PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welker #1 underpaid player in the league (Gronk #10) according to this NBC Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

weswelker#83

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
CNBC sports business reporter Darren Rovell put together a slide show for site that lists the NFL’s most underpaid offensive players.

Source:
These players aren't making enough money - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Official Patriots Football Weekly Blog | From the Hart: Welker most underpaid player?

sYnP1h.jpg

Look at Ochocinco.

Last edited:
Look at Brady and Hernandez, so????

Welker is underpaid and it's a damn shame , IMHO. However, I have a problem including Gronk on that list. Last year he was a rooky for crying out loud. This is his second year in the league. I believe that they will give him a new deal eventually, but come on, let the dude earn it first. He had a break out year this year. If he performs like this next season, then yes, it's time to pay the man!

Welker is underpaid and it's a damn shame , IMHO. However, I have a problem including Gronk on that list. Last year he was a rooky for crying out loud. This is his second year in the league. I believe that they will give him a new deal eventually, but come on, let the dude earn it first. He had a break out year this year. If he performs like this next season, then yes, it's time to pay the man!

Well, it's a true statement: relative to production, GRONK is vastly underpaid.

That said, last year was his breakout year; this year vaulted him into "Could he become the best TE of all time?" conversations.

It's certainly fair to say that he's been the best offensive player in that class, by some margin (scarily, the top three might be GRONK, Graham, and Hernandez. . . .).

Gronk will be paid soon. BB wanting him to get the record tells me all I need to know. No way BB let Gronk go anywhere. Hernandez i am not sure. I am also not even sure of Welker being paid.

Well, it's a true statement: relative to production, GRONK is vastly underpaid.

That said, last year was his breakout year; this year vaulted him into "Could he become the best TE of all time?" conversations.

It's certainly fair to say that he's been the best offensive player in that class, by some margin (scarily, the top three might be GRONK, Graham, and Hernandez. . . .).

Good points ct. I still think it's a little early to talk about money for Gronk, but the kid is worthy for sure.

Gronk will be paid soon. BB wanting him to get the record tells me all I need to know. No way BB let Gronk go anywhere. Hernandez i am not sure. I am also not even sure of Welker being paid.

There isn't another Welker in the league, and it's pretty obvious Welker values winning over just chasing dollars.

As I've said before, the cost of not resigning Welker (namely, that he'll go somewhere else) outweighs any possible benefit.

Last edited:
another totally unnecessary hit job by FESPN leading up to an important playoff game...you mean to tell me this idiotic piece of tripe couldn't wait until AFTER the Patriots are done in the post season?

what's next, dragging out the ol' stroll down spygate memory lane?

Neither link is to ESPN, and, FWIW, they're from mid-November.

huge step on my d!ck move, CT..I will remove the offensive post of paranoia...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes