Welker Suffers Neck Injury Saturday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Welker Suffers Neck Injury Saturday Night
By: Ian Logue

The Patriots have seen their fair share of guys get banged up this preseason, however they suffered quite a setback during their game against the Lions Saturday night....

#@#%_@#T^@#T^#)@%&)@%@#T.

Get well soon, Wes. This team needs you.

do you think it is bad?

I saw his head get jammed on some dudes torso/back

did he get off ok?

It really looks like one of those things that can turn out to be worse than it actually looked when he sustained it. I really hope I'm way wrong about it. We need that tough S.O.B. on the field.

It looked like his neck was compressed on that hit which is better than it being twisted. The done was designed to compress so hopefully it's nothing more than a neck stinger.

Reiss just tweeted

Good catch, Mike. RT: @MikeGiardi: Julian Edelman left the sidelines. Docs were working on his hand and/or finger #Patriots

So Edelman got hurt as well?

fudge

Welker was the only receiver that did anything with Brady at the helm. Including tackling players after his ints

FYI Karen Guregian of the Herald Tweeted that she talked to him as he was heading out to get on the team bus, and he told her he 'was o.k.'. Hopefully it's not too serious.

Last edited:
My guess it was nothing, but the Pats would keep him in the lockerroom in a preseason game.

FYI Karen Guregian of the Herald Tweeted that she talked to him as he was heading out to get on the team bus, and he told her he 'was o.k.'. Hopefully it's not too serious.

I'm no doctor, but if it was bad enough, logic dictates he wouldn't be able to fly back to Boston and would need to stay at a hospital.

Curran predicts a neck stinger and hopefully back for Miami

When Curran guesses positive,we are usually in trouble

I'm no doctor, but if it was bad enough, logic dictates he wouldn't be able to fly back to Boston and would need to stay at a hospital.

Manning can't play, and I'm pretty sure he can fly. If Welker was put in the hospital it would be very severe.

In the long term, Welkers body has been breaking down over the past few years, I am afraid that Welker will not get big money to stay here. For this year, one more vintage year please.

The whole team played like stinkers......

oh wait...stingers

Nevermind

Stinger was my first thought. Smart like an SOB for several minutes. Can take a day or two for the tingling to wear off. Wes is such a GD football player. Blocks, tackles, bails his QB out, runs great routes, never gives up... Anyone here who thinks Bill won't keep this guy around as long as he did Bingo is nucking futs... Edleman has a little bit of Welker in him, just not quite as proficient or durable. When he gets dinged it's usually something broken... But he will be around awhile too because of his quicks and his never quit attitude and his ability to back up Welker.

I keep getting this image that Moss is in a Pats uniform AGAIN!

I keep getting this image that Moss is in a Pats uniform AGAIN!

What exactly does that have to do with our O line performance? Last time the O line has molested like this, I didn't see Moss light the World against the Giants and Ravens in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down