Welker and Gronk nominated for Madden Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsinthesnow

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
'Madden' Cover Vote: AFC East - ESPN

The voting starts March 7th, 64 man bracket with each team having two players facing off against eachother for two weeks before the bracket is done to 32.

Figure this counts as news since with every passing year the Madden curse gets scarier. Also, I could see Gronk being one of, if not the favorite to win it.

While a Gronk spike on the Madden 13 cover would look awesome, I'd rather the pats not inherit the curse.

Tebow wins if he's in the competition.

What about Brady? What kinda bash is this?

Getting Brady to do it would probably be too expensive for EA, and he probably opts out of it. Just like how Peyton was never on the cover.

Tebow is in the tourney........ :bricks:

Brady is certainly worthy of the cover, so who knows what the criteria is.

After all, last year they did a similar tournament but with only one player from each team. Tom Brady was the league MVP, but it was Danny Woodhead that was part of the tournament.

Also, didn't Peyton Hillis win the voting over Aaron Rodgers? How do you figure that?

I know it is just a silly superstition, but the coincidences keep piling up (just ask Peyton Hillis who was last year's cover boy). I want no Patriot on the Madden cover just because of the unlikely chance the Madden curse is real.

Let's get Sanchez on the cover.

'Madden' Cover Vote: AFC East - ESPN

The voting starts March 7th, 64 man bracket with each team having two players facing off against eachother for two weeks before the bracket is done to 32.

Figure this counts as news since with every passing year the Madden curse gets scarier. Also, I could see Gronk being one of, if not the favorite to win it.

While a Gronk spike on the Madden 13 cover would look awesome, I'd rather the pats not inherit the curse.

darth_vader_nooo_7675.jpeg

Please God...anyone but a Patriot!

i am not one to believe in curses but i mean the coincidences just keep piling up. Let tebow take it or Eli. I for sure will vote for others many times over just so that a Patriots player doesn't end up with even a chance to be on the cover...

this is terrible news

I would vote against them just to make sure they dont get the Madden curse! Peyton Hillis had a lousy injury plagued year after getting the cover. so did vick. and the list goes on and on.

I hope Gronk gets it, anyone who believes in curses is a dummy

also aren't these things bargained for as a whole by the NFLPA, meaning that the player on the cover doesn't negotiate how much it costs?

I hope Gronk gets it, anyone who believes in curses is a dummy

also aren't these things bargained for as a whole by the NFLPA, meaning that the player on the cover doesn't negotiate how much it costs?

my last madden was madden 10 so i'm thinking of buying the next one. I hope it's Gronk. It would be cool.

Oh yeah, superstition is dumb.

The last Madden had Aaron Rodgers highlighted on the main menu screen..I'm not buying a game that has Eli Manning highlights on the main menu.

I seems that Gronk is destined to win. The Madden curse just mistimed everything and hit him at the end of the previous season rather than during the next.

Assuming the madden curse is real.........I vote for Eli

Anyone who wants Gronkowski to be on the cover of Madden is a total fool...whether they believe in "curses" or not.

Look at the last 10 yrs or so, and then tell me it'd really be that important to you to see him on the cover of a freaking video game.

It's more than coincidence. Why even go there? What benefit would it actually be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down