PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welker

Status
Not open for further replies.

puntpasskick

Rookie
Reaction score
Hello all, I am new to the forum and I am an alumni of Texas Tech in Houston. I got to witness Welker's greatness in person. I saw him break the record for most punt returns for a touchdown and dismantle defenses. I was wondering on what your fan base is expecting from Welker this season?

Hello all, I am new to the forum and I am an alumni of Texas Tech in Houston. I got to witness Welker's greatness in person. I saw him break the record for most punt returns for a touchdown and dismantle defenses. I was wondering on what your fan base is expecting from Welker this season?

possibly a lot of production out of the slot. and then punt return duties. he's expected to do pretty well

Last edited:

I expect him to lead the team in receptions, receptions for first downs, and make at least one exciting play every game.

Is he penciled in to have kick return duties as well as punt return duties?

To be a key cog in a Super Bowl Champion.

Is he penciled in to have kick return duties as well as punt return duties?

It's a little early, even for pencilling in, but the expectation is that he will at least be in the mix for punt return duties, AFAIK.

Welker is going to be huge for us - though I hope Brady doesn't look for him TOO much (a la Troy Brown in the playoffs).

Welker is going to be huge for us - though I hope Brady doesn't look for him TOO much (a la Troy Brown in the playoffs).

Well unless some other legitimate receivers emerge from training camp competition, that might just happen again. ;)

look at the draft picks they surrendered to get him and the money they committed to him and you have an idea that expectations are significant.

It's a little early, even for pencilling in, but the expectation is that he will at least be in the mix for punt return duties, AFAIK.

in the mix is the word

we rarely ever use just 1 guy. we usually have 2 PR who switch in certain situations

Welker is expected to play the slot position and handle punt return duties.
He will likely be a key, if underrated player in the Pats offense.
Most eyes wll be on Moss and Stallworth, but I think Welker will also be a contributor.

Welker and Ben Watson will benifit from the new attention going to our starting WR's. Both could catch 50 balls each.

I expect Wes to be our #2 receiver behind Reche Caldwell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing