PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welker and the Fans on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halifax_Pats_Fan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I hope, and I know I am in the minority here with some posters, the crowd gives him a big round of applause when he steps foot back on our field.

After the game starts i expect the crowd to ride him but he did alot for this team.

Yeah he dropped the catch to win the SB that year but I am sure it was not on purpose. I am sure that catch haunts him like the Tyree catch haunts 37 to this day.

BUt he played hard here and took a lot of big licks. He was the go to receiver for TFB for many years and together they helped field a product that all New Englanders and fans outside of NE can be proud.

If I was lucky enough to be in that crowd I would be standing on my feet and clapping...after which it would be game time as always...!!

I would not be mad at welker anymore if he drops the broncos game winning pass which then lets Tom run a 80 yard, game winning drive while only working with 2:14 left in the game, and amendola catches the TD.

I hope the give him a round of applause at first, then boo him the rest of the game after that. As a matter of fact, I hope that the crowd makes noise altogther. I know that "the acoustics of the stadium aren't great for crowd noise", but hopefully we can find a way of firing the pink hats out the door and get loud.

I really don't care about this at all. I've never understood the Boston sports media's fascination with this but they obsess over it. Nearly a decade later they still throw a hissy fit if someone boos Adam Vinateri.

If Welker is booed it will have nothing to do with some lack of appreciation for how hard he played and how productive he was for the Patriots. It will because he is playing for the Broncos, nothing more, nothing less. I'm sure if he signed with Tampa he'd have gotten universal cheers when they came to town and got run off the field in September.

I hope the crowd gives him a big round of applause when he steps foot back on our field.

Why? He received many cheers and ample applause from myself and everyone else when he was a Patriot. He left of his own volition and is owed nothing by the fan base here. In fact, he messed up by falling asleep at the wheel while his agent led him astray. If his exit from New England was under different circumstances I possibly could see giving him a warm welcome, but not at this juncture. Make no mistake, he returns to beat the Patriots and is a dangerous opponent. I want him to fail, not feel warm and fuzzy.

People who paid their hard earned money to go to the game have the right to give him the kind of reaction they want. If it's to boo him, then so be it.

Curran laid it all out last night on Quick Slants. If Wes wanted to be here, he could be for the same, if not more, dough. Other than Brady, Wes was arguably my favorite player. But the idea that Belichick and/or Kraft somehow screwed him over is pure, steaming BS. If he wanted to, he could have stayed here. He didn't want to play for BB. I won't be at the game. If I were, I would politely applaud his introduction and then boo him at every turn. He wasn't cut, he wasn't traded and he's elsewhere without being forced.

Curran laid it all out last night on Quick Slants. ................and he's elsewhere without being forced.

But you don't understand. Bill chided him in front of the team and made him feel bad.

they should and they probably will get him a round of applause..I would. Pats absolutely botched that whole situation..

I'll applaud him when he's introduced and then treat him like any other ex-girlfriend I mean opponent for the rest of the game.

But the idea that Belichick and/or Kraft somehow screwed him over is pure, steaming BS. If he wanted to, he could have stayed here.

After the Patriots refused to give him a long-term deal and franchised him then wouldn't acquiesce to his completely reasonable demands, he left. You can't blame him for not wanting to stay. You can argue that it's all a business or whatever, but it certainly hasn't helped the product on the field, either.

I'll be giving him a standing Ovation, he was a great Patriot and i wish he was here

I hope, and I know I am in the minority here with some posters, the crowd gives him a big round of applause when he steps foot back on our field.

After the game starts i expect the crowd to ride him but he did alot for this team.

Yeah he dropped the catch to win the SB that year but I am sure it was not on purpose. I am sure that catch haunts him like the Tyree catch haunts 37 to this day.

BUt he played hard here and took a lot of big licks. He was the go to receiver for TFB for many years and together they helped field a product that all New Englanders and fans outside of NE can be proud.

If I was lucky enough to be in that crowd I would be standing on my feet and clapping...after which it would be game time as always...!!

Zero problem with your approach.
I love Wes for the 100% he brought to us fans. No problem with him taking a slightly "better offer" or growing tired of BB, despite the fact that I like BB's approach as a ball buster. Would cheer his entry onto the field and later applaud each hit or critical drop.

Curran laid it all out last night on Quick Slants. If Wes wanted to be here, he could be for the same, if not more, dough. Other than Brady, Wes was arguably my favorite player. But the idea that Belichick and/or Kraft somehow screwed him over is pure, steaming BS. If he wanted to, he could have stayed here. He didn't want to play for BB. I won't be at the game. If I were, I would politely applaud his introduction and then boo him at every turn. He wasn't cut, he wasn't traded and he's elsewhere without being forced.

I saw that segment. I think I agree but I was distracted by Mary too much at the time.

I saw that segment. I think I agree but I was distracted by Mary too much at the time.
Mary who?? My God, on December 25 if she told me it was Easter I'd jump into a bunny suit.

I don't think Patriots fans owe Welker a standing ovation at this time. He is now a Bronco. When he retires, then we can applaud him for his contribution as a Patriot.

The Bronco's are coming in to Gillette to beat the Patriots. So this one Patriot fan views every member of the Bronco's as someone who wants to harm my team's chances that night. That includes Welker.

I feel the same way about Adam V.

Last edited:
Win or lose, you have to cheer WW. He laid it on the line here and played at a high level. I would love to see WW get a ring, with the Pats....

Welker was a superb, gritty player for us, even if he missed on a couple of plays.

He also did nothing wrong in leaving worse than trusting the flawed judgment of his agent.

So absolutely he should be greeted with major appreciation, should the opportunity arise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes