PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome to the New England Patriots Geneo Grissom

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I like this pick. he can be an edge rusher in a 4-3 and a OLB in a 3-4. Another guy that BB can use in various situations. He could even be moved to ILB.

a 5th round grade with one of the last picks in the 3d round isn't the worst thing in the world. I can be on board with this.

Still can't believe what we did in the 2nd. F***

I wonder if Grissom is a combination of Hightower insurance and a future Nink replacement. Dropped into coverage almost as much as rushed the passer.

a 5th round grade with one of the last picks in the 3d round isn't the worst thing in the world. I can be on board with this.

Still can't believe what we did in the 2nd. F***
Depends on who is doing the grading. I see his "grade" of 5.33,in the mix of being a late 3rd- early 4th.

Last edited:
With C. Jones, Nink, Buchanan, Moore, Sheard and Bequette and now Grissom, that's a lot of bodies. Don't know if he is going to see a lot of playing time this year.

Collins ran a 4.64, Hightower a 4.68. Grissom a 4.81. I don't think he's an off-the-line defender.

I'm ok with this pick. He can play DE and LB. Would be great to see him play a Vrabel role in red zone offense situations.

Highly doubt we will draft any more d line.
Now can we focus on offensive line and receivers.
Is there a defensive back out there with freakish athleticism who went to a small school flying under the radar at all?

Grissom sounds like a seriously versatile player who should fit in perfectly in this defense. I am VERY excited about this years front 7.

Big guy Watt catches touchdowns, rushes the Passer plays in the state of Texas.
Ring any bells?

Probably that he has also played some TE as well being a defensive player might be a factor in him being drafted. Belichick like players who can play multiple positions. Probably not a starter but can be coached to be a backup at multiple positions.

He certainly fits the bill as a Pat's draft choice. MCL injury last year, stress fractures in both feet in 2010 and 2012. He's a combination of Easley and Dobson, can chat with them on both injury types.

Bill seems pretty stoked on the picks...

Is it me, or are Grissom's measurables scarily similar to Rob Ninkovich and Roosevelt Colvin?

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 4m4 minutes ago
Bill Belichick says Geneo Grissom had as good of a workout at TE as team saw. Pats not looking at him as a TE, but highlights athleticism

Mike Petraglia ‏@Trags 4m4 minutes ago
"I'm sure he'll be able to contribute in the kicking game." Belichick on Richards.. Impressed with tackling

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 8m8 minutes ago
Bill Belichick referred to Geneo Grissom as an "interesting player" in pointing out all the different roles he's played on defense.

Mike Petraglia ‏@Trags 8m8 minutes ago
"I'd say he's very instinctive as a pass rusher." Belichick on Grissom

Christopher Price ‏@cpriceNFL 26s27 seconds ago
Belichick seems excited/intrigued about Grissom and his possibilities

Thank god we spent a 2nd round pick on a slow safety who "should be able to contribute in the kicking game". Should line up next to Tavon Wilson on special teams. We are the ONLY team to draft special teams players in the 2nd round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back