Welker has successful surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
BostonHerald.com - Blogs: Rap Sheet

"The surgery was performed by Thomas Gill, the team doctor for the Patriots. Colleague Karen Guregian was told the surgery was a grand success"

Rehab like a beast, Wes.

Dr. Gill has a great reputation so no lack of confidence there. Good luck to you Wes, you're a terrific football player. See you next year. :singing:

We'll see him next season, but I doubt he'll be the Wes Welker we're all used to.
I wouldn't say I'm expecting it but with modern medicine, lots of medical experience of ACL rehabs and a total competitor like Welker, it wouldn't shock me if we're saying "wow".

I wouldn't say I'm expecting it but with modern medicine, lots of medical experience of ACL rehabs and a total competitor like Welker, it wouldn't shock me if we're saying "wow".

I'm not saying it won't happen, just that it's doubtful. I mean, look at what happened to Tom's game this season from the injury. Welker suffered it later in the year (much later) and relies on that knee A LOT more than Brady does. Welker's game relies upon making ultra-aggressive cuts in traffic. That game will most likely suffer... and to think it was all over a meaningless game. :(

I'm not saying it won't happen, just that it's doubtful. I mean, look at what happened to Tom's game this season from the injury. Welker suffered it later in the year (much later) and relies on that knee A LOT more than Brady does. Welker's game relies upon making ultra-aggressive cuts in traffic. That game will most likely suffer... and to think it was all over a meaningless game. :(

Your ACL is actually stronger after an ACL reconstruction using your patellar tendon

Last edited:
truckload of HGH should be backing into his driveway right about now

We Can Build Him Better, Stronger, Faster.

If Welker suffers the same complications that Brady did, then 2010 is definitely out of the picture. For him to contribute a great deal next year, he would have to not only avoid complications, but have a pretty stellar recovery time. I have no idea whether that will happen or not; not counting on it and don't even care to speculate. I hope we see him back sooner, but if not then the Pats will just have to give more time to the young guys.

I'm still so pissed this happened.

What devastating (on an elite level, of course - not Detroit style) moments we've gone through the last 4 years...

2006: Blow 21-3 AFC Championship lead
2007: Go 18-0, lose Super Bowl
2008: Brady injured in first quarter of season / Brett Favre blows Pats playoff hopes
2009: Welker injured in absolutely meaningless game as team proceeds to suffer worse playoff loss of BB era following week

In my mind, coming down after a big high is a lot more devastating than just consistent failure.

Last edited:
Get well soon Wes

Wes is a young guy,with more than a couple of productive years ahead. Let's hope his rehab is managed for the long run, not just to get him back on the field in '10. If it works out, great, but max development should be the goal, not 80%.

Welker is accustomed to having people say that he can not things and he has a habit of proving them wrong.

Glad to hear Welker's surgery went fine. Meahwhile looks like he'll get a small chunk of change from Best Buy for this week's ad. He's also on the front page of BestBuy.com right now as well.

welkerbby.jpg

Last edited:
Welker will start week 1. Positive thoughts people.

I agree with you both, but am hopeful!!

As long as he takes a healthy schedule back, that is what i want...

Your ACL is actually stronger after an ACL reconstruction using your patellar tendon

Physically yes, but given he injured it making a routine cut, it won't surprise me if the mental hurdle is the biggest one. How long before he plants and drives sideways like he used to without remembering that feeling in the back of his mind?

Prove me wrong Wes, but I'm giving him some slack for the first 4-8 games (if not more) that he comes back.

Welker is accustomed to having people say that he can not things and he has a habit of proving them wrong.

Betting against Welker is never a good idea. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing