PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welker blasts Corey Ivy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember seeing that. I thought it was awesome.

Funny that Wes was released by SD at Cameron's insistence and then traded from Miami for a song by Cameron. I believe that is an example of hubris. Making the same glaring mistake twice rather than accepting your mistake the first time.

No worries. Seau...Harrison...Welker...whose next...?

role players?

that reminds me...I saw a sign outside Pro Player down in Miami...some Dolphin player with a cardboard sign.."will play for rolls"...maybe THAT'S what they are

So because he got shut down all game and then after a play was over cheaply went after a guy standing still not looking makes him a bad ass?

Hmm.... not seeing it. Wes is a punk and this is further proof of it.

Sounds like a Fins fan who misses Welk due to lack of offensive production to me ;-)

Yeah when you say Welker is cast for a certain offense/system, that makes him a systematic role player. If you take away Randy Moss taking all the attention, Tom Brady throwing perfect strikes and the offensive line giving Brady time to make a sandwhich in the pocket, Welker doesn't perform like he has. That was indicitive in Miami when he played for a pis poor offense. He isn't the kind of receiver that is going to take over game regardless of the surrounding cast he has and giving up a player like that for a 2nd round pick is a very good deal for us.

By no means am I denying his slot receiving skills; that's what he does and he's great at it. But puting him up there in the top 15 seems to favorable for me. He's limited in what he can do, he's has zero downfield thread, he can't line up wide, and he would have no business beating top corners in this game.
Based on what Miami has going for it, they could have Moss, Rice, TO, Lynn Swan, Duper & Clayton on the roster, and I doubt they're going to get as much out of them as a well coached, well run NFL team.

The Pats do this a lot with players.

All of this talk seems a bit tiring.

Welker is such a great addition to our team. He plays his heart out and has many talents. And he is a smart player.

I can't say enough good things about the guy.

Maybe he was not right for the Phins, that's OK. He is just fine in New England.

Maybe Moss was not right for the Raiders, that's OK. He is just fine in New England.

Sometimes it works that way, like Vrabel and the Steelers letting him go.

Personally, I don't have a single thing against the Phins. Not one negative thing to say. Except maybe thank you for Welker, and Morris too.

Yeh, thanks a lot.

Uh, I mean I have something positive to say.

Not one negative thing to say. Except maybe thank you for Welker, and Morris too.

So thanks.

Do you have the one where Rolle blows Stallworth up?

no but i have the 1 where stallworth blew Bart Scott Mr. Hot Shot guy up

Yeah when you say Welker is cast for a certain offense/system, that makes him a systematic role player. If you take away Randy Moss taking all the attention, Tom Brady throwing perfect strikes and the offensive line giving Brady time to make a sandwhich in the pocket, Welker doesn't perform like he has. That was indicitive in Miami when he played for a pis poor offense. He isn't the kind of receiver that is going to take over game regardless of the surrounding cast he has and giving up a player like that for a 2nd round pick is a very good deal for us.

By no means am I denying his slot receiving skills; that's what he does and he's great at it. But puting him up there in the top 15 seems to favorable for me. He's limited in what he can do, he's has zero downfield thread, he can't line up wide, and he would have no business beating top corners in this game.

The modern NFL has turned pretty much every player into a role player, so that's simply a silly way to disparage a player. Also, Welker performed very well last season on his way to being the Dolphins' #1 receiver. He performed so well that Belioli decided that he needed to take an upgrade from the Dolphins to the Patriots.

So because he got shut down all game and then after a play was over cheaply went after a guy standing still not looking makes him a bad ass?

I suggest you listen for the whistle there chumly. The play was NOT over.

Wes is not a punk. He's a damn good player that has proven that the Phins mad a HUGE mistake in letting him go.

And another ingenious poster who obviously hasn't got the first clue.

I wonder if any Pats fan actually knows what the Dolphins got in return for Welker and how he's playing?

Yes. You got an above average rookie center named Samson Satele and a 7th rounder that you traded away. However, you also have to consider that, by trading Welker away, the Dolphins adding a KR/PR person became a bigger priority. Its pretty sad that they wasted a TOP 10 pick on Ginn.

Well, you guys run a 3 wide set where the slot receiver is very important. In our offense, we don't use a ton of 3 wide sets and the slot guy is the 5th option in our offense. In return, we got a center who has made our offensive line much better then it was last year (a much bigger weakness then our 3rd wide receiver spot.)

Maybe that is the offense you run THIS year. But, that's also stupid thinking to think that your slot receiver is the 5th option every time.

You're O-line isnt' that much better.

Nooooo... we're losing because last year we ranked 4th in defense and now we're dead last. Our offense ranked lower last year WITH Wes.

And yeah, Ginn's a bust 12 games into his career. :rolleyes: I'm sure Maroney, Meriweather and Jackson are busts too then?

You can't call a player a bust in his rookie year unless he goes Ryan Leaf. Jason Allen had been awful for his first 20 some games and now he's playing great.

Hmm.. Lets see. LAST year Miami averaged 205 passing yards per game and were ranked 13th. THIS year, Miami has has averaged 178 passing yards per game and are ranked 27th.

Care to explain how your offense is BETTER without Welker?

You can't sit there and say OVERALL offense when you also say that Satele is the reason your running game is better.

Dude, I hear you, Wes is doing great in his role; but that's what he is, a role player. Wes can't line up out side and in our offense that means he would only be on the field about 60% of the time or so. We use our tight ends, our backs and our top 2 receivers but not so much our slot guy. He's doing fin in New England, but the truth is he doesn't fit what we do. (And here comes the, "what you're doing is working pretty good huh, 0-12?)

Welker CAN and DOES line up outside. He's more than a role player.

The Pats use their TEs and backs as well as their slot receiver.

You really should know what you are talking about before you post.

Riiiiight. Do you think maybe the Pats brought Welker in because they knew they were running 3 wide sets? Naaaah, couldn't be, I'm sure they were planning on lining him up at the z position but when they got so deep they just happened to bump him into the slot. :rolleyes:

How could the Pats have KNOWN they'd be running 3 WR sets when they hadn't acquired MOSS or Stallworth when they'd traded for Welker?

The Pats move guys all over the place. Welker has to know his routes, as well as the routes of the other receivers.

Heh, for a second I thought this would be in interview form.

Then I forgot the only blasting we do is on the field. Steelers should try to follow along this week.

same thing here....and i was thinking, oh oh, we may see more chad next game, if Wes went talking a little too much to the media....but i see welker gets it, i wont make the mistake twice, the only blasting the pats do is ON the field, no wonder they win

GURU??? maybe you should stick to helping your div 1 AA team call the Phins LOL oh yea by the way that was a legal hit not like a hold/pass int that was done how many times w/out a flag

This is a perfect example of the conspiracy wherein the Refs love us and want us to win

It's only because they LOVE the Patriots that they don't call holding and pass interference all throughout the game.

They know that makes us mad, and when we get mad we play better - so by not calling penalties on the other team they know they are helping us!

The Ravens have every right to be mad - they were blatantly holding us all night and just couldn't get the Refs to call it.

I think their jawing finally got to the Refs towards the end of the night, and I began to worry when I saw they finally started to call some holding and pass interference against the Ravens, but thankfully, they went back to "looking the other way" for the final Hail Mary pass.

But overall, if I'm a Raven fan I'm pissed off too - I mean what do you have to do to actually get the Ref's to call interference?

Someone is suffering from "Wes envy".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back