Welcome to PatsFans.com

Welcome to the political forum

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +270 / 11 / -11

So, welcome Michael, Mr. Bigglesworth, Mogamedogz, ljuneau, MrSparkle, mcgraw_wv, Mossed81, and anyone else who starting contributing since roughly the beginning of the year. Did I leave anyone out? (Reflexblue, when did you start actively contributing to this forum?) Also, welcome back Fog and Otis, and a belated welcome back to F.B.N. who played a leading role in getting the forum going before taking a long break from it. And welcome Lifer and Holy Diver who have been involved in this forum for awhile, but whose increased participation I personally appreciate given the disproportionate number of righties presently in the forum.

This post, of course, is long, long overdue, but better late than never.

2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +389 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

I don't post here that often so it's easy to forget me. I started posting here shortly after the Pats SB loss. Strangely, it was a. paul a.k.a. Otis, who invited me here originally:D

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +675 / 2 / -9

I liked you because one of your first posts was to call me a Racist---:singing:

When I first came here this is what Nem called me, "Redneck, Republican, Right Wing Scumsucking Nazi Racist Bastard Get The F-ck Off This Forum" (I miss Nem)

:bricks:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  4. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +389 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

Yes, but I was wrong to say that...only cuz it breaks board rules Harry.;)

Get on your horse and rescue your damsel in disress before she starts without you!

5. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Thanks, I like this board FAR FAR better than the previous 4 letter Non sports talk board I was once at...

We can disagree here without personal attacks.. and that's nice.. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Thanks for being an ULTRA moderate moderator. It takes think skin and personal conviction to be such, it does not go unnoticed. Also noticed is your ULTRA libbyness :p but I still enjoy your posts. They are well written and thought out (next time try the red pill). I'm a happy person by and large and text often does not translate emotion or meaning. Most of what I say, I say with humor so I hope that comes across.

But yeah, thanks for this welcome post. There are many intelligent posters here with many different views. As I read and absorb, I learn and grow. Thank you all for that (yes Harry, even you).

7. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

thanks for the welcome. And thanks for easing up on what i felt was an anti-Christian theme. I have taken notice and I do appreciate it.
    Im hoping my participation can break through the " all evangelicals are right wing morons" stereotype, as I feel its a definate block for a lot of people being open to the idea of Christianity, that even if they are drawn to it, they will stop because they think it means they will have to accept all the political lies of the religious right, that to be a "Christian" you have to swallow all of the political agenda of right wing Pastors.

Its a lie, it totally ignores the 90% of Black Christians who vote Democrat, and the 40% of Evangelicals overall who vote Democratic in most elections, and the lie only serves to keep many people from Jesus Christ who otherwise would be open to Him.

8. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Jesus Christ a "Democrat"???? How much wine did you have at communion today?

//

9. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

can your READ, Fogbuster????

did i SAY THAT? No, I didnt say Jesus was a Democrat. What I said was its a total lie that to be a Christian you have to be a Republican. That lie has kept many people who would be open to Christ away from Him.

Please read my post again if its not clear what I clearly said.

10. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +517 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

Other than the crazy liberal partisan it's an excellent place to be. Unfortunately the term I used for Patters was not a term of endearment ;)

11. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

"Are you trying to tell me Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?"

Ahhhh.......the hijacking of the 'welcome' thread......all is well in the political forum!

That being said...great to have so many peeps posting during crunchtime! Up to this point this has certainly been one of the more interesting races of my life. The REAL exciting part is the availability of information, audio and video....as well as discussion boards like these to bring ideas and opinions together.

Stay up Playahz!

12. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +161 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

My first post here was to call you a neo-fascist,but Patters said that you were just misunderstood and had a lot of good points to make. Which he was right.........sometimes...:D

13. Patters

Ratings:
    +270 / 11 / -11

Harry Boy is perhaps the most sensible neo-fascist in the forum :)

14. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Took me all of half a post to figure out Harry. My Folks are a lot like him, so I appreciate his views a great deal.

I wanted to get him and Presscoverage their own radio show, imagine that!

15. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Oh, so it is a "total lie" that to be Christian one must also be a Republican .... so, Christians may also be Democrats, too???

Where does it say that in the Bible??

;)

//

16. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,083 / 9 / -20

#87 Jersey

That was very nice of you ... thank you ... now about Obama ... :banned:

17. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,083 / 9 / -20

#87 Jersey

JoeSixPat & myself would go toe to toe with NEM back in the day. Right, wrong or indifferent NEM could debate with the best. he wasn't as good factually as Patters was back then but his opinion was sharp as a tack.

To be honest ... my debate skills were pretty poor also ... I would find some blurb from some right wing hack site and post it as fact. Patters, BigMike and Seymour would go nuts about it. I was a bit naive about what sites were decent and which were real hack sites. So I would argue my butt off and I made a fool of myself more times than not.

However... my intention was to get the political forum going as it was my idea to ask Ian if we could have one. So ... the posting from the hack sites worked out well because it brought in all kinds of people who were pissed at reading my crap. Contrarian to that people would come here pissed off about the stuff NEM would post.

Patters was always like the "Big Daddy" ... gently moderating (he was not a mod then) us along. There was more than a few days where I swear he wanted to taser or pepper spray us ... I am sure of it.

Well us hacks got a bit better and other members came in and the forum has prospered. It's a great place because of the diversity of people here. It's not overly serious also which I believe to be a good thing. Too bad some have left ... JoeSixPat, Wildo, BigMike, Chevy amongst others. Nice to see Seymour back also. I wish NEM was still here ... even though he pisses me off, I have great respect for that man as he is a great American who loves his country ... a bit too much at times.

I took a long break because I was too serious about it all. Since I have come back many may notice that i tend to stay out of the real serious threads and mostly stick to the opinion stuff ... I find it more entertaining.

Lastly ... I was more to the right when I first came here ... or so I thought. I realized I was way closer to the center than I had realized. I realized I was on the side of the illegal aliens (spanish), the gay issues such as equality and gay marriage, woman's issues except for abortion and poverty. I'm still a bit staunch against the black whining on issues ... oh well ... can't win them all.

I owe a great thanks to Patters ... for teaching me debate skills and teaching me not to get mad when losing a debate. To win a debate means to sharpen one's point ... so i have tried to follow his advice even when I still think getting angry is easier.:mad::p

Oh well .. got to go pick up my weiner at school ... be back later.

18. Patters

Ratings:
    +270 / 11 / -11

F.B.N., You and JoeSixPack used to really get my goat. JoeSixPack especially, since I had less in common with him politically. (You and I might disagree on a lot of things, but as you pointed out, you do have some pretty liberal blood cells to keep you healthy!) Real World reminds me a little of JoeSixPack in the sense that he often manages to say really annoying things without committing himself politically. Wish I could remember who else was around back then. Do you know how long it's been since the forum's been up? It seems like forever, and amazingly in all that time I haven't convinced a single soul of anything! :D

19. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +675 / 2 / -9

I know it-------:D

20. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +161 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

Yeah I remember last spring you me and RW talking about that. Harry jumped and said that he would be the nice polite guy or something like that.