS, and the right, having been reminded of their hypocrisy before, launched an attack on Laura Bush...

now, what is your point? try not to make one up this time...
  6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

so let's sum up our conservative moderator's contribution here:

1) he somehow deduces that it's in fact the LEFT who's showing blind hatred ... :confused:

2) he asserts that it's a liberal poster who wants the first lady "publically flogged" :confused:

3) a week after issuing a rather hidden warning to the thread starter about personal attacks, he makes the thread personal with an attack of his own, focusing on the poster and basically calls him a "boy"...

4) he claims the story is untrue, and suggests the photo is "altered" ... :confused:

5) he realizes it IS true, and that Mrs. Bush DID wear a headscarf in a previous Middle East visit, but instead shifts gears and pretends Mrs. Bush was visiting only the Wailing Wall and not a mosque...

6) In the height of irony, he assumes an apology is warranted from his opponent in this thread, even though his own argument has been sunk, and he himself won't acknowledge his own claims were unfounded...

7) he refuses to acknowledge the undeniable point the thread is making... :confused:

well, that's excellent...
  7. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I dont recall the right bieng "outraged" at Pelosi wearing a scarf. I think you made the whole thing up just to bash a wonderful woman like Laura Bush.
  8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

You don't? That's interesting:

HotAir: “The campaign commercial practically writes itself. Ah well. A woman must know her place when entering a mosque. … It pains the left too, I’m sure, to see the most powerful woman in America having to yield, however slightly, to a misogynistic culture’s expectations, but they can’t vent their anger at the people responsible so they’ll vent it at Charles or me or whomever instead.”

Instapundit: FEMINIST IN AMERICA, subservient in Syria.

The New Editor: “This picture disgusts me. What message is Nancy Pelosi trying to send? Are women equal to men, or not? Why is modesty foisted only upon women?”

Little Green Footballs: “Pelosi in a Hijab. The modern Democratic leadership. How … quaint.”
  9. FreeTedWilliams

Ratings:
    +91 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

When exactly has anyone quoted any of those sites as a source of news????

Where is the quote from Bush saying that? Where is the quote from Cheney? I
  10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +183 / 5 / -23

I am loosing a lot of faith in both moderators, both are caught up in their own self serving arguments and ideas, much is being ignored here.. this forum is allowing regular attacks on posters, and this will be its demise. Wake up Patters and Free Ted.. right now you look like pandering politicians. Time and time again have alerted them to personal attacks and they ignore it, it does not go away.
  11. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

HMM..when you said the right bieng "Enraged", I thought you meant actual people..not 4 internet bloggers.
  12. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

If a Muslim comes to America and enters a Catholic Church should the Muslim dip his/her hand in Holy Water and bless themselves, should the Muslim kneel and Bless themselves before sitting down in a Catholic Church.

If I am a Female Christian and I visit a Muslim Country why the hell should I be expected to wear a f-cking scarf, If I was told I have to I wouldn't go.

Was Laura Bush expected to ride in the back seat while in "Muslim Land" did she have to shovel Donkey Sh!t while she was there like most of their women have to do.

My wife wore a scarf for years, "when it rained"

:bricks:
  13. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I was going to say, who the heck are those 4 posters?

Press Coverage is grasping at anything to help his blind partisanship. His kind's whole purpose is to simply try and make the "other side" look bad rather than accentuate the positives of his party and their ideas.
  14. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Nawwwwww, You won't find credible people here linking to those sources, trying pass them off as news articles. Those sites are political news commentary sites. They are fun to read and many of us probably read sites like them every day, but they are NOT NEWS SITES, they are OPINION SITES. They just make commentary, not news. Their stories are not vetted and you cannot completely trust that anything they say to be truthful or representing the real story.

You'd have to be a complete dishonest fraud or unhinged political ideologue to link to those sites and pass them off as credible news. That goes for those sites (righty news monitors) themselves, or their lefty new monitor site counterparts, like........... oh, I don't know ThinkProgress perhaps :singing:
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2007
  15. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 4 / -2

Yeah but that's how elections are won these days. Point a finger in the other direction and yell "hey, I'm not them".
  16. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

Fun during the Golden Years
    Rectal Exams
    Falling Downstairs
    Falling Upstairs
    Heart Attacks
    Riding In Ambulances With The Siren Going
    Driving Through Store Windows
    Nose Bleeds
    Pis$ing In Your Pants
    Constipation
    Erection & Penis Disfunction
    Prostate
    Masturbational Problems
    Can No Longer Sing Well
    Sit On A Couch At A Party And Can't Get Up
    Urinate On Movie Theatre Seat
    Diarreha On Bus Seat
    Die
    :bricks:
  17. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

who said they were news? they monitor the news... hello? you're paying attention, right?

anyhow, your thinly veiled personal attacks here carry no weight... good try, though...
  18. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

You did it RIGHT HERE. By presenting it in article form, its meant to cast the same impression as it would if you were posting a news article. Which is why the proper thing to do is to preface the post by saying pointing out that its an opinion piece.

But hey, lets not harp on the negative. At least you provided a link back to the appropriate source this time and gave proper credit. It's close to a 50/50 proposition for you on your TP links. So........ well done (seriously even).
  19. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

more like 10%, and never ommitted on purpose... i think everyone knows my news monitor site of choice, especially when a headline is offered...