PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welker for......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid~Brady

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
So, I know there's been a ton of Welker threads but I have a thought. I've actually thought about this before because I've had this kid on most of my fantasy teams each year and he's been great. I was listening to The Big Show and a caller just mentioned the same idea I had awhile back.

Percy Harvin... would you trade Welker for him if it didn't work out with the contract issues and he was available to trade? From what I know, Harvin wants out of the twin cities as it is, so why not?

Trust me, I'm not one of the "let's get Welker outta here" type guys, I love this guy and frankly don't believe he's replaceable but I don't work for the Patriots and my opinion along with all of ours won't matter at the end of the season.

Thoughts?

President?......

Considering his challengers,I am all for it :cool:

lol

The Vikings aren't going to trade Percy Harvin for Wes Welker.

Why would a rebuilding team want an old receiver?

Welker for JJ Watt is better.

Yes, but the vikings wouldnt do that

I'm still laughing at this.

He's the second best player on that team, and a potential MVP candidate.

Why would a rebuilding team want an old receiver?

Good point. But at Welker's age, he's still producing better than most. I just think Percy Harvin would be a good fit here for whatever reason if Welker did decide to walk.

Maybe Vikings won't trade but we could make a run for him at the end of the season if Welker does leave. Just a thought

I hate these threads because I always feel obliged to chime in on a pointless topic.

Welker is invaluable to the Patriots offense. Although the system is very challenging to learn, he has clearly mastered it and has been on Brady's page since day one. Because of the nature of the Patriots offense, Welker might be the best receiver in the NFL for their system. Likewise, because of Brady and an offense predicated by accuracy, timing, and short passes, there is no team in the NFL that's a better fit than Welker.

So must we discuss Harvin? A guy who is a wildcard, may or may not fit into our system, and even at absolute best, still wouldn't be as valuable to the team as Welker is right now? Besides, why would the Vikings give up one of the cornerstones of their franchise for a 31-32 year old WR who would be questionable in their offense? Why? Why?? Why???

The only logical answer: because it would satisfy the curiosity of some fans and add entertainment value.

Maybe if this falls through we could hit up the Lions for Calvin Johnson.

Welker for...... EVAH!!!!

:rocker:

If the starting point for conversations is "some caller on the big show said," then it's probably not going anywhere intelligent.

Hopefully he ends up playing for fans who know something about football.

If the starting point for conversations is "some caller on the big show said," then it's probably not going anywhere intelligent.

I agree. :)

Welker stays or we riot.

I was listening to The Big Show

This is when I knew this was going to be a bad thread.

Not because nobody else listens to the Big Show it's just that most of us are too ashamed to admit it.

PS - There's no way this would ever happen and I wouldn't do it anyways. Welker is too important to this offense.

Straight up for Ray Rice, if the Harvin deal falls through?

May sound like a homer but no. We know what Welker can do in this system; Harvin in this system is an unknown. Not to mention, slot receivers don't get much better than Welker if at all.

Good point. But at Welker's age, he's still producing better than most. I just think Percy Harvin would be a good fit here for whatever reason if Welker did decide to walk.

Maybe Vikings won't trade but we could make a run for him at the end of the season if Welker does leave. Just a thought

Harvin would be a good fit anywhere he went. The Patriots would make this trade in a second, but the Vikings would laugh for about five minutes then hang up the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down