Welker has more catches for 1st downs than anyone else has receptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
From Pro Football Weekly:

From the random stat department: Welker has more first-down receptions (29) than the second-leading receiver, Panthers WR Steve Smith, in the league has total receptions (24). He is also on pace to catch 160 passes this season, which would shatter Marvin Harrison's single-season record of 143.

ProFootballWeekly.com - MVP Meter: Hasselbeck rising

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Interesting and Impressive Stat on Welker

You have to love having Welker on the team.

I'm not sure his current pace is sustainable. But, truth be told, I'd like to see him getting fewer hard hits and save him a few aches and pains (while that doesn't translate into fewer passes, it does mean Brady needs another go to target...if for no other reason than to make the offense less predictable on 3rd and long).

If Stafford and Johnson can both be top candidates on the same team, I think Wes continues to be disrespected in their rankings...as his (NR) status from week 3 underscores... Especially when a guy like Hasselbeck is ranked higher on the basis of playing for a team that has long been just a functional QB away from contention... Plugging a functional gap doesn't make you a league MVP, although it could make you a team one by default. He and Fitzpatrick could be tied for 10th...

If Stafford and Johnson can both be top candidates on the same team, I think Wes continues to be disrespected in their rankings...as his (NR) status from week 3 underscores... Especially when a guy like Hasselbeck is ranked higher on the basis of playing for a team that has long been just a functional QB away from contention... Plugging a functional gap doesn't make you a league MVP, although it could make you a team one by default. He and Fitzpatrick could be tied for 10th...

I think Brady hurts Welker in his and everyone else's MVP meter. If Welker was doing what he was doing with say Stafford, Welker would probably be top 3 on every MVP Meter. I think Brady's early performance is so historic that it diminishes Welker's performance in a lot of people's eyes.

Last edited:

Welker is the best receiver we have really, Branch and co do well but Wes always steps up when called upon!

Time to put Welker on D...cover the slot WR. Lets get that MVP wrapped up early

Welker won't keep up this pace. A big chunk of his receptions the last two weeks are catches that Aaron Hernandez would normally have. When Hernandez is back his production should drop a bit. He will still catch 120 balls mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes