PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome to the New England Patriots, TCU WR Josh Boyce

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all I have to read. Combine this with 4.4 speed and I'm 100% on board.

What do you feel is your strength as a player?

JB: I’m really smart so I think I can pick up things pretty quick. I see a lot of things before they happen, so I think my mind is what’s working for me a lot of times.

23 is pretty good for a position player...

The greatest Tom Brady think-a-like (Welker) scored a 30.
Danny Amendola rocked a 27.
Basically, in WR World, we've had Da Vinci and Sir Isaac Newton catching passes.
On the other had, Randy Moss got a 12 and Ben Watson scored 48.

Josh Boyce is a Great pick in the Fourth I think he will make an Impact...he's already a great route runner. The Skill sets of the WR's in the 2013 NFL draft is very closer than most think, the drop off from one WR to the next is not that significant.

someone compared him to Cobb in GB...is that true..is he like that? Don't kno much about him

someone compared him to Cobb in GB...is that true..is he like that? Don't kno much about him
As a receiver there are some similarities in that they both can play inside and out, have good speed, COD, quickness and big play ability. Beyond that though, Cobb has better hands whilst Boyce has better size of the two. If given the choice between the two I would go with Cobb because he's the better all around prospect but Boyce isn't that far off.

From a physicality and toughness perspective, I liken Boyce more so towards Victor Cruz. He has a similar build to Cruz and like him is a threat to score from anywhere.

As a receiver there are some similarities in that they both can play inside and out, have good speed, COD, quickness and big play ability. Beyond that though, Cobb has better hands whilst Boyce has better size of the two. If given the choice between the two I would go with Cobb because he's the better all around prospect but Boyce isn't that far off.

From a physicality and toughness perspective, I liken Boyce more so towards Victor Cruz. He has a similar build to Cruz and like him is a threat to score from anywhere.

Reminds me a lot of Torrey Smith, hopefully he can be as good.

Reminds me a lot of Torrey Smith, hopefully he can be as good.
Err, I don't think they're comparable much. Torrey Smith lacks physicality and doesn't consistently beat press coverage. He's much more of a one trick pony strictly on the outside who needs a free release off the line to ever factor much, as he is at his best when he is running go routes.

Love this guy he's a burner. And looks like he has the build to play outside :singing:

Err, I don't think they're comparable much. Torrey Smith lacks physicality and doesn't consistently beat press coverage. He's much more of a one trick pony strictly on the outside who needs a free release off the line to ever factor much, as he is at his best when he is running go routes.

Torrey Smith has become a beast. If Josh turns out to be anything like Torrey, this pick will be considered a huge freaking steal.

Is it just the pads? Watching the guy's highlights he looks like a chubby tank yet he's 5'11 206 and runs a 4.38 forty.

Someone said he's like Boldin with less heft and more speed...so think of Heinz Ward as a comparable player and you probably aren't going to be too far off in terms of play style.

Hopefully he turns out to be a good receiver in the pros.

Torrey Smith has become a beast. If Josh turns out to be anything like Torrey, this pick will be considered a huge freaking steal.
If you're referring to his play in the Ravens' superbowl run, I'd beg to differ.

Other than torching old-man Champ Bailey in a half or so of work, he was largely invisible. The grizzled and savvy Anquan Boldin did the majority of the damage for them during their run. Torrey Smith is hardly what I would call a, "beast." He's too inconsistent.

If you're referring to his play in the Ravens' superbowl run, I'd beg to differ.

Other than torching old-man Champ Bailey in a half or so of work, he was largely invisible. The grizzled and savvy Anquan Boldin did the majority of the damage for them during their run. Torrey Smith is hardly what I would call a, "beast." He's too inconsistent.

What Superbowl? Never heard of it.

No I'm referring to the regular season production out of Smith.

No I'm referring to the regular season production out of Smith.
You mean the have 100+ yards receiving for 1 game then have 3-4 games straight where he barely records over 40 yards in each production?

Yeah, that's definitely, "beastly."

You mean the have 100+ yards receiving for 1 game then have 3-4 games straight where he barely records over 40 yards in each production?

Yeah, that's definitely, "beastly."

Production isn't the only thing you need to look at when it comes to Torrey Smith. There were games where his size and physical play simply occupied the other team's best DB's freeing up the othe side of the field.

Smith is a beast and I would love to have someone like him here.

Is it just the pads? Watching the guy's highlights he looks like a chubby tank yet he's 5'11 206 and runs a 4.38 forty.

He really does look pretty wide bodied.

Production isn't the only thing you need to look at when it comes to Torrey Smith. There were games where his size and physical play simply occupied the other team's best DB's freeing up the othe side of the field.

Smith is a beast and I would love to have someone like him here.

He's not a beast, though. He's fast. That's about it.

Josh Boyce vs Michigan State (2012) - YouTube

Some atrocious QB play, had me laughing. btw, can he play outside as well?

Only BB would draft the only WR i have EVER HEARD CALLED FOR ENCROACHMENT
LOL.

I didnt realize that in college that was an equal opp penalty. Never heard it called encroachment in the pros when called on an O player.

FYI - most of other highlights I saw he was lined up outside (and usually L); not in slot.

Some saying he could be a steal in the 4th round...lets hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back