PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welker college highlights video

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahahahahahah that video makes it look like hes a mix between reggie bush and LT. didnt he go undrafted?? lol

One of the things I noticed watching that video is that Welker turns around for the ball a lot, even when its tracking to the shoulder opposite his turn. You can see him backpedal to make catches several times, like he was returning punts.

You're supposed to stay pointed upfield and look over your shoulder for the ball, catching it as it floats over you.

Yep,undrafted. Kliff Klingsbury looked awesome on highlites as well at Texas Tech, the only difference is Welker has proven himself, Klingsbury never did.

How about saying "awesome" job for finding and posting this.

Welker seems like a shifty receiver who will thrive having Brady throwing to him. Hopefully he'll continue going for that extra yardage like in the video and not take a knee like Patriot WRs have known to do.

Good highlight reel, but it got me worried. The Texas Tech offense made all receivers look good and even a few QBs. Clearly Welker proved he was the real deal last year. I only hope that last year was the tip of the iceberg.

He looks to be in a completely different field than Tim Dwight. Maybe in the same field as Darren Sproles back in college. Fingers crossed. His highlights from the Dolphins are probably more amazing than these.

I like the footage of his punt returns...

For his receptions, he seems to be pulling the same move repeatedly, in which he stops and lets the defender's weight go by him before he moves ahead. Although this works throughout the highlight vid, I hope it's not something that defenses will be able to adapt to. If so, he's getting 0 yards after the catch for most of these passes.

Good highlight reel, but it got me worried. The Texas Tech offense made all receivers look good and even a few QBs. Clearly Welker proved he was the real deal last year. I only hope that last year was the tip of the iceberg.

He looks to be in a completely different field than Tim Dwight. Maybe in the same field as Darren Sproles back in college. Fingers crossed. His highlights from the Dolphins are probably more amazing than these.

I kind of thought he proved himself in '04. I think that was the year he returned kickoffs/punts, punted the ball, and kicked field goals as well as lined up in the slot to make some things happen. Plus, that white boy can run. I'm going to go ahead and take a wild guess and say that he probably got a lot of ***** in college.

ok now who has a nice tim couch highlight reel? charles rogers's reel? mike williams?.....anybody? lets just wait and see. theres a reason why he went undrafted.

I disagree... These highlights show what he's capable of. Doesn't mean he's going to score every touch he gets on the ball..

Theres talent there.

I disagree... These highlights show what he's capable of. Doesn't mean he's going to score every touch he gets on the ball..

Theres talent there.

of course theres talent. hes in the nfl and we just traded a 2nd round draft pick. but that reel is sort of funny seeing as how despite his talent no nfl team wanted to draft him. a highlight reel of him at miami would have made me feel better.....

thx, that was fun.

and that's how Kingsbury and BJ Symons threw for ten million yards.

too bad the soundtrack is a little gary (without the "r")...how about some REAL rock :rolleyes: (something off vulgar display or seasons in the abyss...I guess that's "old school")

would put us over the top if we could get a complimentary WR like a Moss or Stallworth

One of the things I noticed watching that video is that Welker turns around for the ball a lot, even when its tracking to the shoulder opposite his turn. You can see him backpedal to make catches several times, like he was returning punts.

You're supposed to stay pointed upfield and look over your shoulder for the ball, catching it as it floats over you.

At least he was catching the damn ball. :D

In a highlight film? Yes. :p

Are people really critiquing Welker's form based on a video that is 4+ years old? :bricks: :wha:

Are people really critiquing Welker's form based on a video that is 4+ years old? :bricks: :wha:

Well he looked pretty good in that Madden commercial form a year ago. :rolleyes:

Well, if people can praise Welker based on old video, certainly I can criticize him... it's just something I noticed, that's all. It will be interesting to see if he's kicked the habit come 2007.

Last edited:
Any highlight video is "awesome."

great post.....This kid is a "poor man's" Troy Brown (By the way I want full credit for this quote!!!) No offense.....but Welker will be a good, solid return man for us, and will catch some 8-10 yard slot passes for us......that is what he can bring in....and will be a good "role" player here. Alot of people are reading into "Welker being a big time WR" for us.......he is not that and never will be IMHO.....He will make a few "Troy-ish, Kevin faulk-ish" type catches in the slot for short yardages to keep a drive alive...which will be great...and this is where he will fit in well, as this is a HUGE part of our offense and much needed....BUT just don't expect this kid to provide any BIG time.....stretch the field kinds of plays....not his forte obviously.......He has had ONE really good year (albeit ONLY 1 TD recorded)....Let's wait and see what he brings this year...GO PATS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes