PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welker and Big games

Status
Not open for further replies.

chasa

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
is it just me or does Welker seems to fade away in Big games lately.

Hear me out.

In the superbowl he had some very costly drops that probably ended up costing the pats the game.

Last night when the spotlights were on, in a fight for playoff seeding welker had at least 5 drops. Welker was set to have a MONSTER game, but he just couldn't get out of his own way for the better part of the game.

Hear me out.

In the superbowl he had some very costly drops that probably ended up costing the pats the game.

Last night when the spotlights were on, in a fight for playoff seeding welker had at least 5 drops. Welker was set to have a MONSTER game, but he just couldn't get out of his own way for the better part of the game.

No doubt. You know who else really sucks, Brady, he sucks big time.

Hear me out.

I agree it wasn't his best game, but I think you're being a little tough on him. Take him off the field and see how effective the other guys are. He makes up for a lot of his mistakes just by his ability and being out there - because when the other team doesn't account for him, he'll kill them. Considering Edelman's inability to stay healthy I think they're taking a huge risk not trying to get something done, although I blame that on his agent moreso than Welker. But that's a debate I don't feel like having right now.

Last edited:
I agree it wasn't his best game, but I think you're being a little tough on him. Take him off the field and see how effective the other guys are. He makes up for a lot of his mistakes just by his ability and being out there - because when the other team doesn't account for him, he'll kill them. Considering Edelman's inability to stay healthy I think they're taking a huge risk not trying to get something done, although I blame that on his agent moreso than Welker. But that's a debate I don't feel like having right now.

I know you don't want to have the debate Ian so i don't expect any response to this, but Welker's agent would have been disbarred if he had accepted the Patriots "offer," which" was approximately 150% of his franchise tag. That's not anywhere near a serious offer and agents have a responsibility to get their clients fair deals, not simply accept whatever the team offers. Had Brfady or Wilfork been treated like this fans would be outraged, unfortunately Welker isn't appreciated for playing like a HOF player and is treated like a jag by many of the fans here. His agent is not to blame, Belichick is.

wilfork and brady were in their prime or going into their prime years. The clock is ticking on Welker. How long can he keep up his footspeed and quickness? He's already 31 and will be 32 at the start of next year. That's about time the legs out.

BB would be disbarred if he gave him the contract you'd want. He may not get anywhere near what he thinks he's worth on the open market.

wilfork and brady were in their prime or going into their prime years. The clock is ticking on Welker. How long can he keep up his footspeed and quickness? He's already 31 and will be 32 at the start of next year. That's about time the legs out.

BB would be disbarred if he gave him the contract you'd want. He may not get anywhere near what he thinks he's worth on the open market.

That must be why they prevented him from hitting the market, because they figured he wouldn't get paid accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back