PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welker and Moss listed as questionable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Welker and Moss listed as qustionable?

my saturday morning does not start so well after i read it...

i really hope , at least, one will play (hopefully both)

Re: Welker and Moss listed as qustionable?

Necessity is hte mother of invention. Maybe now they will run.

Re: Missing a practice does not = out on Sunday

Throughout the course of this or any other season, there will be players that miss a practice but still play on Sunday. I'm not saying that it's not a concern, but I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that this means they are both out for Sunday.

I don't think he is jumping to any conclusions. He is asking the question what IF neither plays. It is one possibility, although a low probability scenario.

New England WRs Moss, Welker questionable for Sunday - NFL - CBSSports.com Football

Does anyone think that there is a chance that either or both of them will not play and how does this hurt our chances if they don't??

FWIW, "Questionable" is defined as a 50/50 chance they'll play. That's pretty vague, but the fact that both of them didn't practice is of more concern to me than how they are listed.

I think missing both of them would be a problem, not insurmountable, but a problem.

New England WRs Moss, Welker questionable for Sunday - NFL - CBSSports.com Football

Does anyone think that there is a chance that either or both of them will not play and how does this hurt our chances if they don't??

that is true enough I guess but it seemed a little more convincing when neither of them practiced today.

I don't think he is jumping to any conclusions. He is asking the question what IF neither plays. It is one possibility, although a low probability scenario.
If I came across as rude and snippy I apologize. I guess part of it was that I just didn't see the need for a third or fourth thread on the same subject (Moss and Welker being on the injury report and listed as questionable) for one thing. I'm not sure what was expected from his original question; it's not as if somebody here is going to have inside information on whether or not they'll play - and if by chance somebody did, I certainly wouldn't expect them to make that information public.

As for the second part of the original question, isn't the answer obvious? If any team has to play two backups rather than two pro bowlers at any position, then the expected result would be a dropoff in performance. In other words, yes, two of your best starters not playing will hurt your team's chances to win, especially when playing a good football team. Not exactly rocket science.

If I came across as rude and snippy I apologize. I guess part of it was that I just didn't see the need for a third or fourth thread on the same subject (Moss and Welker being on the injury report and listed as questionable) for one thing. I'm not sure what was expected from his original question; it's not as if somebody here is going to have inside information on whether or not they'll play - and if by chance somebody did, I certainly wouldn't expect them to make that information public.

As for the second part of the original question, isn't the answer obvious? If any team has to play two backups rather than two pro bowlers at any position, then the expected result would be a dropoff in performance. In other words, yes, two of your best starters not playing will hurt your team's chances to win, especially when playing a good football team. Not exactly rocket science.

"If I came across as rude and snippy I apologize"

Nonsense....you never come across rude or snippy......:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back