PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welker has successful surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wishing him a speedy recovery and hope he rehabs quicker than expected. :)

All the best Wes if the other 52 had a quater of your heart, the patriots would win the superbowl every year. I have no doubt you will make a complete recovery and not lose any of your god given talent. With your grit and determination and want. I want to see you get extended and retire a patriot. God bless you!

All the best Wes if the other 52 had a quater of your heart, the patriots would win the superbowl every year. I have no doubt you will make a complete recovery and not lose any of your god given talent. With your grit and determination and want. I want to see you get extended and retire a patriot. God bless you!

Thankfully, his fill-in has just as much heart as he does. :)

And if every Patriot had as much determination as Welker, not only would they win the Super Bowl every year, they'd make that 59-0 game this year look like a %#%#ing squeaker.

it does take more than heart to win out every year.....

Your ACL is actually stronger after an ACL reconstruction using your patellar tendon

It isn't really the strength of the ACL that is the issue. There are a lot of guys with stronger ACLs who weren't the same player they were prior to the surgery because of other factors. Much more important for Welker is flexibility, range of motion, his ability to cut on a dime on it and change diretion like he did prior to the injury, etc. - those are the things that make him an elite WR. Only time can tell if he ever gets that back 100%

Has a player every caught 100+ passes 4 years in a row? We're going to see Wes Welker break a record next year...should be really cool.

Here's to your health, Wes. See you in September! :eat3:

Didn't read through the whole thread but

Since I know very little about injuries/rehab times and such. What is the best possible and worst possible outcome from this injury in terms of when he will see the field again?

I understand the implications it might have on how he plays, I just want to know when it's likely he might suit up again

The injury didn't impact Brady's 2009 season. Other injuries and other issues did. And even then his personal performance was well above average even for him...

Brady was ready to train for football in March, and participated in late May OTA's. He was able to fully participate in camp and pre season. You never knock the rust off until you start the regular season. Different position and ACL demands but if he heals well Wes should be ready to train by for football by July, ready to participate unfortunately around the time pre season is wrapping up so most likely to start the season on PUP. He could beat that timeline but it would be foolish to bank on it. A setback could back him up to the point he's not available until week 12 or not available at all this season. But that's a worst case scenario.

Meahwhile looks like he'll get a small chunk of change from Best Buy for this week's ad. He's also on the front page of BestBuy.com right now as well

Heh, I noticed that too.

Last edited:
The injury didn't impact Brady's 2009 season. Other injuries and other issues did. And even then his personal performance was well above average even for him...

Statistically it was well above average.

I don't think anyone could deny he had issues with his comfort in the pocket and the timing of his throws through most of the season

Statistically it was well above average.

I don't think anyone could deny he had issues with his comfort in the pocket and the timing of his throws through most of the season

Don't be too confident, somehow there are plenty of people who will deny that

I'm not saying it won't happen, just that it's doubtful. I mean, look at what happened to Tom's game this season from the injury. Welker suffered it later in the year (much later) and relies on that knee A LOT more than Brady does. Welker's game relies upon making ultra-aggressive cuts in traffic. That game will most likely suffer... and to think it was all over a meaningless game. :(

I think that the effect on Brady was not the aftermath of the injury but the result of a year away from football.
If Brady had sustained the same injury in December after playing the whole season, and we can pretend his rehab would have been at the same place, I think you would have seen almost no impact on his play.
Of course if it happened in December he wouldn't have been at the same place in rehab. Just saying it wasn't phyiscal, IMO, it was going from Feb 08 to Sept 09 between playing any real meaningful amount of football.

I think that the effect on Brady was not the aftermath of the injury but the result of a year away from football.
If Brady had sustained the same injury in December after playing the whole season, and we can pretend his rehab would have been at the same place, I think you would have seen almost no impact on his play.
Of course if it happened in December he wouldn't have been at the same place in rehab. Just saying it wasn't phyiscal, IMO, it was going from Feb 08 to Sept 09 between playing any real meaningful amount of football.

he did have stretches of playing very well (Indy/Jax) so i would suspect you are correct.

Playinh QB is by far the toughest position in sports so there are just so many factors in play. let's hope an offseason of rehab/ working on fundamentals/ working with Edelman and Tate make for a great 2010 season.

Has a player every caught 100+ passes 4 years in a row? We're going to see Wes Welker break a record next year...should be really cool.

Marvin Harrison did it, unfortunately.

But WW is the only player with three 110+ seasons, period.

I would be happy to see him just make it next year

I would almost be certain he is put on PUP and returns about week 10 would be my guess

If he is starting in september it will be a full out miracle

Vicious rumors abound that the sturgeons also added 6" to his height. Commisioner Goodell is investigating. Possible fines and draft pick sanctions to the Pats org may follow. Breaking...

Get well, WWW!

Vicious rumors abound that the sturgeons also added 6" to his height. Commisioner Goodell is investigating. Possible fines and draft pick sanctions to the Pats org may follow. Breaking...

Get well, WWW!

sturgeon.jpg

:confused:

;)

Get well, WWW!

I'm more worried that they'll try and swap Welker and Edelman's brains. . . . :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back