PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welker - great article

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR4

In the Starting Line-up
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't seen this posted but it is a great article and worth repeating anyway.
Wes is a lot more than just a great work ethic.
This article gives some specifics on his physical abilities that set him
apart from other players.

I love the sand pit story. :D

http://www.newsok.com/article/3069886

Wow that gets me so excited for the season to start already no matter how we finish and I may be alone on this thought, I know were gonna be a hell of alot of fun to watch.
Since I first started watching football and becoming a Patriots fan courtesy of Drew Bledsoe. All I ask is my team try as hard as they can and as long as they have a winning season I am satisfied it doesn't have to be a championship all the time for me to be proud of our guys.

Very cool.

Good find!

"I don't see how anyone could question what kind of athletic ability he has,” said Texas Tech offensive coordinator Dana Holgorsen. "For four years around here he was called ‘The Natural.' Wes redefined our entire program's thinking of what a complete player was in terms of athletic talent, hard work and intelligence.”

Sounds like he and TB should get along real well:rocker:

It would not surprise me to see him used in slot coverage on defense if injuries ravage the secondary again.

I've seen it written before and agree whole-heartedly: This guy's a Troy Brown clone. Good stuff JR4.

You know its funny, but when TB compared WW to a dog, lots of people bristled at that. I understood EXACTLY what he was saying. Wes will be a stud for this team, simply in the fact that he will work to suit his master (TB) in every way. That is the exact way that a reciever will meet with success.

Mark my words, these two will have incredible chemistry together on that fact alone. with Moss and Stalworth opening the field, these two will destroy the middle together. Bet on it.

Any one else get a laugh out of Welker's "Puke-and-Rally" move?

I don't think I've ever seen anyone do that while running and NOT miss a stride.

Awesome article.

My favorite sentence:
The better athletes in the NFL can do [the 20-yard shuttle] in 4 to 4.5 seconds. Welker does it in 3.85 seconds. :D

Nevertheless, Welker maintains that drills and times and measurements don't mean as much as they're made out to. It used to be assumed that he felt that way because he did poorly at the agility drills. Now that we know otherwise, Welker hasn't changed his tune.

:rocker:

Last edited:
I have a feeling that Welker will be my favorite player very soon......here comes another jersey!

Ahhhhhh yes.........the "old Puke & rally" move - hilarious.

I am thinkin this guy is a perfect Patriot and this deal will go down as yet another in a long line of steals!!

At the start of the off-season, I had not heard much about him, and I wasn't really sure he was worth what we gave for him, but now that has changed. I can't believe I am saying that he will be as good of a pick-up as Moss and Stallworth.

At the start of the off-season, I had not heard much about him, and I wasn't really sure he was worth what we gave for him, but now that has changed. I can't believe I am saying that he will be as good of a pick-up as Moss and Stallworth.

What's most important about your last line is the combination of the three. For example, Welker last year, with Caldwell and Gaffney, would have been a good pickup, but maybe not great. Moss and Stallworth this year without Welker underneath? Not the same potential.

Here's hoping the Triad rules. :rocker:

Fabulous backgrounder!

The last time Belichick gave up a 2nd rounder was for Dillon.

Welker is a better deal :singing:

Thought when this trade happened that this would be a significant move for the Pats, having read a bunch of stuff on him, including this article only confirms my initial belief. The other thing is that he has been showing up at a lot of the charity events, so he is getting to know the other guys here as well.

The last time Belichick gave up a 2nd rounder was for Dillon.

Welker is a better deal :singing:

Way too early to say that. Dillon was a big reason why we have a third world championship 1600 yards that year.

Just from watching him play, WW was my favourite non-Patriots player. And now he's on the Pats! What's not to like?

BTW. . . . would it be so wrong to say that Wes Welker proves the old adage, "It's not always the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"?

:D / :bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye