PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welker blasts Corey Ivy

Status
Not open for further replies.
So because he got shut down all game and then after a play was over cheaply went after a guy standing still not looking makes him a bad ass?

Hmm.... not seeing it. Wes is a punk and this is further proof of it.

Did he get a personal foul for that "cheapshot" that was directly in front of the ref? Nope because it happened during the play.

Sorry you and the rest of the fin fans still have sore butts from being bent over by the Pats when we got Wes. :D

And another ingenious poster who obviously hasn't got the first clue.

I wonder if any Pats fan actually knows what the Dolphins got in return for Welker and how he's playing?

Samson Satele, he is playing good, no denying that, BUT is he helping the dolphins win games? Or would a more appropriate question be, is he helping the Dolphins come closer to winning a game? Maybe, but I prefer a receiver with 84 catches.

• running game is still doing very well despite being on our 5th string player
  • We're losing
  • worst defense in football
  • we're dealing with our 5th string running back
  • 6th string safety
  • 3rd string QB (who's a rookie that we didn't want to hve to play this year)
  • we traded our best wide receiver
  • We're not losing because of our offensive line.
Priceless!!!! Almost sounds like a series of excuses. Wait a minute, they are!!!

Well, you guys run a 3 wide set where the slot receiver is very important. In our offense, we don't use a ton of 3 wide sets and the slot guy is the 5th option in our offense.
Considering their offensive production this year (lack thereof), perhaps the Dolphins need to rethink things just a bit. Either way, the Pats now have maybe the best slot receiver in the league.

I'm sure if the 'Phins want to screw us again with more brilliant trades like this one BB will be happy to cooperate.

Well, you guys run a 3 wide set where the slot receiver is very important. In our offense, we don't use a ton of 3 wide sets and the slot guy is the 5th option in our offense. In return, we got a center who has made our offensive line much better then it was last year (a much bigger weakness then our 3rd wide receiver spot.)

While it is true that Satele has improved the OL, Miami fans' insistence on refering to Welker as a #3 WR only proves just how miscast he was there.

#14 in receiving yardage, #2 in receptions and tied for 10th in TDs.

How are Miami's top 2 guys doing?

So because he got shut down all game and then after a play was over cheaply went after a guy standing still not looking makes him a bad ass?

Don't watch much football, huh?

Well, you guys run a 3 wide set where the slot receiver is very important. In our offense, we don't use a ton of 3 wide sets and the slot guy is the 5th option in our offense. In return, we got a center who has made our offensive line much better then it was last year (a much bigger weakness then our 3rd wide receiver spot.)

AQUA, welcome back!

Almost word for word in one of WaterBoy's many, repeated posts on the same issue.

Not only is he a welcher but a liar and a cheat, posting under a different name after being banned.

I've both owned you and outed you, boy.

Last edited:
Wes is doing great in his role; but that's what he is, a role player.
Because you're a Phins fan, I can understand why you're unaware of the role player concept. When a team becomes deep at every position, it can use special skills to fill roles that are uniquely employed to carry out an effective strategy. It's ok, you may learn something on this board after all.

(And here comes the, "what you're doing is working pretty good huh, 0-12?)

That already happened.
:D
Considering their offensive production this year (lack thereof), perhaps the Dolphins need to rethink things just a bit. Either way, the Pats now have maybe the best slot receiver in the league.

I'm sure if the 'Phins want to screw us again with more brilliant trades like this one BB will be happy to cooperate.

Riiiiight. Do you think maybe the Pats brought Welker in because they knew they were running 3 wide sets? Naaaah, couldn't be, I'm sure they were planning on lining him up at the z position but when they got so deep they just happened to bump him into the slot. :rolleyes:

So, how's the Finhaven VIP site?
Try reading some of those really poorly writeen and poorly reasoned 'articles' by Travis What's-His-Name. They're a hoot!

And we were happy to take him off your hands. By the way, Jason Taylor is a punk. We'll give you a third-rounder for him.

Well obviously Maroney or whoever was carrying the ball was down, why else would Ivy stop?

And it's not sour grapes, it's the truth and you guys just can't see it because he's on your beloved Patriots.

Yep, 12-0 patriots. And you are what again, remind me with your all world 2nd Round pick we gave you for Welker ? Second coming of Richmond Webb or Dwight Stepehenson.

Your idiotic GM was losing him for nothing nd the Pats FO saved your owners azz. ****wad

Sour grapes, more like a doofin fan who doesn't know crap about football.

Don;t you have anything to discuss on your board, like how your first win will be coming in 2009.

Dude, I hear you, Wes is doing great in his role; but that's what he is, a role player. Wes can't line up out side and in our offense that means he would only be on the field about 60% of the time or so. We use our tight ends, our backs and our top 2 receivers but not so much our slot guy. He's doing fin in New England, but the truth is he doesn't fit what we do. (And here comes the, "what you're doing is working pretty good huh, 0-12?)

I have no issue with a statement like, "Welker isn't perfectly cast for the offense that we want to run." It seems accurate enough.

But I absolutely do take offense when he isw refered to as a "role player". Is a guy like Mathis in Indy, who essentially lives off of his speed rush, a role player? If not, why? He has skills that are perfectly alligned to that system that wouldn't fit here or likely in Miami either.

Welker is an exceptional slot receiver. When used appropriately, those skills are just as game changing as Joey Galloway's speed or Who'syourmomma's outside skills. Obviously Welker isn't comparable with Moss or TO or Fitzgerald and guys like that, but he is one of the best 15 or so receivers in the game.

I have no issue with a statement like, "Welker isn't perfectly cast for the offense that we want to run." It seems accurate enough.

But I absolutely do take offense when he isw refered to as a "role player". Is a guy like Mathis in Indy, who essentially lives off of his speed rush, a role player? If not, why? He has skills that are perfectly alligned to that system that wouldn't fit here or likely in Miami either.

Welker is an exceptional slot receiver. When used appropriately, those skills are just as game changing as Joey Galloway's speed or Who'syourmomma's outside skills. Obviously Welker isn't comparable with Moss or TO or Fitzgerald and guys like that, but he is one of the best 15 or so receivers in the game.

doofin banter. Watch how suddenly Jason Taylor will be no good once he is traded away since he never fit the CAMOTOSE CAMERON coaching schemes, then it will be Zach Thomas.

LOL.

But I absolutely do take offense when he isw refered to as a "role player".
Good points, and I would say that the Pats have many role players because of the diversity in their preparation. Role playing allows Vrabel to catch TD passes, enables Troy Brown to jump in at CB, and inserts any number of starters into special teams. While role playing is not a full-time assignment, it enables the Pats to do the little things that help pile up the wins. Welker has very effectively stepped into a long tradition of role playing.

Welker a role player? Isn't he third in the league in receiving? Hey, now all we need is a deranged Raider fan downplaying Moss.

Welker a role player? Isn't he third in the league in receiving? Hey, now all we need is a deranged Raider fan downplaying Moss.
Right, and I refuse to lend any credibility to his half-assed assertion, as Welker's a full-time receiver and part-time role player like so many others on this team.

All our players are role players, but they are the best role players in the league, the dolphins players don't know what the hell their roles are and it shows.

Would like to see a better resolution vid of the welker hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back