PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welker: "Asante chose money over championships"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please tell me why this is any different than what MANY MANY people on here said about Asante? None of us have rings.

And, honestly, Welker is right. The Pats were offering damn good money to Asante and he walked. Just like his mentor, Ty Law. How many rings did Ty get after he left the Pats. In fact, I think that only Klecko has gotten a ring with another team after being with the Pats since 2003.
You forget about #4. :eek:

Greg Spires too or am I going back to far. Its tough becuase not to many teams other than us have won it.

And Gary Ruegamer was on Pats SB36 team and on Giants for SB41

It's a shame that we don't play the Eagles this year because I would love to see Welker catch the ball, take it upfield, and run over (or past) Asante who, as we all know, does not like to hit.

Did I hear this wrong, or is he reportedly having a lot of trouble adjusting to the Iggles style of defense?

Welker is a great athlete and I love the PLAYER - But hes not so smart in the head with a ******ed comment like that.

Welker has won 0 championships,no reason to talk BS.

And hey Wes,Did you say Asante left for more money instead of championships?,Adam Vinatieri says Hi
- I also think the Eagles have as good a shot as any team in the NFC to get to the Super Bowl and have enough talent to win it all in 2008 (If McNabb can handle the pressure)

Just catch and run with the damn ball like you are supposed to Wes and STFU to the media.

Welker is a great athlete and I love the PLAYER - But hes not so smart in the head with a ******ed comment like that.

Welker has won 0 championships,no reason to talk BS.

And hey Wes,Did you say Asante left for more money instead of championships?,Adam Vinatieri says Hi
- I also think the Eagles have as good a shot as any team in the NFC to get to the Super Bowl and have enough talent to win it all in 2008 (If McNabb can handle the pressure)

Just catch and run with the damn ball like you are supposed to Wes and STFU to the media.

The Patriots were 16-0 last season, set league scoring records and took an undefeated record into a Super Bowl which was won on a fluke play. The Eagles went 8-8, finished last in their division, and will have to leapfrog the #1 team in the NFC last regular season along with the Super Bowl champion.

What Welker said was right on, and everyone here knew it before free agency even started. Getting on Welker is just silly.

Greg Spires too or am I going back to far. Its tough becuase not to many teams other than us have won it.

That's why I said 2003 (meaning the 2003/2004 season). Spires got his ring with Tampa during the 2002/2003 season.

Dumb comment by Welker. Asante has played on a championship team, Welker hasn't. Asante knows more about it than Welker. Welker should have kept his mouth shut on it.

If Asante really knew more about it, Welker would have his ring as well. Yes, I am calling Asante out. Because of his bad playing during the last drive of the SB, the Pats don't have their 4th ring this decade. His dropped interception and then getting burned by David Tyree of all people...

In fact, I think that only Klecko has gotten a ring with another team after being with the Pats since 2003.

AV and I believe Reid also got rings in Indy, sadly.

You forget about #4. :eek:

#4? Who is that? I don't remember a #4. Or are you talking about that guy who replaced Vanderchoke in Indy? If that's who you are talking about, well, he's dead to me and no, he doesn't deserve to be in the HOF.

Did I hear this wrong, or is he reportedly having a lot of trouble adjusting to the Iggles style of defense?

You heard correctly and supposedly it is causing a bit of a problem as the other DBs wonder why he is getting so much more $$$$$ if he isn't that much better than them...
Oh and the most recent Eagles championship was 1960,, not only pre-Super Bowl but during the Eisenhower administration.....

If Asante really knew more about it, Welker would have his ring as well. Yes, I am calling Asante out. Because of his bad playing during the last drive of the SB, the Pats don't have their 4th ring this decade. His dropped interception and then getting burned by David Tyree of all people...

The Patriots were beat soundly in that game. The Giants deserved the win. I could say the same thing about missed open receivers and Brady, missed strips by Rodney, missed sacks by the entire D line, missed blocks by the o line, bad routes by the receivers at times, etc, etc, etc. The Giants came in and beat the Patriots and I'm satisfied that it was the Giants play and not some fluke play. If the Patriots were so much better, they should not have been in that position. Like Indy and the Steelers before them, they got hot at the right time.

Whether you think so or not, Asante has been on championship teams and Welker hasn't. Welker shouldn't be calling out a 2 time Super Bowl winner about dedication to winning one when he hasn't won a thing. It has nothing to do with how I feel about Welker. It's about BTDT and respecting those who have when you start talking about it.

That's the truth as I see it and to blame one play and excuse bad behavior isn't going to cut it IMHO

Last edited:

Yes,Asante had an easy INT which he screwed upon but if you want to point fingers, how about the 3 big guys in the front to which not one could get by the Giants OL and sack a much smaller Eli - They even had thier big mitts on him but let him get away - You can blame quite a few guys if you want to rehash the past,Some are still blaming Reche Caldwell for losing the AFCCG in 2006

We don't play the Eagles for another 4 years, who cares?

We don't play the Eagles for another 4 years, who cares?

You could be wrong - Its not exactly likely but I could possibly see a return SB between NE and Philly this year.

Please tell me why this is any different than what MANY MANY people on here said about Asante? None of us have rings.

And, honestly, Welker is right. The Pats were offering damn good money to Asante and he walked. Just like his mentor, Ty Law. How many rings did Ty get after he left the Pats. In fact, I think that only Klecko has gotten a ring with another team after being with the Pats since 2003.

yeah klecko scored a TD after that bogus pass interference on Hobbs in the 2006 AFC champinoship

I think Welker could have dropped the last two words, but I also think he's saying he expects to wearing a ring or two as a Patriot. Also, after last year, he's earned the right to say what he wants, ring or no ring, he's was one of the reasons the Patriots had the year they did.

plus if Asante did his job in the SB welker would have a super bowl now and an SB MVP. Asante drops the INT and doesn't helps Hobbs out on the game winning TD by covering burress up top.

Last edited:
Yes,Asante had an easy INT which he screwed upon but if you want to point fingers, how about the 3 big guys in the front to which not one could get by the Giants OL and sack a much smaller Eli - They even had thier big mitts on him but let him get away - You can blame quite a few guys if you want to rehash the past,Some are still blaming Reche Caldwell for losing the AFCCG in 2006

you can't blame thomas green and seymour on that play. fatso chris snee had his hand around seymour's throat and another giant was facemasking thomas. plus seymour also was facemasked on that play. 3 penalties - not one called and it cost us the super bowl.

#4? Who is that? I don't remember a #4. Or are you talking about that guy who replaced Vanderchoke in Indy? If that's who you are talking about, well, he's dead to me and no, he doesn't deserve to be in the HOF.

who else but AV can kick two field goals against oakland in that snow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes