PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welker "could" get traded to us instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I will maintain we blew it if we added a #7 - unless we get him for cheap money that would be easily matched. Any big contract and there was no need.

Of course, it wouldn't be the first time we've blown it on trades.

The only I see the Dolphins taking less than second is if it is a conditional pick that is likely to go up to second round and could end up being a first. I don't see why the Dolphins would trade for less otherwise. I can see it being a player or a pick and a player.

Second and seventh for Welker according to Peter King.

They need O-line and some D-line help.

Watch O'Callahan, Kazur or Mike Wright if there is a true trade.

If we trade any of those guys for anyone, I'll eat my hat.

Uh, maybe Chad Jackson? They tried to trade him for Moss before it came out he had a ACL injury.

So you're going to trust some moron on the Planet who registered two weeks ago and has 23 posts? Come on.

Mueller is a very good businessman. He would never do something so stupid.

We must be thinking of different Mueller's. The one I know, the GM in Miami, has been fired twice in the last six years.

This is a great deal for the Patriots ... they "throw in" a 7th round pick to avoid the ugliness of a poison pill contract. Kraft suppossedly intervened and spoke to Huizenga directly.We will be getting three compensation picks anyway (4th, 5th, 7th is my guess). No way all our 9 picks make the team anyway. I would trade a 2nd for a proven, young, veteran, gutsy player any day of the week.

If anyone should be chastised its Miami GM Randy Mueller for not putting a higher tier offer to RFA Welker. For a mere $200k more we would be talking about a 1st round pick. BTW it was Fred Smerlas that pointed that out today on WEEI!

This is an unfair comparison, but Chad Jackson was signed for 4 years as a 2nd round pick. He will miss his 2nd straight pre-season this year and is coming back from an ACL tear. Maybe he is physically ready by mid season but mentally he is still a rookie that you have for only 2 years after next season. Welker had more catches than any player on the Pats and is in his prime 25-30, and is signed for 5 years. He returns punts and KO (freeing up Maroney from that duty).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes