PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welker update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welker was up before the trainers could get onto the field, thank God.

That says a lot about Wes and his conditioning.

Something better come from Goodell this week about that hit - That's the kinda reckless play that will get someone seriously injured.

I'm a Patriots Homer and a big Wes fan, but I don't care if you play for the Jets - No one should get hit like that.

Olny if that James Sanders hits half as well as that...James Sanders hits like a girl.:rolleyes:

I would love to award you the chance to test this theory first hand.

I think it was one of the Dirtiest hits I've ever seen.

Completely defenseless.
Ball was out of play.
Launched himself into Wes.
Helmet to Helmet.

If you noticed - As soon as he got hit the camera panned to Troy P. and he did the Cross on his chest thing - That's how bad it was.

The once Great Rodney Harrison made a name for himself with Hits like that. What Ryan Clark did is what Safeties are suppose to do. You all realize how Patriots receivers couldn't catch anything after that it's called FEAR. It's a shame the Patriots have a buch of pansy at their Safety positions. One who can't tackle and who's always late like a shower of rain.

I would love to award you the chance to test this theory first hand.

6'5 255 and ripped you can't touch this JSn.:cool:

The once Great Rodney Harrison made a name for himself with Hits like that. What Ryan Clark did is what Safeties are suppose to do. You all realize how Patriots receivers couldn't catch anything after that it's called FEAR. It's a shame the Patriots have a buch of pansy at their Safety positions. One who can't tackle and who's always late like a shower of rain.

Safeties are supposed to hit and launch themselves into a player coming across the middle - With no playable ball?

Seriously dude, That's possibly the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Last edited:
Safeties are supposed to hit and launch themselves into a player coming across the middle - With no playable ball?

Seriously dude, That's possibly the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Please dude if one of our Safties did that you woundn't have said anything about it. Real Safeties hit like that all the Time...just hope the Patriots find one not named Rodney Harrison who is Done!

Please dude if one of our Safties did that you woundn't have said anything about it. Real Safeties hit like that all the Time...just hope the Patriots find one not named Rodney Harrison who is Done!

Look, Like I said - "NO ONE DESERVES TO GET HIT LIKE THAT".

Please don't tell me what I would or would not say. You have no idea.

And NO, Safeties do not hit like that all the time. If they did you would have more safeties missing games and giving up paychecks than ever before and you would have a bunch of WR in the hospital.

It was a vicious hit on a helpless receiver. That's beyond dirty.

If Wes had the ball - Game on. He did not.

Look, Like I said - "NO ONE DESERVES TO GET HIT LIKE THAT".

Please don't tell me what I would or would not say. You have no idea.

And NO, Safeties do not hit like that all the time. If they did you would have more safeties missing games and giving up paychecks than ever before and you would have a bunch of WR in the hospital.

It was a vicious hit on a helpless receiver. That's beyond dirty.

If Wes had the ball - Game on. He did not.

Hey it happens but after that hit not many WR's are going over the Middle on Pittsburgh again...Ryan Clark will make sure of that. I bet in their Defensive Meeting that play is going to be played a few times for emphasis. That was a Statement Hit!

Hey it happens but after that hit not many WR's are going over the Middle on Pittsburgh again...Ryan Clark will make sure of that. I bet in their Defensive Meeting that play is going to be played a few times for emphasis. That was a Statement Hit!

It will definitely hit his Bank Statement - and if Goodell does what he should the next time someone from the Steelers does that they will be missing from the Monday morning Defensive meeting.

The statement he made was one of total stupidity. We will see tomorrow if the league offices heard it loud and clear.

This board is becoming inundated with idiotic threads...
It's not the threads, at least in this case, it's some of the posts in them. I'm interested in Welker's status; I think we all are. What is not needed are replies like "He's dead".

Vicious Tacklers Will Take Big Hit From NFL Officials - Los Angeles Times

It's against the rules to launch yourself at a receiver.

I mean, how much clearer can this be?

If one of our safeties had done it, they would have been flagged and fined.

Why?

Because it's against the rules.

6'5 255 and ripped you can't touch this JSn.:cool:

Yeah right, is that why you're playing football?

Because you can hit harder than these guys?

Please.

Because it's against the rules.

Thanks for posting that.

If I had to guess, I'd say Clark gets a $15K fine and no suspension, but, with all due respect to The Dog et al., I wouldn't mind if I were lowballing it.

Thanks for posting that.

If I had to guess, I'd say Clark gets a $15K fine and no suspension, but, with all due respect to The Dog et al., I wouldn't mind if I were lowballing it.

Agreed. If it was one of our guys I'd be worried today about the Fine/Suspension.

Agreed. If it was one of our guys I'd be worried today about the Fine/Suspension.

And, looking it up, apparently he's already been fined once this season, so I'm tempted to say it'll be $25K, but still no suspension.

And, looking it up, apparently he's already been fined once this season, so I'm tempted to say it'll be $25K, but still no suspension.

Your probably right that there won't be a suspension.

But - The deal here to me and I hope to the commissioner, is that this was a EXCEPTIONALLY vicious hit on a defenseless receiver in the middle of the field.

Again, I go back to my, "No one should get hit like that" statement and hope that the League Office makes an example of this type of play.

Welker is a special player, but I bet that 7 of 10 receivers that got hit like that would NOT have gotten up - The league can't afford that type of play.

Say what you want about making the league a wus league and the No Fun League, but I don't want Randy getting rung up with a hit like that and neither should the NFL.

It's not the threads, at least in this case, it's some of the posts in them. I'm interested in Welker's status; I think we all are. What is not needed are replies like "He's dead, Jim".

Obviously, you're not an old 60s Star Trek fan...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back