PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome to the new forum!

Testing new youtube feature

I'll put something together as a secondary option. The white is a little tough...you're not to the first to say it and I'm definitely going to see what I can come up with to tweak this theme a bit.

I'll also see if I can create some alternate ones too to give people some additional options ;)

Aside from a night mode I think it would be cool if we could get 'throwback' themes with red/white like the jerseys. :cool:

I like it a lot; except for the IE 8 issue.
I'll see what I can do there...that one is going to be a little
Ian - post #3 suggests a fix for my IE8 problem.

http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?643516-IE8-Bug-Text-invisible-until-selected

I don't know much about this stuff, whether it's something you can do or not.
You've got me fired up now to tackle this :cool: What text isn't showing up? If anyone who experienced it can throw up a screenshot and just circle the text that's not appearing I'll try and pinpoint it and get it working.

BTW, just installed an upgraded version of the post ratings. You'll see them as you mouseover a post just above the signatures. There are different categories, "useful", "funny", etc. Feel free to obviously try them out :)

Also just softened the white - should be a little easier on the eyes now.

I'll see what I can do there...that one is going to be a little

You've got me fired up now to tackle this :cool: What text isn't showing up? If anyone who experienced it can throw up a screenshot and just circle the text that's not appearing I'll try and pinpoint it and get it working.
Basically all the text in posted messages is invisible. If you right click at the top and pull down as if you were going to copy it then you see the text as you scroll down.

No rush but if you download ie8 you'll likely see it as KontradictioN saw the same thing. It's workable as is just a liitle extra work.

The "dumb" icon should be green...by default

• Ha Ha
Reactions: PP2
Just installed another cool feature, where you can now select the jersey of your favorite player to include in your profile area :cool:

On a side note, TitanJeff from GoTitans.com gets the H/T on that. I figured out how he did it and then obviously put ours together.

Last edited:
BTW, just installed an upgraded version of the post ratings. You'll see them as you mouseover a post just above the signatures. There are different categories, "useful", "funny", etc. Feel free to obviously try them out :)

There isn't one for 'big meanie'. How will people be able to rate my posts? ;)

Just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work, Ian. The forum looks great so far :)

just struck me...along with the many icons conveying emotions, like, agree, disagree etc I think it may be pretty revealing to add a Homer and a Chicken Little to this season's gameday threads...nah, wait....bad idea:confused:

just struck me...along with the many icons conveying emotions, like, agree, disagree etc I think it may be pretty revealing to add a Homer and a Chicken Little to this season's gameday threads...nah, wait....bad idea:confused:

Those would be a hoot

I'd burn the CL icon up...although I think a bawking chicken IS a pretty cool icon for in game message repartee.

I just realized, I think user tagging is an option. @Joker can tell me if this worked to get his attention, but I'm pretty sure it does :)

Ian, here's something I've noticed. If I type up a post in a thread, and then decide not to send the post and leave the thread, that post is still there when I come back, no matter how often I cut it. It stays, in that thread, until I actually post something.

It doesn't happen every time, though, so there must be a trigger of sorts.

I see you tagged the post when I open the "alerts" icon up top...is tHAT what you mean, Ian?..oh wait...if I scroll OVER @Joker in your post MY info comes up..is THAT it?

• Winner
Reactions: Ian
I see you tagged the post when I open the "alerts" icon up top...is tHAT what you mean, Ian?..oh wait...if I scroll OVER @Joker in your post MY info comes up..is THAT it?

Yeah, it's suppose to show up in your alerts. That means it works.

Reactions: Ian
LOL, yes. Now if I want to get your attention in a post I can just ping your alert box with this. Good times :)

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back