PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welker excited about receiving passes from Brady again

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDPPatsfan85

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
FOXBORO – As far as Wes Welker is concerned, Tom Brady now looks like the same Tom Brady pre-knee injury.

“He could never run that well anyway,” the receiver quipped yesterday.

But Welker, like many of his Patriots teammates, has been happy to see Brady around Gillette Stadium, particularly on the fields for work. Welker allowed that he’s caught a few passes from the rehabbing quarterback as he progresses from the torn ACL and MCL he suffered last September.

Welker, who has 223 receptions in two seasons with New England, talked yesterday after a workout at the stadium, and hit on a variety of topics, including making his first Pro Bowl appearance in February.

He seemed to enjoy the low-key experience.

Welker excited about receiving passes from Brady again | New England Patriots | projo.com | The Providence Journal

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm happy he'll be receiving passes from Brady too.;)

I found the paragraph about Greg Lewis particularly interesting.... Greg Lewis isn't on most peoples radar as being a big impact on this team.... Hmmmmmm
Greg (X-Factor) Lewis?!? :cool:

"Welker excited about receiving passes from Brady again "

akin to

"Starving child looking forward to smore being roasted on an open fire"

I found the paragraph about Greg Lewis particularly interesting.... Greg Lewis isn't on most peoples radar as being a big impact on this team.... Hmmmmmm
Greg (X-Factor) Lewis?!? :cool:

Anytime BB says "he always killed us everytime we played against him", I've learned to take that sentence seriously. When we picked up Welker he made that statement, and I thought, meh, he's alright, but I didn't see anything spectacular. Wasn't I the fool. Welker is a BEAST. I hope that Lewis is a BEAST too. :D

Anytime BB says "he always killed us everytime we played against him", I've learned to take that sentence seriously. When we picked up Welker he made that statement, and I thought, meh, he's alright, but I didn't see anything spectacular. Wasn't I the fool. Welker is a BEAST. I hope that Lewis is a BEAST too. :D

What could be better than two Patriots with 100ish receptions a season?

THREE Patriots with 100ish receptions a season! :D

Point well taken, DefenseRules! Moss, Welker, presumably Galloway and Lewis looks pretty good from my vantage point.....:cool:

Last edited:

If you want to watch some game film on Lewis watch the Patriots vs Eagles superbowl!

I have that tape saved somewhere...Definitely gonna review it now. I clearly remember Lewis' TD catch late in the second half that gave the Eagles a chance.....

Thats a pretty fast lineup now that I think about it. Moss, Galloway, and Lewis all have deep speed. And of course Welker is unstoppable in the slot. Could be another bonanza offensive year for the Pats so long as the offensive line holds its own.

Thats a pretty fast lineup now that I think about it. Moss, Galloway, and Lewis all have deep speed. And of course Welker is unstoppable in the slot. Could be another bonanza offensive year for the Pats so long as the offensive line holds its own.

I still wanna offer a second round pick to Cinci for Ocho Cinco! OMG!:cool:

This is the part that troubles me. I've never been a big fan of our O-Line and that includes the record-setting, almost perfect 2007 season. I've always felt that Light is overrated and the right side of the line needs a huge makeover. We'll see what happens.

This is the part that troubles me. I've never been a big fan of our O-Line and that includes the record-setting, almost perfect 2007 season. I've always felt that Light is overrated and the right side of the line needs a huge makeover. We'll see what happens.
Agreed not a big fan of the line at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots