PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome to the new forum!

I just increased it to 30. Thought I had already done that, but apparently not.

Haven't gone into the personal settings regarding user adjustments myself. I'll spend some time looking at that and see what options might exist for that.

Well at 30 posts per page I'm happy. Thank You

Running Safari on a MAC.
The forum is a page in the middle with blue background blank space on both sides
Can't see any sidebar with tweets or Pats writers stuff. I miss that feature.
The Ctl +/_ changes text size, not the width of the narrow text page
Any MAC users know of some adjustment I can make?

Thanks!

Yes.. Get a PC :p

This is just a test post I guess. Its going to take some getting used to. The only thing I'd ask for is if we could get a bit more bolder lines between posts and on the main forum if the page numbers can be shown without having to hover over each topic. And I may have missed this but is there anyway to increase the number of posts per page. Typically on any forum I use I prefer to have at least 30 posts per page and right now it looks like default 20. Just wanting to know if we are able to increase it ourselves.

I've always used 40 posts per. Up to a point of overload, it's a case of the more, the merrier.

Just my take, though.

Has anyone been able to find a way to ignore threads yet? I haven't tried looking for it yet, but it's a good option to have.

Has anyone been able to find a way to ignore threads yet? I haven't tried looking for it yet, but it's a good option to have.
Still looking into that, as well as a couple of other things I noticed we're missing compared to the old board. Hopefully by the weekend I'll be able to sit down a little more and button these things up.

This is the place to come and talk about the upcoming New England Patriots 2010 Draft.

Still says this on the draft board, needs a little update.

Still says this on the draft board, needs a little update.
Yikes, can't believe no one pointed that out before now. Yeah...that was a little outdated :rolleyes:

Hi Ian-

First, thanks for all your hard work on the forums!

With all the stuff on the left (avatar, stats, jersey) I am seeing a ton of whitespace on short posts... would be great to have the ability to shut off everything except the username, like we can turn off signatures.

The only thing I miss is that I now have to manually click a button to mark the forum read- the old one would do it automatically- just made it easier to sort out new posts. Did I miss an option for that?

Thanks

Markd

Ian, will we be able to imbed tweets in the future?

Hi Ian-

First, thanks for all your hard work on the forums!

With all the stuff on the left (avatar, stats, jersey) I am seeing a ton of whitespace on short posts... would be great to have the ability to shut off everything except the username, like we can turn off signatures.

Not that I'm aware of. I'll look into that though and see if there's something I can possibly code for that.

The only thing I miss is that I now have to manually click a button to mark the forum read- the old one would do it automatically- just made it easier to sort out new posts. Did I miss an option for that?

Thanks

Markd

Hmmm...not sure. I'll check within user preferences and see if that's something that can be enabled.

Ian, will we be able to imbed tweets in the future?

Another good question, I'll do some digging and see what I can come up with :cool:

On this new ignore list, are posts from people on ignore simply not showing up, like that old software on Mozilla Firefox which allowed posts from those on ignore to completely disappear? If so, that's an awesome upgrade.

Finally we made it.

The worst thing on that absence was not do not talking about the Patriots, it was not bashing the Jests for so many days.

Reactions: Ian
Maybe it makes me a teenage girl at heart but I miss my Likes. :( I was close to a 1:1 ratio of Posts to Likes and that meant a little something to me.

But that small item aside I really appreciate this site. Thankyou so much for all the hard that goes into maintaining it, Ian.

And while you are still thinking of what features to add, may I suggest a couple new categories for Rating posts?

I dont expect anyone to be familiar with my posting style but one thing that brings out the most annoying kind of post from me are the ones I make in response to someone being unnecessarily hostile and patronizing.

(It's a cycle of insults begetting snark)

To that end Id love a rating such as "Unnecessarily Hostile" or "Rude" etc.. (just as a couple of examples)

If I could just click on an "Insulting" or "Instigating" rating it would save a lot of snarky replies meant to call someone on being unnecessarily rude.

Last edited:
Really cool looking new format!!!! Great job. Now I just have to get familiar with the new layout lol

Oooh, very nice. I like the new look. Nice work Ian!!

Maybe it makes me a teenage girl at heart but I miss my Likes. :( I was close to a 1:1 ratio of Posts to Likes and that meant a little something to me.

Yeah...was disappointed those didn't import. The problem was that was an add-on through a defunct plugin for vBulletin that no longer exists, so despite a couple of attempts I made for those to come through, unfortunately they weren't included :(

And while you are still thinking of what features to add, may I suggest a couple new categories for Rating posts?

I dont expect anyone to be familiar with my posting style but one thing that brings out the most annoying kind of post from me are the ones I make in response to someone being unnecessarily hostile and patronizing.

(It's a cycle of insults begetting snark)

To that end Id love a rating such as "Unnecessarily Hostile" or "Rude" etc.. (just as a couple of examples)

If I could just click on an "Insulting" or "Instigating" rating it would save a lot of snarky replies meant to call someone on being unnecessarily rude.

I may come up with something like that. I know they're customizable, so I'll see what I can do :)

On this new ignore list, are posts from people on ignore simply not showing up, like that old software on Mozilla Firefox which allowed posts from those on ignore to completely disappear? If so, that's an awesome upgrade.
That's a good question. I'll have to go through the admin panel and dig a bit to see what the limitations are with that setting.

And @patfanken, I didn't forget about you. The trophy points are a new feature and I've only started getting familiar with those. I'm likely going to be putting together a page that explains a lot of the features, etc. so hopefully I can come up with a good outline with all of that information for you :)

Might I suggest hiding that panel of data under the AVs unless you click it? It leaves a ton of empty space when people go back and forth with short posts.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back