PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welker and the Fans on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
...it just clearly illustrates that BB's hate relationship with the media has an impact (direct or not) on the players...

Did you hear the conversation he had with Bruschi?

The one thing he mentioned (about the differences between NE & Denver) was "the media having 15 guys waiting for you to slip uo, just a little bit" and Denver has just a little bit of a different feel.

Now that we are surprised, but nice to hear him condemn the mediots we have.

...it just clearly illustrates that BB's hate relationship with the media has an impact (direct or not) on the players...
not that the media has to kiss his rings. but has there ever been a more successful coach/team (in any sport) vilified by his own region as much as BB has been in the Boston/New England area?

Granted, he probably came in with "his media plan" on his 2nd stint after Cleveland. But, they just hide behind their "it's my job to ask the question". But who are they asking the questions for and the articles they write, who do they write it for?

I know alot of people in the boston area (who root for the team) and none of them hate BB or care for the articles that are constantly written. So, who is ordering the constant hatchet job and why do they continue to have jobs? Is Boston too liberal?

Tonight at Patriots nations and especially at Patsfans.com, we are proud to bring you an emotionally packed story: CHASING WELKER.

But in all seriousness, I will applaud him when he takes the field, he was a fantastic player, and I wish he was still with us, but alas it isn't so. As soon as the 60 minute clock begins, I'll be praying that he makes zero catches and is rendered totally ineffective without getting hurt.

For all he did for this team/origination...people are acting like ******* about the whole situation....

Droping a Super Bowl winning catch was not enough. He had the chance to resign with us but he didn't. he did do a lot for us thought but he is on the other side of the bridge now I don't want him to do anything tonight.e

I hope, and I know I am in the minority here with some posters, the crowd gives him a big round of applause when he steps foot back on our field.

After the game starts i expect the crowd to ride him but he did alot for this team.

Yeah he dropped the catch to win the SB that year but I am sure it was not on purpose. I am sure that catch haunts him like the Tyree catch haunts 37 to this day.

BUt he played hard here and took a lot of big licks. He was the go to receiver for TFB for many years and together they helped field a product that all New Englanders and fans outside of NE can be proud.

If I was lucky enough to be in that crowd I would be standing on my feet and clapping...after which it would be game time as always...!!

AMEN

Go Pats

Did you hear the conversation he had with Bruschi?

The one thing he mentioned (about the differences between NE & Denver) was "the media having 15 guys waiting for you to slip uo, just a little bit" and Denver has just a little bit of a different feel.

Now that we are surprised, but nice to hear him condemn the mediots we have.

That was interesting. Of course, while here Wes did a good job of keeping his feet on the right side of that line and not going toe-to-toe with the media. It's a shame that the most successful coach of our time is made out to be such a heel by the local media, though.

Am I the only pats fan on planet earth who puts that superbowl drop more on Brady than Welker... it was not a difficult throw but Brady didnt hit it and Welker had to jump and twist his body just to get his fingertips on it... people act like Brady hit him right in the #s... (cue personal attacks on me for "bashing" Brady)

I love Brady as much as anybody, one of the GOATs, arguably best ever, but some people act like he's never made a bad throw...

Am I the only pats fan on planet earth who puts that superbowl drop more on Brady than Welker... it was not a difficult throw but Brady didnt hit it and Welker had to jump and twist his body just to get his fingertips on it... people act like Brady hit him right in the #s... (cue personal attacks on me for "bashing" Brady)

I love Brady as much as anybody, one of the GOATs, arguably best ever, but some people act like he's never made a bad throw...

Brady threw it to the right spot based upon coverage which is what welker was used to him doing for six years.

Re: Re: Welker and the Fans on Sunday

Brady threw it to the right spot based upon coverage which is what welker was used to him doing for six years.

Perhaps, but it could have been a better throw based on where Welker was..besides there were way too many opportunities lost in that game to put that loss squarely on Welker... I put it on the offense as a whole myself...the way they played that year, to only score 17 points they underperformed and deserved to lose. JMO

not that the media has to kiss his rings. but has there ever been a more successful coach/team (in any sport) vilified by his own region as much as BB has been in the Boston/New England area?

Granted, he probably came in with "his media plan" on his 2nd stint after Cleveland. But, they just hide behind their "it's my job to ask the question". But who are they asking the questions for and the articles they write, who do they write it for?

I know alot of people in the boston area (who root for the team) and none of them hate BB or care for the articles that are constantly written. So, who is ordering the constant hatchet job and why do they continue to have jobs? Is Boston too liberal?
I was following your argument until the end. What the hell does liberal, conservative, moderate or anything else have to do with BB's relationship with the media?

Won't be long until those trashing Welker start trashing Brady, they have already started on Wilfork.

Stay classy New England........................

I hope, and I know I am in the minority here with some posters, the crowd gives him a big round of applause when he steps foot back on our field.

After the game starts i expect the crowd to ride him but he did alot for this team.

Yeah he dropped the catch to win the SB that year but I am sure it was not on purpose. I am sure that catch haunts him like the Tyree catch haunts 37 to this day.

BUt he played hard here and took a lot of big licks. He was the go to receiver for TFB for many years and together they helped field a product that all New Englanders and fans outside of NE can be proud.

If I was lucky enough to be in that crowd I would be standing on my feet and clapping...after which it would be game time as always...!!

Why would you think you'd be in the minority? I'd expect a sincere round of applause. the guy never gave less than 100%.

I was following your argument until the end. What the hell does liberal, conservative, moderate or anything else have to do with BB's relationship with the media?
I was getting at the point of Does the media give the people what they ask for or do they have their own agenda? Is they aren't giving the people what they want then how is it that they can stay in business? For the record, I don't think this is what the majority of people want, but it's more of a national drawing.

Still, it's amazing that you can live (for sports reporting) in an area and constantly bash the team in that manner. How many other industries or businesses can get away with that plan (and operate at a profit)?

I was getting at the point of Does the media give the people what they ask for or do they have their own agenda? Is they aren't giving the people what they want then how is it that they can stay in business? For the record, I don't think this is what the majority of people want, but it's more of a national drawing.

Still, it's amazing that you can live (for sports reporting) in an area and constantly bash the team in that manner. How many other industries or businesses can get away with that plan (and operate at a profit)?

Controversy piques people's interest. Monotonous efficiency doesn't.

Blaming how the media works up here on Boston being "too liberal" is as inane and downright ridiculous a statement as I've ever seen on this forum.

Keep going.

Tin-Foil-Cat-Hat-1.jpg

I've read this post 3 times and I still have no idea what you are trying to say.

Why? He received many cheers and ample applause from myself and everyone else when he was a Patriot. He left of his own volition and is owed nothing by the fan base here. In fact, he messed up by falling asleep at the wheel while his agent led him astray. If his exit from New England was under different circumstances I possibly could see giving him a warm welcome, but not at this juncture. Make no mistake, he returns to beat the Patriots and is a dangerous opponent. I want him to fail, not feel warm and fuzzy.

I don't think I would actually boo him initially - I think I'd give him an initial polite welcome back - but nothing crazy.

He busted his ass for the team but in the end his stats show a big goose egg on Super Bowls and the two missed catches that would have secured it.

Had he not willingly left, and indeed left for less money, and gone to an AFC rival on top of it, it would be a far different story

So while I wouldn't do it I'd say you can make a strong case that some initial boos are justified.

Blaming how the media works up here on Boston being "too liberal" is as inane and downright ridiculous a statement as I've ever seen on this forum.

Keep going.

Tin-Foil-Cat-Hat-1.jpg
Thanks, I appreciate that.

but, clearly, I can't properly express what I was saying and you've missed the mark. not your fault, I accept the full blame for not being able to explain myself properly (and some small typos never help).

Basic premise. The sports media just sucks when it comes to how they depict the team (not all of them obviously, but way too many for my tastes). I don't believe this is what the majority of fans want, but how is it that the media gets away with it and still manages to thrive (or maybe they are going broke) or the sports department is such a small part of the overall business that they can absorb the hit.

The Boston being too liberal was sarcasm, sorry didn't use a smiley face there. I'm pretty much done, so no need to respond...enjoy the game, GO Pats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back