PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welker: "Asante chose money over championships"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be rooting for Ellie next week. Screw ***ante.

Not me. I'll be pulling for the Eagles hardcore. I want us to remain the only "team of the decade". Next year, we'll be back to actually defend that title.

We missed Asante's playmaking skills big time this year.

We missed Asante's playmaking skills big time this year.

He deserved his money, as a 4th rounder it was his one time to bank.

He is now has the record for most playoff INTs for touchdowns... tell me again he is a product of the system.

Super Bowl 43 NFL Playoff Records: Individual - INTs

TOUCHDOWNS
Most Touchdowns, Career
3 Willie Brown, Oakland, 17 games
Asante Samuel. New England, 14 games
2 Lester Hayes, Oakland/L.A. Raiders, 13 games
Ronnie Lott, San Francisco-L.A. Raiders, 20 games
Darrell Green, Washington, 18 games
Melvin Jenkins, Seattle-Detroit, 5 games
George Teague, Green Bay-Dallas-Miami-Dallas, 12 games
Aeneas Williams, Arizona-St. Louis, 6 games
Dwight Smith, Tampa Bay, 4 games

Assante and to a lesser extent ty law were 2 free agents we missed the most..Deion Branch was replaced the next year, but if he was on the 06 pats, we win the super bowl.. Im pulling for the eagles, but not because of Assante, he did not come thru last in the clutch..

If Merriweather or LeKevin Smith said it would any of you have a problem with it?

I've never heard LeKevin say anything.

Hopefully a sobering January on the couch will prevent any more of these comments from the Pats. It's really sickening to be reminded of crap like this.

Hopefully a sobering January on the couch will prevent any more of these comments from the Pats. It's really sickening to be reminded of crap like this.
We missed ***ante but the January on the couch for us, not him, is because McNabb stayed healthy and Brady didn't.

Asante had it in his hands and dropped it in the sb. As far as what Welker said. Good for him. The Truth shall set u free and I am not talking Paul Pierce.

yes indeed, after the drop, I didn't lose a minute's sleep when ***ante left town for mo money. He made his bed, he is welcome to whatever happens to him. If it pans out, good for him. If it doesn't, well too frikkin' bad. He chose bidness over team. That's his choice to make. I don't bear him any ill will. Neither do I root for him. He's just another player in the league, not a Patriot.

***ante Samuel. JAG. That team in Philly. Wake me up when the draft starts, Mkay?

respects,

Oh well. If Asante does win a title with Philly it will just make Welker motivated to win the next 5 titles for us. Philly still doesn't have any rings and are one of the teams I wouldn't mind winning the Super Bowl this year.

Asante had it in his hands and dropped it in the sb. As far as what Welker said. Good for him. The Truth shall set u free and I am not talking Paul Pierce.

I can't blame the SB loss to Asante. So many opportunities in that game. The bigger crime was the pass Eli floated in the air that Tyree caught with one hand against his helmet with Harrison all over him in between three other Patriot defenders looking on. Not to mention that Eli had to do his Houdini act before he even threw it.

Another play that makes me cringe is Hobbs getting burned to a crisp by Burress with the game winning TD. All year long, Hobbs got picked on by opposing teams and I feared that something like that was going to happen in the biggest moment, and when it did, it freaking sucked. That TD pass wasn't even competitive. How this guy still gets defended on this board for the past 4 years of mediocre play is mind boggling. Whatever.

The opportunity for Asante's interception, the ball was rifled high that Asante had to leap right on the sidelines that went through his hands. It would have been a spectacular INT if he caught it AND stayed in bounds. He still should have made it anyway.:mad:

I have no issue with Assante. He played great for us, and I hope Philly SMASHES the G-Women next week. If Assante picks lil'bro off multiple times I will cheer every one of them.

I'm a fan of asante, and hope he does well next week, but pjilly is just as likely to lay an egg.

We missed Asante's play making abilities, however with the cushion he was giving the receivers he is lucky Jackson couldn't hit the open side of a barnyard. A better QB makes those throws and Asante gets burnt. He jumped a horribly underthrown ball and his gamble payed off. Congrats to him.

Whilst it caused short term pain, Asante wasn't worth the contract he demanded.

Not me. I'll be pulling for the Eagles hardcore. I want us to remain the only "team of the decade". Next year, we'll be back to actually defend that title.

My way of thinking exactly! Let an SB loser like Philly or Carolina go to Tampa and get beat by the Titans or maybe the Ravens.

We missed Asante's play making abilities, however with the cushion he was giving the receivers he is lucky Jackson couldn't hit the open side of a barnyard. A better QB makes those throws and Asante gets burnt. He jumped a horribly underthrown ball and his gamble payed off. Congrats to him.

Whilst it caused short term pain, Asante wasn't worth the contract he demanded.

Asante was a huge reason why the Eagles just won a playoff game. He was brought in to do exactly what he just did. So far, he's been worth the contract. Put it this way, Asante has been worth his contract much more that Adalius even before AD missed time with injury.

Asante was a huge reason why the Eagles just won a playoff game. He was brought in to do exactly what he just did. So far, he's been worth the contract. Put it this way, Asante has been worth his contract much more that Adalius even before AD missed time with injury.
And next week when he gambles and has the ball thrown over his head to a wide open receiver what will you say then? My point was a better QB than Jackson makes the throws to the cushions Samuel was giving the receivers.

If the Eagles win the Superbowl, then profess he has been worth the money. Until then he is just another free agent corner that went somewhere to be paid.

Good on him I say, we missed him this season but I understand why we didn't match the Eagles. Like they say "It's just bidnez".

And next week when he gambles and has the ball thrown over his head to a wide open receiver what will you say then? My point was a better QB than Jackson makes the throws to the cushions Samuel was giving the receivers.

If the Eagles win the Superbowl, then profess he has been worth the money. Until then he is just another free agent corner that went somewhere to be paid.

Good on him I say, we missed him this season but I understand why we didn't match the Eagles. Like they say "It's just bidnez".

Eagles play a zone blitzing scheme that normaly makes the QB hurry throws into the zones he thinks are open. Asante's biggest strength is the ability to read and jump routes. Eagles knew this and thought he'd be perfect for their defense. Asante did the same thing to the Eagles when we played them in Gillette last year. Eagles got exactly what they wanted in a CB. Whether he gets burned or not next week, Asante has lived up to the hype and contract so far.

He made plays for the Pats when he was here and he's showing that it wasn't the system that made him the playmaker he is because he is doing it with Philly as well.

Last edited:
I can't blame the SB loss to Asante. So many opportunities in that game. The bigger crime was the pass Eli floated in the air that Tyree caught with one hand against his helmet with Harrison all over him in between three other Patriot defenders looking on. Not to mention that Eli had to do his Houdini act before he even threw it.

Another play that makes me cringe is Hobbs getting burned to a crisp by Burress with the game winning TD. All year long, Hobbs got picked on by opposing teams and I feared that something like that was going to happen in the biggest moment, and when it did, it freaking sucked. That TD pass wasn't even competitive. How this guy still gets defended on this board for the past 4 years of mediocre play is mind boggling. Whatever.

The opportunity for Asante's interception, the ball was rifled high that Asante had to leap right on the sidelines that went through his hands. It would have been a spectacular INT if he caught it AND stayed in bounds. He still should have made it anyway.:mad:

Hobbs got abused both in last year's SB, and the previous year's AFC CG against the Colts. He gives a great effort for somebody his size, but I see him as a weakness, even if he is the best CB on the team by default.

Eagles play a zone blitzing scheme that normaly makes the QB hurry throws into the zones he thinks are open. Asante's biggest strength is the ability to read and jump routes. Eagles knew this and thought he'd be perfect for their defense. Asante did the same thing to the Eagles when we played them in Gillette last year. Eagles got exactly what they wanted in a CB. Whether he gets burned or not next week, Asante has lived up to the hype and contract so far.

He made plays for the Pats when he was here and he's showing that it wasn't the system that made him the playmaker he is because he is doing it with Philly as well.
Which emphasises a better QB makes those throws...

1 interception in the Wild Card round of the post-season does not make a 6 year $57 million contract in my opinion. If he does it for the next 5 years and is an integral part in the Eagles winning championships (as he was here) then sure he was worth the spending.

You seem eager to jump the gun. I want to give him 3 seasons away from the Pats before I make my ultimate decision on his worth.. like I do most free agents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back