PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welker on being ex-Pat: 'That's the way it goes'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:

God that thread was classic. Ian should create a PatsFans.com Hall of Fame forum and that thread should be stickied.

God that thread was classic. Ian should create a PatsFans.com Hall of Fame forum and that thread should be stickied.

That's a great idea. Why don't we have a Hall of Shame for really bad threads and Hall of Fame for really good threads? (Unfortunately, there would probably be a lot more of the former than the latter.)

Simple Rules: Ian is the sole "decider" and the threads are locked once they are moved to their respective Halls. I second the nomination of the Moss-dog-faker thread as the first entrant in the Hall of Shame.

The Patriots tried to screw Welker over, and he decided not to let them, and Welker's the stupid one?

This place, sometimes... :bricks:

Welker was offered more money by the pats. 2/10 potentially 2/16

His broncos deal is 2/12 with no incentives.

Welker screwed welker by not accepted 2/16 extension last year. Stop drinking whatever it is jets fans have been handing you.

The presence of Wes Welker will help to keep Manning out of a wheelchair. Now he'll have a slot receiver who knows how to get open, a slot receiver Manning can find quickly which will allow him to get rid of the ball before the D closes in.
The presence of Wes Welker has had a lot to do with Tom Brady being upright in recent years. It'll be very ironic if Brady is the one who goes down on a hit because he was holding the ball too long waiting for someone to come open.

Yeah, because you never heard of Gronkowski, Hernandez and Ballard - - Brady has no options but to hold the ball and throw bombs this year. :)

Welker was offered more money by the pats. 2/10 potentially 2/16

His broncos deal is 2/12 with no incentives.

Welker screwed welker by not accepted 2/16 extension last year. Stop drinking whatever it is jets fans have been handing you.

Bingo. In 2011, they offered him 2 yrs 16 million for 2012 and 2013 FULLY GUARANTEED.

Wes Welker = Great WR/Lousy Poker Player.

Last edited:
The Patriots tried to screw Welker over, and he decided not to let them, and Welker's the stupid one?

Can't let this pass because, in just one sentence there are almost too many inaccuracies to count.

1. In the end Welker took less money on what will most likely be a shorter deal than what he had on the table in NE. Does that sound smart to you DI? Because if you think what Denver offered was the better deal, then you aren't going have a long career negotiating contracts.

2. How can you ignore the fact that Denver can release Welker after the 2013 season and not owe Welker a penny.

3. How can ignore the fact that Denver will need to spend top dollar to resign DThomas, and big money to sign Decker. They won't be able to afford both of them, PLUS have another $8MM (that's reportedly Welker's cap number for 2014)for a declining 33 year old slot receiver.

4. That means in all likelihood, Welker is going to have endure the indignity of having to go back in FA, next season, or have to accept a cap friendly deal in Denver that will pay him a LOT less than the $6MM that was "guaranteed

But that's OK. The rest of us will just continue to be "bricks", while you continue to issue pronouncements like the one above, from high up on Olympus :rolleyes:

4. That means in all likelihood, Welker is going to have endure the indignity of having to go back in FA, next season, or have to accept a cap friendly deal in Denver that will pay him a LOT less than the $6MM that was "guaranteed

Welker is looking at a 60 reception year with the broncos, and hes looking at getting cut and getting contracts in the 3.5 million per year range at best next year.

he and his agent screwed the pooch so badly.

Nonsense. Welker's agent committed the screw-job on this one while Wes was asleep at the wheel.

Can someone please explain (again) what exactly is a dog faker? I used it the other day and got a puzzled look…and when the person asked me what that is, I made up some mumbled response.
Please define for the less-cool forum members like me!

I believe it was a corruption of the term "dogging it" used in reference, as others have said, to Randy Moss when people were complaining that he was taking plays/games off.

What else is the man supposed to say? What's done is done and we all have to move on.

What else is the man supposed to say? What's done is done and we all have to move on.

Thanks Deb, Icy Patriot, and others for clarifying…I love the way the term sounds and hope one day it is given its proper place in the urban dictionary.

Total crap, Bob Kraft LOVES Welker and they wanted him back so bad they offered him Ochocinco money to prove it. And let's face it, Welker is no Ochocinco, he is big and fast and had 16 catches for them.

Welker is now a Bronco and as far as I am concerned this chapter is closed.

Just stop already Deus, you are acting like these guys are just a bunch of ballwashing sycophants when in truth they can see that this was both a brilliant and shrewd business minded move by Belichick to replace Welker with a younger player long term and an example of the Patriots going all out to keep a player they love "for life." Face it, Welker has only two football years left to live.

Personally I am hoping they can lock up Spikes "for life" with a 1 year 1.5 million extension.

I really, really wish you'd stop pointing to contract length as if it has anything to do with a team's desire to keep a player around for life.

There's been a noticeable lack of Deus since everybody called him out for being completely wrong.

I hope you are right…but the last time he had a non-HOF QB throwing to him in 2008, he ended up with:
111 catches, 1165yds, his career high in YAC, and also the 2nd lost play from scrimmage in his career.
But he is 5 years older and in a new system so hopefully he will regress.:rolleyes:

With Thomas and Decker already there? Nowhere but down.

E2TEEUr.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back