PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welker kicked a 57 yard field goal in HS?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't we get guys like that?

Welker is our modern day Troy Brown ... I think his legend here is just beginning.

"Asante's a great player, so it hurts not to have a guy like that. But then again, it's part of the business of the game," Welker said. "He chose money over championships, and that's the way it goes sometimes."

No but how do you really feel about it, Wes?

;)

My crush on Wes Welker grows stronger still.

He rushed for 3,235 yards and 53 touchdowns, caught 174 passes for 2,551 yards and 27 touchdowns and returned seven kicks and three interceptions for touchdowns.

Welker also had 22 interceptions and nine fumble recoveries, made 581 tackles, kicked 35 field goals (including a 57-yarder) and 165 extra points and scored 818 points -- an average of 16.7 per game.

Huh. What is this stiff, Belichick doing just letting him line up at WR? You'd think a genius coach would realize the full potential that Welker has. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, as time moves on I hope to see McDaniels and Belichick find more creative ways to get Welker the ball. I am very excited by this possibility.

Looks like we found our backup QB if the great man should ever feel the need to take a rest from dismantling the NFL :singing:

Welker to Moss for a TOUCHDOWN!!!

Last edited:
You have to ask yourself, who is the next Wes Welker.
He has exploded.
His YAC is a great asset to our offense, nice hands too.

It's not a coincidence people... we LOOK for these guys.

It's not a coincidence people... we LOOK for these guys.

=====================================

Yea, you would think that the rest of the NFL would try that approach.:)

welker is quickly becoming one of my favorite Pats of all time....

I remember Welker very well from when he was with Miami. He always seemed like a guy that could not be brought down, turning nothing plays in to first downs and picking up big yardage returning punts. From the first time I saw him I was amazed with Welker, and I'm sure BB and SP were as well. That was the game that Olindo Mare got hurt, and Welker took over the kicking offs, field goals, and extra points - and looked like he was the Dolphins regular kicker - while also returning both kickoffs and punts. Really glad to have such a quality player on the team.

No question, he was my favourite non-Patriots player, not least because he just would not accept defeat (in contrast to his team-mates).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes