PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welker Not Sure He'll Be Back In Denver

I agree with someone else here. If we lose Amendola he could come and and do well here in that same role which is limited with Edelman being the lead guy. I don't think we can sign him and keep Edelman/Amendola even if he is cheap cause then we become too small at WR which i don't want and have too many guys with skills that over lap.

He is probably right, I don't blame Denver though, Welker looks about done.

Cause emotions.
Cause I don't get salty when a player leaves.
Cause I don't blame players who get prideful when they feel 'dissed'.
Cause I work for a major competitor for the company that I used to work for so I can appreciate wanting to stick it to someone (lol it's burger king you guyz)
Cause it would be nice to see him get a ring for all the great memories he gave us and a nice way to wrap up his career.
Anything in there about him still being a good player/investment?

Welker's decision is his own. I don't think that DEN or NE care whether Welker returns. We certainly wouldn't sign him.

It is on him if he retires or not. But if he is open to returning, I would take him. Even in his current state, I can see him snagging at least 35 balls from Brady.

giphy.gif

I remember those years when Brady only looked in Welker´s direction, our offense is better without him

I think BB would bring him back if he thought he had anything left. I don't think Wes would come back though. BB brought back or tried to bring back Law, Mankins, and Seymour after they trash him and/or Kraft. BB doesn't seem to hold grudges.

He and Vinatieri can sleep where they made their beds. Both are dead to me.

Belichick got rid of Welker at the right time. He is pretty much finished. I appreciate what he did for the pats but wouldn't want him on next years team.

If Amendola is gone, I wouldn't mind seeing him at a 1 year/ vet MIN deal

Welker would be an idiot if he sign a vet min deal, with the history of concussions the retirement is a better option

With the hits Welker has taken (to the head), I'm not sure he'll know where he is anyhow.

I hope he retires while he still has some semblance of health.

No room on the roster for someone with a "limited role". He's old and done.

Stanley Morgan on the other hand is still in good shape I've heard.

Time for Wes to retire, concussions and age he has nothing left.

I hope he retires for his future health. I am hoping he hasn't already taken too many hits to the head.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back